Chapter 31 : What now?

My (Creepy) Girl

Eunice excitedly hoped in inside of their classroom. Her eyes went to search in for those six guys and when she spotted them, she smiled to herself. Thank God, they are here, she thought. She made her way to her chair, and now she was sitting beside Yoseob. Yoseob was listening to music with large head phones on his ears. He was seriously reading a book. Wow. She never saw him reading a book and surprisingly, even though with that fact, he was always passing the exams and long quizzes.

She sat beside him and glanced at him as if telling him to look at her but he didn’t. Maybe he didn’t really recognized me, she thought.

“Okay class, study on page 102 to 141 and we’ll be having a long quiz today.” The professor announced as long as he entered the classroom. She quickly looked for her book inside her back but then she remembered she decided to leave it on her house. How silly am I, she thought. She looked at Yoseob then finally he looked back.

“Uhm… can I share a book with yours?” she forced a smile.

He looked at her for a moment. He really liked to agree but something was trying to stop him. But he should help this girl. It was a long quiz. And maybe after this… he’ll just forget about it.

“Sure.” he answered coolly as he placed the book on her desk and quietly tried to read. But no matter how hard he tries to concentrate he can’t help the fact that he would just prefer to be with her, talk to her… but he should stop thinking about that.

“30 minutes more.” The professor announced.

 

***

 

It was break time and Eunice was wondering where Yoseob was, now. Yoseob was already gone as soon as the bell rang and she was quiet wondering where he could be. She thought of waiting for him but,

“Let’s go, Eunice…” Hana snapped her out of her thoughts by pulling her wrist.

“Uh, okay.” Eunice stood up.

She was following Beast from behind. Then Kikwang nudged her. “Hey.” He simply said with a slight smile.

“Hey.” She forced a smile

“Can I ask you something?”

“What is it?” she asked

“Well, Do you know what’s happening with Yoseob?” he said while glancing at every girls they passed by.

“Why? Is there something wrong with him?” she replied with a worried tone.

“He seemed to be out of himself lately… He was always inside his room; he wouldn’t join us eating… It’s like there’s something wrong but he doesn’t want to tell us… His cheerful aura is already gone… I was just… wondering if you know…”

“Is that… so? When did it all started?”

“Just yesterday… He seemed really strange, Eunice.” Kikwang replied with a ‘go-do-something’ expression.

“Is that the reason why… he sounds so cold this morning? He wasn’t talking to me…” she mumbled

“You should try to talk to him, Eunice. I’m sure he would only listen to you.” Kikwang replied

“Uh… o-okay… I’ll try my best.” She tried to lighten up the mood but she can’t deny the fact that she was thinking on negative things again.

“Hey, what are you talking about?” Junhyung suddenly nudged Eunice.

“Oh…” Kikwang looked at Eunice as if asking permission.

“Yoseob” Eunice looked at Junhyung.

“I think he was on the rooftop.” Junhyung replied.

“Really?” Eunice asked. “I guess I don’t have to eat snacks this time. I have to do much important things.” She smiled. “See you later.” She waved at them

“I wish Eunice could fix this.” Kikwang muttered

“Sure she could. She’s amazing, you know.” Junhyung patted Kikwang’s back. “You love Yoseob that much, eh? Maybe you like him? Oh kikwangie~” Junhyung smirked

“Hey! Don’t try to do to me what you did to Hyun Seung!” Kikwang protested

“Will you stop mentioning about that?” Hyun Seung suddenly popped out of no where.

“I won’t forget about you Hyun Seung, not even in a minute!” Junhyung said as he linked his arm with Hyun Seung’s.

“Aish! Paboya! Get away from me!” Hyun Seung shouted as he pushed Junhyung away.

 

***

 

As she was on her way to the rooftop, Eunice could feel her heart pounding so hard against her chest. It seems like something bad would happen. She was a negative-thinker. She really was and that results to frustration sometimes. But she never did something wrong. Why would Yoseob be mad at her? Why is she thinking like that?

She bravely held on the knob and slowly turned it and pushed the door. And there she saw him with a girl. At first, she thought of going to their direction but then… she was hit by the realization.

“Oppa, you seemed strange you know that? You use to ignore me… but why the sudden you wanted to be with me?” she heard the girl said trying to use her aegyo.

“I just wanted to be friends with new girls… I mean—”

“You mean you don’t want Hana anymore?” the girl cut him off.

“Hana?!” Yoseob chuckled. “She was just a friend.” He explained

“What about that creepy girl?”

CREEPY GIRL? Is she pertaining to me?Eunice thought.

“You mean Eunice?” the girl nodded.  “It’s not like I don’t want them anymore…“Yoseob started to speak but he doesn’t know what to say until held the girl’s chin and started to lean…

Eunice doesn’t know what to feel as soon as she saw Yoseob leaning in.

 “There’s dirt on your eye.” He said as he pulled back. He doesn’t want to kiss her. He just cursed himself for thinking like that. Why would he? He would only do that to the girl he loves.

“I guess it’s already end of break time.” He said looking on his watch

“Oh my god! We have a quiz!” the girl exclaimed as she rushed to the door.

Oh my ing gosh! What should I do now!Eunice thought as she tried to think of other ways to hide but later on she’ll be sure dead. The girl was on her way to the door as Eunice run downstairs. And luckily, she succeeded and then she continued running and running until she was on the corridors. She stopped for a while and tried to catch her breath.

“Eu-Eunice?” someone said.

She her back and saw Yoseob. “Oh hey.” She forced a smile.

“What are you doing there?” Yoseob asked walking to her direction

“Oh. I was just…” What should I say now! Oh my god! Pabo, pabo, pabo! “Looking for something... yeah, I was looking for something!” she exclaimed and that she didn’t recognize she was obviously lying.

“Oh I’ll go ahead… I guess i-it’s already end of break time.” She said nervously and started to walk.

Then she felt her wrist being held.

“Eunice… Did you followed me?” he suddenly asked

“No! Of course n-not!” she shook her head. “Why would I?”

“Because you wanted to know what’s going on with me…” Yoseob said that made Eunice caught in silence for a while.

“Yoseob, I miss you…” she avoided his gaze.