Buddy System

The Sapphire Club

 

Chapter 7. 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun groaned when the first signs of light sneakily entered through their curtained window. The boy wanted to flip over and adjust his body so that he would be lying face down on his sweet, sweet mattress, but the dull aches on every inch of his body prevented him from doing so. The boy didn’t even have the willpower to use his talent to move the curtains.

 

 

He groaned once more.

 

 

“Kyuhyun, shut up,” mumbled Kibum from his corner of the room. The technopath’s eyelids remained closed, but the tightness in the boy’s expression looked very far from relaxed. The boy’s lip was turned downward into a grimace. “I’m trying to sleep here.”

 

 

“I don’t want to go to class,” whined Kyuhyun.

 

 

“Then don’t.”

 

 

“I want to get good grades.”

 

 

“Then go.” Kibum said louder, his voice sounding closer to a growl. His body was aching, too, but was he complaining? All the boy wanted to do was sleep away the remaining hours till he had to rise for classes.

 

 

“Wow, touchy,” Kyuhyun muttered under his breath. “My whole body hurts.”

 

 

“Then you decide what you want to do.”

 

 

“Kibum, you’re supposed to be my friend, my brother, my advisor in life, the person I turn you when I’m at a crossroad!”

 

 

“Kyuhyun.  Shut. Up.”

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

“What are you doing awake?” Henry asked from under his blanket. The ruffling of blankets and pillows, and the sound of footsteps from the edge of the room to the other had woken the boy. He glanced at the alarm clock hanging down on the wall and his eyes widened. “Ryeowook, it’s 5am.”

 

 

“Yes, and we have classes at 7am.” Ryeowook snorted from his position behind the work desk. He was shuffling and reading through some papers before Henry had interrupted him. The healer didn’t mention to his friend that he hadn’t slept at all that night. The emotional stress from the assessment test had him recalling times he didn’t want to remember; and then his thoughts always returned to the talk he needed to get done with his three friends. He opted to keep his mind busy with cleaning and arranging things around the room. When he got tired of that, the healer decided that he should redo his homework three or five times.               

 

 

“Don’t remind me.” Henry let out a groan and rolled to the edge of his bed. He removed the blanket from over his head and blinked a few times, letting his eyes adjust. The dim light of sunrise was starting to peak into their room. Henry soon lifted himself up to a sitting position and stretched out his arms. He was too awake to fall back asleep now. He glanced over to his friend and rolled his eyes. “Really, you’re doing homework?”  

 

 

“I do care about my grades, you know.”

 

 

“Didn’t you do it last night?”

 

 

“Haven’t you heard of double-checking?”

 

 

Henry chose to ignore that question. He then noticed that cleanly state the room was in. There weren’t any more snack wrappers or used clothes lying on the floor which, by the way, was all Henry’s mess. “What happened to our room?”

 

 

“What do you think happened to it?”

 

 

“Stop answering my questions with questions!”

 

 

“Why should I?”

 

 

 “Gah!”

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Kyuhyun, after much mental deliberation, decided that he was to -it-up and go to class which Kibum, in those exact words, advised him to do. He grumbled endlessly when he showered, brushed his teeth, and picked clothes to wear. He was just about to put on a shirt when he heard a knock on the door.

 

 

“Answer it, Kyuhyun,” Kibum called out from inside their room’s personal bathroom. Kyuhyun vaguely heard the sound of the shower coming to a halt.

 

 

“I know!” Kyuhyun scowled and then added a grumble of complaint for good measure. The telekinetic hastily put on his crumpled, red t-shirt and rushed to the door.

 

 

“Good morning,” Henry greeted cheerfully. The boy was wearing a black long sleeved shirt with a gray hood, and a pair of gray jeans. He had his backpack slung loosely from his shoulder. Without a second thought, Henry pushed into the room past a puzzled Kyuhyun. He unceremoniously threw his backpack on the work desk and proceeded to sprawl himself over the bed.

 

 

“Sorry about him,” said Ryeowook with a sigh. The healer was wearing a plain two layered, navy blue and white shirt with a pair of black pants. Cradled to his chest were three thick textbooks, and strapped to this side was a brown messenger bag.

 

 

“Kyuhyun, why aren’t you letting Ryeowook in?” The sudden voice of Kibum asked. Kyuhyun turned around and wondered when the boy came out of the bathroom. He then noted that Kibum was already dressed in a maroon buttoned-down shirt and black slacks.

