three

FREE PUPPIES

            You didn’t have work, so you were able to stay home and get to know the six of them. You tried to guess who was what puppy, and you were able to guess them all right. (Thanks to their different hair styles that matched with the fur of the puppies.) Rome was King, Kangjun was Rex, T.K was Flaky, Ray was Shaggy, Maru was Detergent, and Siwoo was Noodle.

            “Okay,” you started, tucking a lock of your hair behind you ear, “first things first: let’s get you some clothes. I doubt you guys want wear girl clothes any longer.”

            The six boys agreed and it was decided that you’d go clothes shopping for them. You got their clothes and shoes sizes, and you got ready to leave. You thought it would be better to go by yourself because you figured they wouldn't want to go out in public wearing clothes for women, especially since your clothes didn't fit them right and were snug on them. And you tried to not think of the fact that they were totally going to stretch them out and ruin them…especially because Rome had picked out your favorite shirt.

            Finishing getting ready by slipping on your shoes, you told the six boys to watch the house and make sure not to damage anything. “And if anyone calls or rings the door bell, ignore it. Try to be quiet or at least pretend to be your puppy selves, so the neighbors don't get suspicious. And remember: no leaving the apartment.” You didn't want to have to go through the trouble to try to explain to everyone why there were six boys living in your apartment with you. It would be a lot easier to tell a story about six puppies rather than six boys.

            “Yes, ma’am!” They said all at once and saluted you. How they timed that, you had no idea and didn’t even want to think about it.

            “If you get hungry, feel free to make food but don’t burn down the apartment. If you don’t know how to cook, don’t. If you can wait for me to come back, I’ll bring home some groceries and make food. It shouldn’t take me too long to pick out clothes for you. I’m a quick when it comes to shopping.” You finished your lecture of rules and left the boys to go to the mall.

            It took a little less than 30 minutes to reach the mall. Because it was a weekend, it was packed with people. You hoped it wouldn’t take too long to shop because you didn’t know how well the boys will listen and you didn’t know if you’d end up going home to a giant mess (especially in the kitchen if they were going to attempt to cook something). Thinking about how you didn’t know them too well made you realize you must have been crazy for letting strangers stay in your home. But then again, what else could you have done? It was winter and obviously they didn’t have a home and you’d feel bad kicking them out in the cold.

            Walking around, you looked at all different stores that were at the mall. You had no clue where to start because you didn’t know why types of clothes each of them liked. You didn’t want to buy something and have them absolutely hate it and refuse to wear it. They better not be like that. After all, you were the nice one! You’re willing to let them have your roof over their head and let them eat your food and hell, buy them clothes! They should be grateful even if you picked out the ugliest outfit! They seemed nice and polite so far so you figured they would accept anything you gave them.

            You decided to buy them at least two outfits and a pair of shoes each. Clothes were expensive and you weren’t that rich. You knew after this shopping adventure, you’d be probably be maxing out at least one of your credit cards. Sighing to yourself at that thought, you entered one of the clothing stores that you knew were on the cheaper side but had trendy clothes.

            You browsed through the male side and as you looked at each different shirt, you tried to picture each boy in the shirts to see if maybe you could guess if the clothes would look good on them. The result was successful because they were all good looking boys and it seemed to you that they’d look good in anything you dressed them in. So, you grabbed whatever and headed to the pants section. The pants were a little easier to pick out. And soon your arms were filled with 12 different sets of clothes. You headed to the checkout counter and mentally cried as there was a little bit of a long line. You wished this clothing store had baskets like grocery stores did.

            After some time, it was finally your turn to be rung out. The cashier asked if you found everything okay and you politely answered them with a yes. They told the total and you could practically hear your credit card cry as you handed it to them. You signed their receipt paper and then you were done with buying clothes. Now it time to buy shoes.

            The shoes were the easiest to pick out but of course they were the most expensive. After buying them, you were afraid to even look at the bill of your credit card for the month. You had a hint now, but you had used it a few times before, and the items you had bought with it, weren’t on the cheap side…

            While you were walking out of the mall, you were silently wishing you had brought one of the boys to help you carry everything. You had two large bags filled with the clothes and a giant bag with the shoes shoved in it. You were glad you were smart enough to tell them you didn’t need the boxes. You definitely would be dead trying to carry six boxes of shoes when you went home. Now was the time when you really wished you had a car. The struggle was real.

