Chapter 3

Easily Broken

I laid my tired and bruised body down on my bed. As much as I tried not to I started crying. Hot tears ran down my  cheeks and burned the ugly red bruise that sat there. I don't deserve anything good in my life. What have I done to deserve good in my life, but also what have I done to deserve bad?

After hours of being in one spot I wanted to turn over, but every move made me feel like I was dying. Sighing, I  limped into the dark empty kitchen to get some ice for my sore body.  I turned around to leave, but something caught my eye. A note with my name on it taped to the wall of the kitchen.  Picking to note up and bringing it closer to my eyes I began to read.

"I'm tired of you disrespecting me. I don't want you see you for a while. Pack your things and get out until we tell you to come back. You better be gone before I wake up tomorrow."

I crumbled the letter and threw it to the ground. You don't want me here, fine. Not like I wanted to be here anyway. I said that I don't need anyone. I can do and handle everything by myself. I don't need Jungsu standing up for me and trying to take care of me. I don't need these excuses for foster parents. I knew this from the beginning. I don't need anyone. "That's a lie and you know it. You're weak. Needy. That's why no one wants to deal with someone like you."

Your wrong! And I'll prove it. Starting tomorrow.

I limped back to my used to be room and started packing my things. It wasn't much. They never bought me anything anyway. I stuffed my clothes, that could almost be mistaken as rags, into my backpack. Deciding that I should get a couple of more hours of sleep since it's only 11 o' clock, I slipped back into bed putting the ice on my sore body. I closed tired my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

I woke up the next morning feeling better then when I went to sleep last night. My clothes were wet because the ice melted, but I couldn't dwell on that for too long. I hurriedly threw myself into the shower then continued to get dressed.

Once I was ready I grabbed all of my belongings and walked out of the house with my head down. Even though I despised them, they were the only people I had. Now, I have no where to go again. I began to walk keeping my eyes focused on the ground when I got the strange sense that I was being followed. Sneaking to take a peak behind me I noticed that there was a car following me. Based on pure instincts I willed my feet to go faster, but the car also went faster.

This went on for 5 minutes. Swallowing my fear I stop walking altogether and turned around marching towards the car. Once I got to the drivers' side I banged on the window. My heart was beating fast as the driver rolled down the window.

"What are you doing?" I let out a sigh of relief when I saw Jungsu behind the wheel.

"I was planing on driving you to school today, but you just kept walking."

"Thanks, but no thanks. You don't have to do that." I turned to leave.

"Why won't you just let me help you? Why are being you so stubborn?" Why is he talking like he knows me?

"Why are you trying to help me anyway?! I don't even know you and you don't know me, so why help me!? Look I'm sorry. I just don't need you or anyone else so please just leave me alone. Don't stand up for me. Don't do anything. Ok?" Without even waiting for a response I started walking again.

After walking for 10 more minutes I noticed that he was still following me. And he calls me stubborn?

I walked into the school and notice that people are staring at me like they want to shoot me. Why have I done this time? I feel someone link arms with me; my head snaps to the right and sees Jungsu with his arm linked with mine.That must be why people are staring at me. Great, now I'm really dead.

"Why are doing Junsu?"

"What? You said that we didn't know each other, so let's learn. I've cleared my whole schedule this week just to hang out with you. We can go to the movies, shopping, the park, etc. Whatever you want to do." He really doesn't get it does he? I can't be around him. He's not just a kingka, he's the kingka. I hear scoffs and whispers all around me, but Jungsu seems to be oblivious. When I didn't answered him he nudged me a little.

"Don't go anywhere after school. I'll pick you up, ok." He ruffled my hair causing my face to turn red.

"Jungsu-ssi-"

"Call me 'oppa'." He turned towards me.

"I'm not comfortable with that Jungsu-ssi."

"That's ok. You will be soon. Bye, oppa has to leave. Don't forget what I said. I'll pick you up today, ok." He kissed my forehead then rushed off to catch up with his friend, who I believe was Kangin.

I touched my forehead. Did that just really happened? What part of leave me alone did he not understand? Aish, so stubborn. Wait a minute. No one saw that "kiss" did they? I mean even though It was just a forehead kiss a lot of girls would kill for that. Why is he putting me in these situations? Maybe if I just walk like nothing happened, then no one will pay attention to me right? Wrong!

People, or should I say girls, continued to glare at me. One of them tripped me on my way to my locker. Before I could even process what had happened I heard yelling.

"How could you trip her like that? She's already hurt. Just get out of my sight, you make me sick." The person leaned down to help me up. When I was fully up only then I recognized who this person was. Yesung.

"Hey, you ok?" He asked gently.

"As if people bothered me enough. Now because of Jungsu-"

"Woah, whoah, woah. What happened? What did Leeteuk hyung do?"