 

 

The telekinetic let out a sheepish chuckle before moving aside and gesturing Ryeowook to come in. Once they were all seated comfortably, Kyuhyun asked their two guests, “So, what brings you to our humble abode?”   

 

 

“Henry tells me you guys are in need of my talent?” Ryeowook spoke calmly despite his growing nervousness. Did they want to talk about what happened…?

 

 

“What?” Both Kyuhyun and Kibum asked in unison. They don’t remember calling Henry about their body aches or anything of that sort. Though, once Kyuhyun thought about it, it would be really nice if Ryeowook could heal the aches away. The telekinetic decided to speak before Kibum could deny the claim, “Yeah, I don’t know about Kibum, but I’m really sore from what we did yesterday.”

 

 

A loud string of laughter reverberated around the room. “S-sorry,” said Henry in between his bouts laughter. “It just sounded so-so –” The boy was clutching his stomach as he gasped for air, crystal tears were actually starting to form in the corners of the boy’s eyes.

 

 

Kyuhyun frowned. “What’s so funny?”   

 

 

“Henry is an idiot,” came Ryeowook’s muffled voice as he swatted Henry with his left hand. The healer had his other hand placed on front of his mouth trying to hide his expression, but Kyuhyun could still see the slight smirk on the healer’s face.

 

 

Kyuhyun turned around to face the only person left in the room who he knew would know what the hell is going on. “Kibum?”

 

 

The telepath stayed rooted on his spot, but he had his mouth gaping open and then closed and then open again. The telepath couldn’t utter a word. Then all at once, Kibum’s face was immediately drained of all its color and replaced with a deep shade of red; the telepath, at that point, had whipped out the closest thing next to him (which was a desk lamp) and promptly threw it at the laughing boy. “Henry,” he seethed.

 

 

Henry at that moment, buckled over in laughter, and missed the projectile by an inch. “L-lucky,” he commented, still under a laughing spell.

 

 

“Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?”

 

 

“Okay, okay. That’s enough Henry,” said Ryeowook, finally deciding that he should interfere. He gave their resident lucky boy a good whack or two or three in the gut with a pillow.

 

 

“Okay, I give. I give!”    

 

 

Ryeowook nodded in return, but gave Henry one last whack for good measure. The healer then picked up the poor lamp from the bed and neatly placed it back where it belonged on the side table next to Kibum’s bed. His eyes quickly scanned the contents on the table then the healer froze for a split second as he took in the photograph sitting on the counter. That’s…x…mas…!

 

 

“Nobody is going to tell me what was so damn funny?”

 

 

“It’s not really funny,” said Kibum evasively.

 

 

“What are you looking at, Ryeowook,” asked Henry as he scooted over to where his friend stood. He glanced over the side table. His eyes finally rested upon the picture frame. In a swift motion, he took the frame from the table into his hands. “Hey, who’s this?”

 

 

Before Henry knew it, the picture was swiped from his hands. He looked up and saw that the person now holding the picture was Kibum. The technopath quickly scanned the photograph for any nicks or scratches before settling it back down into the desk. “That’s my brother, Jungmo-hyung. He used to attend this school a few years back,” said Kibum.

 

 

Henry wasn’t sure if he misheard the tone, but he thought Kibum sounded almost…sad.

 

 

“Your brother,” Ryeowook echoed in a hoarse whisper.  

 

 

What, thought Henry. He glanced from Kibum to Ryeowook, and then to the picture resting on the bedside table. He had no idea what was going through his two friends’ minds, but the silence that had suddenly taken over the room was suffocating.

 

 

“I’m not really going to find out what’s so funny, am I?”

 

 

“Let’s get down to the real reason Ryeowook and I are here!”

 

 

Kyuhyun and Henry looked at each other before laughing in unison. They both decided, at that same time, to lighten up the tension in the atmosphere. Those two were more attuned with their other two friends’ emotions than they thought.

 

 

“I don’t think you’ll ever find out, Kyuhyun,” said Ryeowook amusedly as he tore his gaze away from the picture frame. He gave Kibum a playful nudge, and was satisfied when Kibum’s face flushed in embarrassment.

 

 

Huh, Henry mused, so Ryeowook was also aware of Kibum’s change in atmosphere. “So no one’s going to ask me why I am here,” said Henry with a pout as he grabbed for his backpack on the study desk.

 

 

“Alright,” started Kibum with a curious smile, “what are you doing here?”

 

 

Before Henry could reply, Kyuhyun’s voice cut through. “, we have five minutes till class starts!”  

 

 

“Kyuhyun,” said Henry.

