one

FREE PUPPIES

chapter one all edited! i added some new stuff into the chapter so you might want to reread the chapter.
edit: and a reminder, i started this fic when c-clown first debuted so their solo concept look is how they look in the fic.


                Shivering as you stepped out onto the side walk, you pulled your coat closer to you help yourself get warmer. It was freezing out. Then again, it was in the middle of January, so of course it would be. 

                You blew hot air into your cupped hands and then rubbed them together, trying to warm them up since you didn't have any gloves to wear. You glanced up to the night sky to see flakes of snow starting to fall down to the ground.  You shoved your freezing hands into your coat's pockets and started walking on home to your apartment.

                Through the park was a short cut to your apartment and you were extremely tired from your long day. So you decided that that would be the route that you would take tonight. Normally, you liked taking the long way because you liked the fresh air, but today you didn't feel like it. 

                The falling snow was sticking and piling up on the ground, causing you to leave foot prints as you walked along the path. When you passed a bench, you began to hear a chorus of barks. You stopped in your step and peered around, trying to find the source of the barking. A cardboard box next to the bench you just passed caught your eye. You walked over to the box and looked inside of it. Six little puppies were in the box. A couple of them had taken notice to you and were staring up at you with curiosity in their eyes. Three of them were cuddling together, most likely trying to keep themselves warm from the cold weather. The two that were staring at you began to bark at you along with another one that had been scratching at the side of the box. 

                You reached your hand into the box to pet one the only light furred dog. The dog stopped barking to sniff at your hand. Once it knew that you were okay, it nudged your hand with its head, encouraging you to pet it. You pet its head and then began to scratch behind its ear. The one next to the one you were petting barked to get your attention. You used your other hand to pet it. 

                You looked around trying to maybe find someone who could have left these six puppies, but the park was deserted. You noticed a paper on the ground near the box and you stopped petting the dogs to pick it up. The thin sheet was soggy from the snow. “FREE PUPPIES,” was written on the paper. You glanced back at the box to see all six of the puppies staring at you. They looked so cute and you felt bad that they were stuck in a flimsy box in the middle of winter with nothing but the fur on their backs. 

                “Taking care of six puppies wouldn't be that hard, right?” You smiled to the puppies and they barked at you, as if they were talking back to you. Standing back up, you bent down and picked up the box. With the box tightly in your arms, you continued on your way to your apartment. 

~

                You arrived back into your apartment and once you were settled inside, you set down the box on the floor in your living room. The puppies tried to jump out from the box, but a few were too small to jump out on their own. You helped them out and as soon as their paws hit the floor, they began running around, exploring around your home. 

                One of the puppies that had quite long hair hopped into your lap and got comfortable by lying down. You petted his back. You thought about that you should probably start thinking about names for each one.

                “You can be Shaggy, because you have long such long fur,” you said to the one that just had fallen asleep in your lap. You looked around to find the other dogs and spotted one that had jumped onto your couch. He sat on it proud, looking like he was a king of a castle. "And you," you pointed him and he looked at you, “can be King.”

                The light furred puppy had jumped up onto the window sill and was looking out the window. You could see the snow still falling outside and his light fur reminded you of the snow. “You on the window; you're Flaky.” Flaky turned his head towards you as you said that.

                Another one of the puppies that had a light brown coat of fur came up to you and lay down next to your thigh. You his fur and you noticed that it somewhat had a wave to it. “You're now Noodle.”

                One of the darker furred dogs was sniffing around. For some reason, he felt like a Rex, so you decided to name him Rex.

                All of a sudden, there was a crash, causing Shaggy to jump up from your lap. You stood up and rushed towards the scene. The last puppy had managed to knock over the box of powdered laundry detergent. The white powder covered the puppy and the floor. “And you, you can be Detergent. Just because.”

                Detergent shook off all the powder that he could and ran away from the scene. Powder that had been still sticking to his fur fell to the ground with each of his steps. You then sighed, a little annoyed that you had to clean up the detergent. You then got the broom and dust pan and cleaned up the mess.

                Once it was all cleaned up, you treaded back into the living room where all the puppies were. They noticed your arrival and began to whine at you. You wondered why they started to whine but then thought that maybe they were hungry. You had no idea when was the last time they were fed. You remembered that one of the families that lived on the same floor as you owned a dog, so you left to go borrow some dog food, despite the time. You threw on your coat and a pair of shoes and left your apartment with hope that the puppies didn’t destroy your house while you were gone.

                You came back nothing was broken. The house looked as how it always did. You found all six puppies sitting next to each other in the middle of the floor in the kitchen. You gave them a looking that basically said ‘you better have behaved’. And then you grabbed some bowls from the cabinets and poured the dog food into them. You then set the bowls down on the floor and the dogs ran to the bowls and began to chow down on the food. You got a couple more bowls and poured some water into them and set them down near the other bowls.

                You checked the clock and you noticed how late it was getting. You decided that you should start getting ready for bed. You figured you could get ready for bed while the puppies ate and that’s what you did. And by the time you were done, they were walking around the apartment and you could see that they were sleepy after eating. They were practically bumping into each other. You clapped your hands to get their attention. The six puppies sleepily looked into your direction and Noodles showed you a big yawn that showed all of his canine teeth and the noise he made with it was so cute.

                “Let’s go to bed,” you told them and they barked at you like they were agreeing.

                You entered your bedroom with the six puppies practically at your heels. They managed to jump onto your bed (some with your help), and you got in with them. You snuggled under the blankets and the puppies curled into balls next to you.

                “Good night puppies,” you yawned and then drifted off to sleep.