two

FREE PUPPIES

chapter two edited! i added a few new sentences but the whole chapter didn't change a lot. btw the park hyungjun is hyungjun from shu-i. at the time when i originally wrote this, i was claiming him as my kpop husband so yeah. so yes, park hyungseok will be making appearances in this too bc they're bros. aka! and when hyungjun had red hair!


                The next morning, you sat up and stretched your arms over your head after you woke up. Your eyes opened slowly as you lowered your arms down to your sides. You blinked in surprise at the scene in front of you. A few boys, without any clothes on might you add, were sleeping with you on your bed. One of them was practically hanging off the side of the bed, ready to fall to the floor.

                ‘This has to be a dream,’ you thought and pinched yourself. It hurt. That could only mean that what was happening right now was reality. Your only reaction was to scream really loudly.

                Your scream caused the three boys to wake up. The one, who was on the edge of the bed, fell to the carpeted floor. Three new heads came into view as they sat up from their positions on the floor. The sight of six boys was too much for you and you quickly covered your eyes.

                “Um, hi.” You peeked through your fingers to see one of the boys’ faces right in front of yours. He had a lighter shade of brown hair. He was still…well, . You squeaked, squeezed your eyes closed, and pushed him away from you.

                “Put some clothes on! All of you!”

                “But we don’t have any clothes,” one of them replied back.

                “Then wear some of my clothes! In the closet.” You pointed in the direction to your closet. You heard the opening of the closet and them going through your different clothes.

                Minutes later, they gave you an okay, saying that they were fully dressed and you could look. Your eyes opened and you looked at each and every one of them. The six of them were very handsome, but they looked silly wearing women’s clothing. You had to hold in your laughter at the sight of them.

                Shoving the blankets off your lower body, you slid off the bed and walked up the boys.

                “Okay, first of all, who are you?” They began listing their names. The one that was in your face earlier was Rome. The next one with blond hair with the sides of his head shaved was T.K. Next with wavy light brown colored hair was Siwoo. The curly darker haired boy was Maru. And the last two dark haired boys were Kangjun and Ray. Ray had longer hair than Kangjun, which covered his eyes. You wondered if it was hard to see with a hairstyle like that. But that wasn’t important right now.

                “Now, why are you in my bedroom, and especially why were you ?” Your eyebrow raised and your arms were folded across your chest as you waited for their answer.

                “Well, those puppies you took in last night,” Rome started but then hesitated to continue. He looked over at the others to maybe see if he should continue talking.

                But speaking of the puppies, they were nowhere in sight. Your bedroom door was closed so they couldn’t have left the room. And they couldn’t be under your bed because you had many boxes underneath it, making it hard for any puppies, especially six, to fit under there. Wait a second... A thought formed into your mind. You tilted your head to the side and wore an expression like you were trying to figure out something. There were six puppies and there were six boys. Their hair colors matched the color of the fur of the puppies. They couldn’t be…

                “We’re them,” Kangjun finished for Rome, concluding what you were thinking to be true.

                “Wait, wait, wait.” You waved your hand back and forth in disbelief. “How can humans turn into puppies?”

                “We’re cursed,” Siwoo stated simply.

                “Cursed? As in cursed with magic or something?” They nodded. What they were telling you was completely ridiculous, and you were having a hard time believing them. Magic wasn’t real. But at the same time, it was possible because you started with having six puppies that are nowhere in sight and ended with six boys who strangely resembled each puppy.

                Before you could say anything else, your door bell rang.

                “Wait in here,” you ordered and left your bedroom to answer the door. Standing there was the neighbor to the left of your apartment. Park Hyungjun was his name and he was only a few years older than you were. Honestly, you could say you had a slight crush on him. He was handsome and he could really pull off his recently dyed red hair.

                “Hey, just wanted to make sure you were alright. I heard you scream earlier.”

                “Oh, that…um I…” You paused, trying to think of an excuse to tell Hyungjun about while you were screaming. You couldn’t possibly tell him that you found six boys in your bedroom. “I woke up to one of my puppies peeing in my bed.”

                “Puppies?” An adorable smile grew on his face. “You got puppies?”

                You mirrored his smile. To you, that smile of his was contagious and every time he flashed his pearly white teeth, you couldn’t help but do the same.

                “Yeah, six of them. I found them last night abandoned.”

                “Wow, that’s a lot. You know, if you ever need to give some away because you can’t handle that many, I can take one off your hands. I love dogs.”

                Nervously, you scratched at your elbow. Doing that was one of your annoying nervous habits. “I’m sure I can handle it. Thanks though.”

                Faintly, you heard a voice call, “hyung! Hurry up!” Hyungjun’s head turned to left, and he yelled an ‘okay’ back.

                “Sorry, that was my brother. I need to go now. Glad to know you’re okay,” cue another smile at you, “and maybe sometime you can show me those puppies.”

                “Yeah, maybe.”

                You both said your goodbyes, and you closed the door with a sigh. You turned around and headed back into the bedroom.

                At least you found out they were good listeners. They obeyed you by staying in your bedroom, and luckily they were even quiet. They didn’t make any loud commotions while you were talking to Hyungjun. That would have been embarrassing if they had.

                “Okay,” you started as you entered the room. “What am I supposed to do with you boys? Shouldn’t you be at your own homes with your family? You seem to be too young to be on your own, cursed or not.”

                They looked at each other, wondering what to say, but Maru took the job to tell you. “We don’t have homes here. That’s why we were in the box when you found us.”

                “’Here’? What do you mean by ‘here’? Do you’re all from a different country?” You sat next to Rome who sat on your bed along with T.K. Kangjun sat on your desk chair and the rest were scattered on the floor.

                “No, not a different country,” Maru continued to explain, “but a different world.”

                Rome took the next part in explaining how originally they were from a different world where magic and mythical things existed. They six of them were all friends in that world, and one night (technically last night) they managed to make a witch angry with them. The witch then cursed the six of them by making them turn into puppies by moonlight and turn back into their human selves during sunlight. That was only the first part of the curse, the second part of the curse was that the witch took them into a different world (yours) and left them in their puppy forms in a box with a sign that read ‘FREE PUPPIES.’ A little after all of that, you had found them and took them in.

                Once Rome was done explaining, you stayed silent, trying to digest everything that was just said to you. It was surreal to you on how there were multiple worlds and dimensions apart from the one you lived in, but it fascinating at the same time.

                “I guess that means you’re all in my care.”

                All six of them gave you a smile, and strangely all at the same time they stood straight up and said, “please take good care of us,” with a bow.