 

 

“Oh God, gym is all the way on the other side of campus.”

 

 

“Kyuhyun.”

 

 

“You know what coach will let us do when we’re late, right?”

 

 

“Kyuhyun.”

 

 

“Laps! I cannot do laps righ—“

 

 

“Kyuhyun!”

 

 

“What, Henry,” asked Kyuhyun impatiently. “If you have something to say, hurry it up! We have gym!”

 

 

“We’re not going to class today, Kyuhyun,” said Ryeowook from his position near the doorway. When he got there, Kyuhyun did not know. What Kyuhyun did know is that a small click reverberated around the room walls. The sound of a door locking. “We don’t want anyone interrupting us,” Ryeowook continued with a smirk.

 

 

“What’s going on guys,” asked Kibum.

 

 

“We’re skipping classes today,” said Henry in a matter-of-fact tone. The boy had ped his bag and started unpacking the contents inside. From his bag, he took out four big bags of chips; two jars of dip; four large bottles of soda; and six bars of chocolate.

 

 

“What?!”

 

 

“We need to celebrate our acceptance into the club,” hummed Henry. “So, what do you guys feel like eating first? Sour-cream and onion flavor, or barbecue flavor?”

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

It has been two uneventful days after their ‘assessment test’ and one day since they skipped classes when Ryeowook invited Kyuhyun and Kibum to his and Henry’s dorm room that night. The technopath and telepath sent an inquisitive glance in Henry’s direction. The boy in question replied with a raise of an eyebrow and a shrug of his shoulders. Though, Henry had a small idea of what Ryeowook wanted to discus with them.

 

 

Kyuhyun found a seat on the corner of Henry’s bed. Henry was seated comfortably at the center, cross-legged with a pillow resting on his lap. Kibum sat on the desk chair adjacent to Henry’s bed. He was resting his chin on his hand. Ryeowook stood by the threshold before he closed the door with a soft click – prolonging it as slow as possible.

 

 

“Aren’t you guys going to ask me what the other day was all about?” Ryeowook looked down hesitantly as he spoke. He scuffled his sneakers and observed the alternating black and white tiles on the ground. Why am I so nervous? I’m just telling them about my talent.

 

 

The three other boys just titled their heads to the side in contemplation and mock confusion. They knew what Ryeowook was referring, too. A moment of silence blanketed over the room.

 

 

A grin broke free from Henry’s quiet expression and soon smiles appeared on Kyuhyun and Kibum’s faces. “We were waiting for you to initiate the conversation.”

 

 

Henry saw the bewilderment shine through Ryeowook’s eyes and continued to explain. “Remember you said you’ll tell us about it later? We just weren’t sure when you meant by later.”

 

 

Another terse silence filled the room. Ryeowook remained silent for a moment with a thoughtful expression. It was a few seconds before he spoke again, “It’s another part of my talent.” Ryeowook then explained to the trio about his ‘offense’ with subtle hand gestures. He omitted the tiny detail of inflicting the wound on his person. They didn’t need to know about that.

 

 

“What about your blood theory?” Kibum asked.

 

 

“Like I said before, it’s a new development in my talent,” Ryeowood said with a wry smile. “I wanted to see if there was another way to inflict wounds on people without having to touch them directly.” The healer closed his eyes for a fleeting moment as he clenched his fists. He remained quiet until his fists relaxed and then he spoke again. “It was an idea that someone had a long time ago.”

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

“Kyunnie, I heard how excellent you were in the test,” praised Sungmin with a beaming smile.

 

 

The quartet was in the gym past their original class time due to their skipping adventure last class. Somehow, their teacher knew the four weren’t really sick. (“Maybe he has a talent, too?” Henry suggested. Kibum and Kyuhyun were actually considering the idea. Ryeowook rolled his eyes and said, “It’s pretty obvious we skipped. All four of us, friends, missing class? Common’ guys.”). So, the four were ordered by the teacher to remain after class for the next week to clean the gym floors. And it so happened, the next class was for the upperclassmen.

 

 

Kyuhyun laughed sheepishly, barely articulating a ‘thank you.’ He shifted his weight so that he would lean on the broom he was holding – hoping he would emulate the ‘cool’ look. Things didn’t go as wanted: the telekinetic almost lost balance as the broom slipped on the smooth flooring. Kyuhyun was able to right himself with the small help of his talent.

 

 

Kibum just rolled his eyes in the background and whispered a condescending, “smooth,” under his breath. Ryeowook and Henry both patted his shoulders in sympathy.