            Somehow you managed to get home carrying everything but your arms and hands were killing you from having the handles of the heavy bags. You were sure they were red. Now, your current problem was trying to get your keys out of your purse to unlock the door. You had to result in setting the bags on the floor to retrieve your keys. You unlocked and opened the door, picking up the bags off of the ground.

            “I’m home,” you exclaimed when you kicked off your shoes. The sounds of feet rushing towards you echoed around and soon Rome was standing there, ready to take the bags from your aching hands.

            “Here, I’ll help,” he said and took the bags from you.

            “Oh, thanks,” you replied and turned to close the door. Once, you were done with that, Rome already disappeared and you figured him and the other five boys wanted to get changed out of your clothes as soon as possible.

            In the meantime, you strolled around your apartment to see if there were any disasters. There wasn’t anything wrong. It didn’t even look like anything was even really touched.

            You reached your bedroom and you heard them talking to one another. What they were talking about, you couldn’t make out. You knocked on the door, asking if it was okay for you come in. Barging in was a bad idea, you knew, in case they were in the middle of changing and you weren’t that dense to not think about it, especially since you bought them clothes.

            Someone gave you the okay, and you opened the door. They were already changed and all your clothes were thrown on the floor. But you didn’t think too much about that since something else caught your attention. They all had uncomfortable expressions on their faces.

            “What’s wrong? Do you not like them or something?”

            “It’s not that,” Siwoo started but trailed off, glanced at the others. They all seemed too nervous to tell you what was wrong.

            “You can tell me,” you encouraged, thinking that saying that will help them speak up.

            Rome coughed and explained. “Um, you didn’t get us any, uh, underwear…”

            “Oh…,” was all you could muster up as you were embarrassed. It wasn’t over the fact that it was underwear, but because you didn’t even think about it. You thought that it would have been obvious because if they didn’t have clothes, then obviously they wouldn’t have underwear…and that also reminded you that you didn’t even think to buy socks, either. Hell, you didn’t even think of pajamas! Wait, they didn’t even need pajamas because at night they turn into puppies…or did they still need them? You didn’t know.

            “So…” You were snapped out of your thoughts.

            “Well, I can go back out and buy you some…”

            “Can we come this time?” T.K asked, giving you this cute face, trying to persuade you into saying yes. You guess it couldn’t hurt, plus it got them out of the house.

            “Sure, why not,” you agreed and they cheered excitedly. “But while we are out, you have to listen to me and you can’t run out of my sight in case any of you were to get lost.”

            You sighed when you noticed they weren’t even listening to you anymore. And then another important thing popped into your head that you had forgotten…food. These poor boys must be so hungry. You knew you didn’t have a lot of food and you didn’t even check to see if they ate anything while you were gone. So, if they were going with you, they could help you carry back the bags of groceries. After all, they were growing boys so they must eat a lot. Thinking about that now, you realized taking in these six boys would cost you so much money. Why didn’t you think of that earlier? Maybe you were too nice for your own good.

            “Alright let’s go,” you announced when you couldn’t think about expenses for them anymore.

            The boys calmed down and were about to leave with you after their new shoes were put on. But there was one problem: they didn’t have coats and it was winter. Maybe you should have gotten them coats instead of the second outfit. No, it was good that you got them two different outfits. You were sure that they’d most likely feel gross wearing the same set of clothes every day, whether you washed them or not. You knew that you would be.

            “Hold on.” You scoot past them to get to your mini coat closet, going through the coats you had. In the back of the closet you had multiple coats that were too big for you and were neutral colors. Seeing them made you remember the reason you bought them, which was that for a while you pretended that you had a ‘secret boyfriend’ to your friends so they’d stop bugging you about going on dates or group dates and whatnot. And what your plan was to buy a bunch of coats that you could pretend were your boyfriend’s that you stole to wear. How convenient it was that you still had them. You pulled out six of the eight that you had (yes, you went that crazy), and gave each boy a jacket.

            “You all can have these jackets along with your clothes. I don’t wear those anymore, and now you’ll be warm when we go outside.”

            They put their jackets on and it seemed to you that they all fit them fine, not too small or too majorly huge. Good, good, now all seven of you could go leave for the store and hopefully be done with spending money for the rest of the day.  


finally!! chapter three!!! this would have been so much longer because i kept on going and going but then i got sick of writing so i decided to cut it down and post this much to show that i am working on it.

but now i gotta go to bed because busy day at work tomorrow and im tired from working too much and forever busy.