Chapter 1

Easily Broken

"Go hide in the bathroom. Don't come out and don't make a sound, Ok?" My big sister said quietly to me as she wiped the tears pouring out of my puffy eyes and hushed me. She pushed me into the bathroom that was connected to our bedroom and told me to hide under the sink. Doing what she said I quickly hid closing the doors and sealing myself inside. I heard my sister close the bathroom doors just before the bedroom door burst open.

"Where is it!?" I heard a man's voice scream at my sister. I knew she was scared; I was scared. I said a silent prayer for her and myself hoping that we'd both be ok. She was the only person I had left in this world and I couldn't lose her. If I lost her, then there would be no reason left for me to live. It's not like my parents were ever around.

"I-I don't have the money. Please just give me one last week. I'll have it by then." She pleaded. I knew it had to be bad. My sister never pleaded for anyone; she said that no one was worth it. I heard the man laugh at her like she had told the funniest joke.

"You always say that. I have an idea. Where's that pretty little sister you have? She'll do." My heartbeat quicken. Please don't let him take me. I was shaking and crying, but still trying not to make a sound.

"I don't know. She ran away. She's probably in Japan with our grandparents by now." I heard my sister yelp in pain. I wish I knew what that sick person did to her, but she was now crying. She was protecting me like always. Our grandparents died two years ago in a house fire.

"I have a feeling that you're lying to me, but it doesn't matter cause in about five minutes this house will be engulfed in flames. It's too late for you and I know your sister is in here somewhere, so if you want to save her you better tell us where she is, or she could be burned to a crist like you. Make your choice." I heard my sister laugh, but it wasn't the sweet loving laugh that I was used to. This time it was full of venom.

"You and I both know that you can't kill her. You need her." They need me?

"You're really getting on my nerves. This is the part where you start begging for your life." I heard him click his gun and he was probably aiming at my sister right now.

"What's the point? You wouldn't spare me even if I did beg." I knew she was scared; she always told me how she was afraid to die.

"You've got a mouth on you girl and I suggest you shut it." I bet my sister was squeezing her eyes together tightly, she always did that when she was scared.

*BANG*

I jumped when I heard the the loud shot ring out and then a thud hit the ground. No! No, my sister's not dead. The police came just in time and got the bad guy like they always did. My sister would come and get me from under here, then prasie me on how well I listened to her and stayed quiet. Yep, that's what was gonna happen. I felt like my thoughts were confirmed when I heard the sirens from outside. Smiling to myself I knew that me and my sister were safe and we would move somewhere safe like every other time. Yep, all I had to do was wait.

And that's what I did. I waited and waited and waited some more for my sister to come and get me. Before I knew it my eyelids grew to heavy for me to hold them open any longer, so I fell asleep.

When I woke up I was still in the bathroom under the sink. Why hadn't she come to get me yet. Feeling like it was safe to come out, I slowly making my way out of the bathroom when I noticed noticed that the house was empty. I looked down at the carpet and it was blood stained. There was also an outline of a body. I watched enough crime shows to know what that was used for.

The only problem was that I didn't hear a woman's voice last night except for my sister and the tape on the ground was not a man's body. Shaking my head I dropped to the floor refusing to believe that my loving sister was dead. I sobbed mumbling to myself.

"S-She's not dead. She just l-left me." I knew that she would never do that to me, but I would rather believe that she's alive and hate her for leaving without me, then to believe that she's dead and I would never see her again.

"I hate you! Why would you leave me here alone? What am I suppose to do without you?" I sobbed. I quickly wiped my tears. No, I wouldn't cry. There's no reason to cry. There's no time for emotions, they just get in the way.

"I'm gonna be just fine without her." My brain told myself. "No you won't" My heart begged to differ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up from the horrible dream that I called my past. No matter how many years went by I still remembered that day crystal clear. It was four years ago when I lost my sister. Eventually I got caught by Child Protective Services, they put me in therapy, and the sent me to an orphanage. No one wanted to adopt me; I had to much baggage. That's what I thought until this couple adopted me.

They were nice at first, but then I found out that they were just using me to fill the void; they just lost their daughter who was my age. I should have known that I would never be enough for them. I couldn't ever be the person they wanted me to be.

I would always have nightmares and wake up screaming and they would comfort me, until they got sick of me. They didn't even care about my existance anymore they just wanted the money that they were getting.