 

 

“Don’t worry, Kibum,” Henry said gently before snickering. “You’ll get your chance to almost land on your in the future.”

 

 

Kibum decided his best option was to ignore him.

 

 

“Where were you during the tests?” Kyuhyun asked and was silently praising himself for forming a coherent sentence. He was oblivious to what was going on behind him.

 

 

Sungmin’s grin never left his face. He rested a hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. The upperclassman’s grin only stretched wider as he noticed, with amusement, his gesture caused the telekinetic to blush red. “Siwon and I were out on a mission.” He then addressed the quartet as a whole, “You four will see what it’s all about soon!”

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Sungmin’s words were prophetic for later that day, the quartet noticed the familiar sapphire –colored paper pinned to the bulletin board in front of their usual table in the cafeteria.

 

 

Kibum took the paper down and continued to read the contents aloud. “There is a meeting after school – sharp. Location: Club Room.”

 

 

“The lack of words is still the same as ever, I see,” commented Ryeowook.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

The quartet was just feet away from their destination when Henry was accidently knocked into by a familiar face. “Lightning guy!” He yelped out loud.

 

 

The boy in question just threw himself up from the ground without a word of apology before he started sprinting for the clubroom door. He yelled triumphantly, “I win!”

 

 

Everything clicked into place when the quartet noticed another boy down the hall running in their direction. It was Eunhyuk. The boy was panting loudly before he slowly came to a stop. He glanced at the door to Donghae and then back at the door. He let out a huff before mumbling a string of words. The quartet couldn’t make out the words, but looking at the electrokinetic’s pleased face, it must have been about a bet.

 

 

Donghae soon walked from his place in front of the door to where Henry was standing and sincerely apologized for bumping into him.

 

 

“It’s oka—“ was Henry’s reply before he was interrupted by Eunhyuk’s yelled statement of, “Aha! I WIN!”

 

 

Donghae quickly turned around and saw that Eunhyuk was now standing in the space in front of the door he occupied before except Eunhyuk had the door opened and hand one foot placed on the other side.

 

 

Donghae’s mouth opened to protest, “You did not win! The bet was whoever reached the door first!”

 

 

“It wasn’t!”

 

 

“It was!”

 

 

“It wasn’t!”

 

 

“It was, and you’re just jealous so you spout lies!”

 

 

“Nu-uh!”

 

 

“Ya-huh!”

 

 

“Nu-uh!”

 

 

“Ya-huh!”

 

 

“Enough!” yelled a disembodied voice. It took a second longer for it to register the occupants outside that the voice came from inside the clubroom. The door was still kept open because of Eunhyuk.

 

 

The yell was effective though as the formerly quarreling pair went quiet with both their faces flushing red with embarrassment. It was Eunhyuk who spoke first, “We’ll settle this later!” He then promptly entered the room afterwards.

 

 

“Sorry ‘bout that!” Donghae said to the quartet after a few seconds of sticking his tongue out at the retreating form of his friend.

 

 

“Do you two always fight?”

 

 

“We don’t fight! Eunhyuk is just a sore-loser baby!” Donghae said sharply and emphasized his claim by crossing his arms in front of his chest.

 

 

“Yeah, I think you won anyway,” said Henry as he tried to ease the other boy back into a friendly camaraderie. Henry sighed in relief as Donghae took his bait. The upperclassman’s face broke into a huge grin.

 

 

“So,” started Kibum trying to squeeze in a question while the boy was still pleased. “Do you know what this meeting is all about?”

 

 

Donghae’s grin only widened at the question, showcasing a perfect set of teeth. “Buddy system,” he said eagerly and quickly.

 

 

“Buddy. . . System?” Ryeowook sounded out the words on his lips. He had an odd feeling about this.

 

 

“You’ll enjoy it. Or I hope you will!” Donghae answered vaguely before entering the club room.

 

 

The quartet glanced nervously at each other. Their upperclassman’s words of encouragement didn’t uplift their spirits at all. They sighed collectively before following Donghae’s example and entered the room.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

When the quartet entered the room, they didn’t feel as dreadful as they did last the last since they are no longer walking into the ‘unknown.’ They have been making friends with most of their upperclassmen namely Shindong, Zhou Mi, and Hangeng who upon entering greeted them with wholehearted smiles.

 

 

“Hey, youngins,” said Shindong playfully.

 

 

“Good afternoon, Henry, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, and Kibum!” was Zhou Mi’s wordy greeting.