"He kissed my forehead and not only that he did it in front of everyone. Now these girls hate me more than ever."

"Don't worry about those girls. You're under our protection now. I'll introduce you to everyone later ok."

"Everyone?" I asked turning around to put in my combination.

"Yep, all 15 of us. We'll also work out a schedule to where you're never in the hallway by yourself again." My head snapped towards him.

"You don't have to do that."

"What did I tell you. You're under our protection. This happens a lot. Whenever one of us gets a girlfriend or just a friend whose a girl it's up to all of us to protect them. Girls at this school are crazy. So we'll see you after school right?"

"Yeah, I guess." This was a lot to take in. Just because Jungsu was around me I would be a target? I didn't ask for his attention. Sighing, I close my locker and start to walk to class, but I noticed that Yesung was following me.

"Did you need something Yesung-ssi?"

"No. I told you that you wouldn't be left alone in the hallways again, so I'm walking you to class."

I didn't argue with him. He was probably just as stubborn as Jungsu, so I let him walk me to class. He left as soon as I entered the classroom safely. Ignoring all of the stares and glares I take my seat in the middle of the classroom. I was 5 minutes early like usual so the teacher wasn't there yet. Great, a classroom full of people who hate me.

The classroom door opened up thinking that it was the teacher I took out my notes from yesterday, but 2 people walked in instead. I think I've seen them before, but from where. I carefully examine the shorter one's face. Where have I seen you before?

"Close your mouth. Your drooling." I heard someone say and I quickly wiped the corners of my mouth for drool. There wasn't any.

"No, I'm not you troll. How about you just go sit down and leave me alone." He smirked. I've seen that smirk before, but from where? Ah, so irritating.

"My pleasure. You smell like crap anyway." He made a disgusted face and pinched his nose. Someone else came behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Come on, Jonghyun. You heard what Leeteuk hyung said."

Jonghyun! That's where I remember him from. He was that one guy having a showdown with Jungsu yesterday.

"I don't give a what Leeteuk said. He doesn't have control over this grade level, I do. Plus he'll be gone next year."

"Next year is next year and this is this year. He runs the whole school, so just give it a rest." Jonghyun glared at the stylish guy beside him, before going to his seat refusing to even look in my direction.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to find the guy from before smiling down at me.

"Don't worry about him. He just has anger issues. I'm Key by the way." He pointed to his shirt which had the words

'Almighty Key' designed on it.

"Yujin." I smiled.

"Oh everyone knows who you are now, Yujin, and not in the good way." He left to take his seat next to Jonghyun.

When I looked around the room you know what I saw? More glaring. What'd I do wrong this time? Someone pushed my bruised arm, I winced and looked up at her.

"First Leeteuk and Yesung oppa and now Jonghyun and Key oppa? So disgusting. Such a ." She walked away not giving me time to respond.

Arg, I wish this class would start so it can end already.The teacher finally walked in, late might I add, and started class. I instantly spaced out not really caring about the

lesson. I jumped when I heard the bell ring. Was class over already? I looked at my phone and realized that it wasn't even time to go yet. Then I realized what happened. Fire alarm.

I grabbed my purse and rushed out of the classroom and outside the school. I could see the smoke coming out of doors following the students. I stand alone by myself since I got split up from my class. I feel so awkward just being by myself. What if I ran into Krystal?

"Yujin! Over here." As if my prayers were answered I saw Yesung calling me over towards him. I noticed he was with a lot of people. Were they the other 14 people he was talking about? I walk towards him ignoring the stares I got. As soon as I approached them Jungsu grabbed my arm gently and pulled me closer to him. I stared at him wide eyed. We were so close I could feel his breath on my neck.

"Are you ok?" He asked worriedly and breathes a sigh of realif when I nod.

I heard a laugh and looked over to find that Heechul guy. Not him again.

"We would have all been ok if Kyuhyun hadn't of set the kitchen on fire." I saw one of them glare at Heechul. That must be Kyuhyun. Wait, set the kitchen on fire?

"You set the kitchen on fire?" I asked him and he looked at me embarrassed and nodded.

"I'm not the best cook."

"Your right. You're the worst." Heechul remarked laughing to himself gaining another glare from Kyuhyun.

"I'm an excellent cook. I'll teach you." I smiled and he nodded excitedly.

"When?" He asked me, but Jungsu answered for me.

"Today. She's coming over today, so she can teach you after school."

They announced the school safe and allowed the students to go back to class.

"I'll walk you back to class. We can talk about what you're going to teach me to make." Kyuhyun said and shuffled over to my side. He grabbed my hand and started swinging our hands back and forth. I laughed at his childishness. We began talking about different dishes we could make not knowing that there was two very unhappy people watching us from far away.