They found out that the nightmares were from the incident. They teased me about it saying everything from 'she killed herself to get away from you' to 'too bad they didn't kill you and spare your sister.'

I could tell that they didn't like me just by their actions of beating me whenever they got drunk or felt stressed. Although the physical pain hurts, the verbal pain kills. Whenever I started feeling a little bit better about myself they were there just to tear me down even further. Even when their not around I can still hear their judgmental voices telling me that I'll never be pretty enough, smart enough, friendly enough, ect. I already knew that; I didn't need them agreeing with me.

I stopped going to therapy, because it didn't help me. I was fine with believing that my sister left me, but they forced me to face the fact that she was gone forever. Those excuses for foster parents never forgot to tell me that it was and always would be my fault that my sister was dead.

It didn't matter anymore anyway. What's done is done. I had two more horrible years with them then I could move out and get as far as I can away from here. Might as well start getting ready for school huh?

Groaning I dragged myself out my not so comfy bed. This bed has been here for god knows how long. Did I forget to mention that they moved my room to the attic, so they could prepare for the new baby they were having? Yeah, well they did.

Anyway I got dressed for this hell hole people call a learning institution. Learning? Please, the only thing I learned how to do is not to trust anyone. I'm the freak in school. I know it, the students know, hell even the teachers know it. No one wanted me there and frankly I didn't wanna be there either.

I always get to school extra early just so I could avoid all the gossiping about how I'm the devil reincarnated. Try to ignore them my therapist said. It's hard to ignore what being shouted in my ears.

I walked into the classroom and got myself situated. Not long after people began to stroll into the classroom and obviously talking about how ugly my outfit is today. They really had no lives. They were trying to get my attention by throwing things at me. I scoffed. That's so childish.

Ignore them. Ignore them. I keep telling myself, but when someone grabbed my journal from my desk I finally looked up.

"Give that back!" I yelled jumping to my feet trying to get back my stolen property. He just laughed and held it high up so I couldn't reach it.

"And what if I don't?" He ran out of the classroom and into the crowded hallway. Sighing, I went after him. He opened to a random page and starting reading it.

"I hate myself. I hate my life. Someone kill me now, I wanna die. I feel so worthless." You'd think that after he cruelly announced my hatred to myself out loud that people would cut me some slack. Nope, the exact opposite happened. They started laughing.

"She should die for wearing that outfit. Is she out of her mind?" Some fake blonde, plastic s, stuck up barbie doll said.

"If she wants to die so bad she should kill herself. No one would notice anyway."

"To think that there are innocent life-loving people out there who are getting killed every minute and here she is saying that she wants to die. Disgusting."

The taunting starts again. What did I do in my past life to deserve this punishment. Why do my cheeks feel wet? Great, I'm crying. Why am I always crying lately? I'm tough, I can handle anything. "No you can't. Your weak, pathetic, a waste of space. When are you gonna just kill yourself and get it over with. No one will care. They'll probably celebrate."

"Just stop it for once. Please." I whisper completely zoning out.

"Look at her. She's insane. I'm scared to even go to the same school as her."

With my head hung low in a defeated manner, I started to walk off to get away from the judgmental voices all around me. I just need a quiet vacant spot and my trusty razor to dull the pain I always endure.

I continue walking until I bumped into something. More like someone. Great, I'm so happy to see them. I hope you noticed that sarcasm. Cause it was there and a lot of it.

"Look, what we have here. I was scared that we were gonna miss our morning session." Krystal smirked at me along with the other two members of her pack; Sulli and Luna. Krystal snapped and her zombies grabbed onto both of my arms, holding me back incase I was gonna do something.

Krystal cracked her knuckles and punched me in my stomach making lose my breath. She punched me 2, 3, 4 more times in my stomach. Deciding that she should change areas, she attacked my face, showering me with painful blows. Spitting out the blood that had collected itself in my mouth I struggled against them to get free. Just let me get one punch and I could die happy.

Her followers then dropped me and let me lie limp on the cold hard floor, but Krystal wasn't done yet. Not even close. She repeatedly kicked me anywhere she could. No one helped me, not that I expected them to anyway. They all just watched, some where even laughing. "Don't play victim. You know you deserve this." That voice in my head said and really I couldn't disagree with it. If I had just never been born then this wouldn't be happening right now.