 

 

“How are you all doing,” asked Hangeng with a sincere smile.

 

 

“Hey there, gorgeous!” and a greeting of “Hi, Kyunnie!” were both said in tandem.

 

 

Kibum narrowed his eyes into slits. Some of the Sapphire Club members were still seen as a ‘threat.’ Kibum’s vision was suddenly blocked by a certain dark-skinned man. At the corner of his eyes, he could see the same happened to Kyuhyun except with Sungmin.

 

 

“I missed you,” said Yesung with an easygoing smile. He was feeling daring so he reached for Kibum’s hand, but Kibum had pulled it away from his grasp. “Aw, don’t play hard to get, babe!” The smile was still ever present on Yesung’s face.

 

 

Kibum could feel the veins throbbing in his head. The upperclassman was starting to get on his nerves. The future-seer had been leaving him gifts in all of his classes. He didn’t like explaining to his teachers why there suddenly were pictures of the upperclassman taped to chocolate littered on their floors.

 

 

“Don’t play easy to punch in the face,” muttered Kibum with a cold smile. He then expertly maneuvered himself away from the future-seeing boy and headed in Kyuhyun’s direction – who was happily chatting away with Sungmin.

 

 

He took hold of Kyuhyun’s arms and motioned him to the array of seats far away from Sungmin. “We need to get seated Kyuhyun.”

 

 

Kibum could just feel the smirks coming from Ryeowook and Henry. The technopath was cornered by the healer and their luck-generator (“I don’t like that nickname,” said Henry with distaste.) earlier advising him to take the initiative whenever Kyuhyun was ‘whisked away’ by the upperclassman.

 

 

“Talk to you later,” said Kyuhyun to Sungmin before he allowed himself to be pushed by Kibum.

 

 

“Bye, Kyunnie.”

 

 

Kibum didn’t know what possessed him to turn around to face the upperclassman but he did. Sungmin wasn’t looking at Kyuhyun, but was looking straight in Kibum’s eyes as he said his goodbye. The upperclassman had a knowing glint in his eyes and was sporting a barely visible smirk. It was faint, but it was still there.

 

 

“Talk to you later, too, Kibum.”

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

That son of a , thought Kibum. Sungmin had thrown down the gauntlet. He had drawn out his daggers. Sungmin knew. Somehow the upperclassman found out about his feelings for Kyuhyun and was actually challenging him for it. That son of a .

 

 

Before Kibum could sink further into the depths of Sungmin-loathing, the last three members walked in through the door.

 

 

“Sorry for being late,” said Leeteuk quickly. Following behind him were Heechul and another student the quartet was never acquainted with. The other student was very good-looking; although his raven hair fell in a messy pattern, it still suited the man perfectly. Hell, anything will look good on this man. He gave off an air of nobility in the way he held himself and excluded charm.

 

 

“Good Afternoon,” the good-looking man greeted with a dimpled smile. “My name is Siwon. It’s nice to meet you four.”

 

 

“Sungmin,” Leeteuk called out.

 

 

“They already know me, but, hello! My name is Sungmin,” said Sungmin as he stood up from his desk.

 

 

“Why don’t you give them a demonstration of your abilities,” suggested Leeteuk to help the quartet feel more at ease around the two ‘strangers.’

 

 

“Oh, right!” Sungmin exclaimed, “I never was able to tell you four what I could do.” The upperclassman suddenly climbed on top of his desk. The quartet was the only ones who watched with interest, since everyone else was well acquainted with each other’s abilities. Sungmin jumped a few times to loosen his muscles before he jumped from the desk. Slowly, the upperclassman’s body morphed into a blur of white before the blur shrunk in shape. Landing where Sungmin should have landed was a white bunny.

 

 

“B-bunny,” whispered Kyuhyun before he dug his face into his hands in embarrassment. So, that means that bunny was him on that day, too. Oh god.

 

 

“Awesome!” Henry praised with a clap of his hands.

 

 

“Is that all you can turn into?” Kibum muttered under his breath.

 

 

As if on cue, the bunny morphed into an orange blur and in its place growled a six foot tall Bengal tiger. Desks were forcefully pushed away to accommodate the massive size of the tiger as it stalked around the room.

 

 

“Even more awesome!”

 

 

“That’s enough, Sungmin,” said Leeteuk. He nodded when the large tiger turned back into a boy. “Your turn, Siwon.”

 

 

“What should I do,” Siwon contemplated quietly. He glanced around the room for any subject to use his abilities on. He’s gaze finally rested on one of the textbooks sitting on one of the desks. “Look at this closely.” Siwon brought up the textbook cover for the first years to see. On the cover was a pair of baseball bats crossed together in the air. Below it lay an outfielder’s glove clutching a baseball.

 

 

Siwon brought the textbook back on the desk. He slowly hovered his hand over the cover, suddenly he plunged his hand into the book. The first years let their mouth open in shock. Siwon’s arm was reaching in deeper until it was up till his elbows. Henry looked below the desk and saw no arm beneath it.

 

 

“His-his arm is inside the book?” Henry thought aloud.

 

 

Slowly, Siwon retracted his arm. As he removed his arm from the book, his hand was clutching onto something. It was a baseball bat. He immediately casted the bat aside and brought his arm back into the image to bring out the glove and the ball. “Anyone care for a ball game?” He joked after he was done. He brought the textbook back in the air to show the first years as a comparison. The image was no longer the same. There was only one bat on the cover now. The other bat, the gloves, and the ball were missing.

 

 

“That’s crazy,” yelled Henry in amazement. Ryeowook, Kibum, and Kyuhyun only nodded in reply too astonished to say anything.

 

 

“If you think that’s crazy, wait till you see the wings.” said Shindong vaguely, leaving that statement out in the open for the first years to imagine.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Leeteuk let loose a satisfied smile when the quartet started talking animatedly with Siwon. They’re fitting in nicely. He hated to break it up, but they needed to discuss today’s business. The leader sent a look in Kangin’s direction advising him to start it off.

 

 

“First order of business,” said Kangin loudly. “I want you all to clear out your schedules for the entire weekend, and I’m not just talking to the first years.” He sent a look that demanded that no one complained.

 

 

“We’re going to switch around the partners,” he said in finality. This time he did here protests and grumbles from the members or from one member in particular.

 

 

“I am not giving Hannie away to anyone!”

 

 

“Calm down, Heechul,” said Leeteuk. He moved his attention to the first years. “Don’t worry, we hold this every year when we have new members. We’re just partnering you off with someone with abilities that would better suit your abilities.”

 

 

“Have you four ever heard of the ‘buddy system,’” asked Kangin with seriousness even though his question was a bit silly. “It’s technically the same thing. It’s made so no one is ever alone in a mission.”

 

 

As though he saw the unspoken question in the first years’ minds, Leeteuk said, “I know you guys probably want to be paired up together, but we need you to pair up with one of the higher years. They already have experience, so if you need any advice or questions, you could ask them.”

 

 

“Now, let’s begin with pairing off the first years,” said Kangin. He brought a binder from his backpack and handed the sheet of paper to Leeteuk.

 

 

“Ryeowook,” started Leeteuk as he sent an apologetic glance towards the healer’s direction. The healer was puzzled. Why would he apologize? “You are partnered with Heechul.”

 

 

“What!” Heechul abruptly stood up and yelled, “I already have a partner! You can’t take me away from Hangeng!”

 

 

“Don’t worry, kid,” said Kangin in a conspiratorial whisper to Ryeowook. “Although it sounds like the pairings are final, it’s actually just a test run. We don’t want to send you guys to unnecessary danger when you can’t get along with your partner.” He then thumped the healer in the back playfully.

 

 

Leeteuk glanced toward his paper once more and said the next set of names, “Kyuhyun and Siwon.” He glanced at the two and smiled when he noticed that they were already talking in camaraderie. Leeteuk then moved on to the next pair, “This is a special case. Henry,” he started. “Donghae, you both are with me.”

 

 

Leeteuk could hear Kangin’s sardonic tone in the corner. “See, I’m not partnered with Leeteuk this time,” said Kangin to Heechul. “But do you see me throwing a tantrum?”

 

 

Leeteuk sighed and mentally noted to resolve what was going on in the corner later. He glanced down at his paper once more. “Kibum,” he read out loud. He glanced up at the technopath. “And Sungmin.”

 

 

“You have got to be kidding me.”  

 

 

End of Chapter 7.

 

~*~*~

 

 

Huzzah! I finally got down to revealing Siwon's power. I hope I was able to get his talent across without stating it. ^-^;; Ahaha, but if it was too vague, Siwon's talent is to animate images into reality. Hehe, as for the wings part. I will not be telling. But do you guys have a guess~? ;D  

Here we go~! The plot is slowly moving along now! But, man, oh man. Kibum and Sungmin? Partners? Why do I feel like this won't go down well! :D 

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! >w<

 

Love, 

Spring Samurai