"Just finish her off already. Class is about to start and we can't be late." Krystal smirked at me getting down to my level. She pulled out a pocket knife and held it close to my throat, every now and then pricking the skin causing blood  droplets to run down the knife.

Deciding that she didn't want to do anything rash yet she played with me. She cut whatever skin that she could get to; arms, face, even legs. In a sick way I wanted to thank her; my skin was going to get cut up anyway all she did was save me the trouble.

"Does it hurt?" Luna asked smiling down at me. Krystal then figured that she was done playing placed the knife back on my throat.

"Say hi to Satan for me." She smiled sweetly then her face went dark. I was afraid; not afraid to die though. Afraid where I was going after the fact. If there is a god maybe he'll take pity on my soul. Maybe I could ask him why he dealt me this hand of cards that was my life.

I squeezed my eyes together tightly awaiting the end.

"Stop! What the hell do you think your doing?!" A voice screamed out and everyone went quiet. All you could hear was the click clacking of the person's shoes. He grabbed Krystal up by her arm and forced her to look at him.

"Oppa, you look nice today." She said putting on her best aeygo. It made me want to spit out more blood. He looked unfazed though.

"Answer the question." He hissed out making her flinch. She then pointed at me and started her excuse.

"Oppa, she started it. She deserves what she got." He bent down to get closer to her ear and whispered something to her. Whatever he said it scared her and she nodded quietly.

"Good." He looked down at me and a look that I couldn't make out flashed through his eyes. I figured that it was just him pitying me. Don't pity me. The last thing I need right now is pity.

"If I see anyone hurt her again I'll-"

"You'll what?" Everyone gasped and my life saver turned to the voice. I swear this is sounding a lot like a teen drama or something.

He turned around and crossed his arms smirking at the shorter boy who mirrored his actions. He walked closer until he was staring down at the shorter man, who in return didn't look intimated.

"Kim Jonghyun, grade 10 class 6, don't you know who I am?" He said cockily. I sure didn't know who he was, but then again I didn't know anybody.

"Park Jungsu, grade 12 class 2, I know who you are. Frankly, I don't care. You see," He gestured to his 4 other friends, "we run this grade level and you seem to be out of your territory." The guy who I just found out whose name is Jonghyun said smugly. The other guy, Jungsu scoffed.

Hello earth to anyone, severally bruised girl lying in a bloody mess on the school floor. It'd be nice if you either finish me off or take me to the nurse, because just being stationary here is extremely painful.

"Is he giving you trouble again Jungsu?" Someone said and 6 more guys appeared out of nowhere. They looked down at me and gasped. Yeah, because gasping is going to help...

"I got this Kangin. Just take the girl and get her fixed up." Jungsu said his glare never leaving Jonghyun. One picked me up with ease and carried me away from the scene followed by two others.

No one's POV

The hallway was quiet, for no one dared to interrupt the still silence. The bell had already rung 5 minutes ago, but everyone remained were they were, not wanting to miss out on anything. Jungsu and Jonghyun continued to glare at each until one of Jonghyun's friends spoke up; a blonde one.

"What are you doing here Jungsu?" Jungsu's gaze followed the boy's voice.

"The school president has a right to be where ever they want and it's a good thing I am here." Jungsu turned back around to face the unmoving student body.

"Like I was saying. Anyone who messes with her again will face me. Got it?" The students nodded their heads furiously making Jungsu laugh. "Good, now get to class." Everyone rushed to their classes leaving Jungsu with 3 of his friends and Jonghyun with 4.

"Jonghyun, I would like to speak with you. Alone." Jungsu said refering to his 4 other friends.

"What you have to say to me can be said in front of them." Jonghyun smirked when Jungsu nodded thinking that he had won.

"I don't want to see you causing any trouble around here. Cross me again and I will not spare you because your my friend's little brother. Understand?"

"No one asked you to spare me." Jonghyun replied setting his jaw. Jungsu laughed getting back into his cheerful mood. He patted Jonghyun on his shoulder and smiled sweetly.

"You should come over for dinner tonight. I expect all 5 of you to come. 8 o' clock sharp." He said sternly making the 4 of them nod. Jonghyun just glared.

"Good. Let's go." He walked away flanked by his 3 other friends.