Chapter 2

Easily Broken

My POV


He carried me away from the scene. I felt self- conscious. What if I was too fat and he dropped me. That'd be so embarrassing. I was so tired, but was trying not to fall asleep. After being hit several times in my head and I wasn't about to risk going into a coma.

Once in the nurse's office they laid me down on the bed.

"I'll go call a nurse." The one whose name is Kangin said then disappeared. Another one who was fairly small and innocent looking grabbed the baby wipes from the shelf then came back to sit down beside me. Reaching into the container he pulled one out and pressed it to my skin. I flinched as soon as it made contact with my skin. I think that I might've scared him, for his eyes opened wide and he started stuttering.

"I-I'm sorry. I d-didn't mean to hurt you. I-It's just that I'm not g-good with blood." His hands started shaking.

Another one who was quiet the whole time sighed and came over. He took the baby wipe from the younger one's hands.

"Ryeowook, I got this. Go wait outside for Leeteuk hyung."

"N-Neh hyung." The Ryeowook guy dejectedly walked outside following the elder's orders.

He gently raised my arm with care as if I would break if he was too rough. He dapped at the open cut wiping away the blood. When he was done with that arm he picked up the other one and started the cycle over again. He continued to wipe the blood away until only the red cuts remained.

We locked eyes until I couldn't take it anymore and turned away. I could still feel his gaze on me. "Can't you see that he's just looking at your imperfections. Can't you tell that he can see right through you and that he's disgusted with you. Who wouldn't be? Look at him, then look at you." The voice in my head told me.

"Yesung." He said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Yesung. My name is Yesung." All I did was nod. Great, he probably thinks that I'm rude and a ditz.

"And your name is..?"

"Y-Yujin." I stuttered. I could feel my face turn red. How could forget to tell him my name. I'm so stupid. This is why I have no friends.

"Ok, Kim Yujin. Let's have a look at you, shall we." The cheery nurse came in. She then frowned when she saw me. "See, even the nurse hates you. Can't you tell that she feels the same way about you that everyone does?"

"Oh dear, what happened to you?" She walked closer to me and started examining me.

"Bullying." Kangin answered in his gruff tone. The nurse's face twisted. Again more pity.

"Hyung. Leeteul hyung is here." Ryeowook announced running back in followed by someone. Oh? Is that Jungsu. It is, but did he call him Leeteuk? How many names does he have?

"How is she?" Jungsu said standing over the nurse; watching her every more as she prepared to clean me up.

"This poor child." She started cleaning and patching up my open cuts. Her finger trailed over some of my own work. I had went overboard with my razor the other night.

"What happened here?"

"Um, bullying. Remember?" She shook her head knowing that I was lying.

"Sweetie this one's not as fresh as the others. In fact they've even started the healing practice already. Would you like to tell me how you got those."

"O-oh those. I-I um was washing dishes and a knife cut me. It's no big deal." I came up with a lie on the spot. I hoped that she believed me. If she did or not, I couldn't tell becuase all she did was nod her head.

Jungsu was staring down at me; eying every single cut. I looked up at him, but he didn't seem to notice. My eyes started scanning over his features. His face was so beautiful that I felt unworthy to even rest my eyes upon him. In short; he looked like an angel. His chest was wide and built; his arms strong, but yet despite how manly he looked he still seemed so delicate.

"You actually thing that you have a chance with him? Look at him; he's y. Do you really think that he would ever even think about considering you?" That annoying truthful voice in my head said. I never even said that I liked him! I don't even know him and the voice is right. He'd never see me as anything more than something to pity.

"Are you her oppa?" The nurse asked referring to Junsu.

"No-"

"Yes, I am." He said cutting me off.

"Ok, then can I see you over there?" She asked then walked away when Jungsu nodded and followed.


No One's POV


The nurse led Jungsu over to side and spoke in hushed whispers.

"I think Yujin is being either abused at home or is inflicting pain on herself. I need you to watch over her and if there's anything going on at home you should report it. Also, if it's self- harm then she should enroll in some classes that can help her." Jungsu frowned at both of the scenarios

"You should protect her. She seems like a good girl who has lost her way." She said sympathetically then walked back over to Yujin.


My POV

While they were gone the Yesung guy started talking to me about the many different kinds of turtles. Then he started talking about his turtles. I know that probably sounds really boring, but every one of his stories had some kind of funny unbelievable ending.

"And then I found out that Heechul hyung didn't kill Ddangkoma; he put him outside on the window sill for eating a hole through his pants." I started laughing and he smiled big.

"See Kangin? At least someone appreciates my stories."

Jungsu walked back and placed a blinding smile on his face.

"Yujin ah, come on let's go." He walked closer to me and placed my arms around his neck. My eyes widened and I instantly snatched my arms back. I winced because of my fresh cuts.

"W-What are you talking about? Go where?" I panicked. Did he really expect me to willing go with some stranger because they said so?

"I'm taking you home. Come on."

"No, you really don't have to do that. School practically just started; it's not even lunch yet. I can stick it out the rest of the day and go home by myself."

"I said I'm taking you home. Now put your arms around my neck if you don't wanna fall." I was going to argue back, but he sent me a look that told me to obey him. I slowly put my arms around his neck and he placed his arms under my legs and lift me up effortlessly.

I squeaked and buried my face into his chest and tightened my grip on him; holding on for dear life.

"Ssh, I got you tight. Your safe, ok?" I nodded into his chest and loosened my grip up a little. I didn't realize how good he smelled at first until now and took a deep breath inhaling his scent.

"I must smell really good." He whispered tickling my ear and my face turned a deep color of red. He walked out into the hallway.

I was really relieved that the hallway was empty or I'm sure that I would have gotten the stink eye from a lot of people. I wish he would put me down; there's nothing wrong with my legs, I can walk.

He carried me all the way to his car and didn't set me down until he opened the car door and placed me inside. Walking around to the other side he climbed into the driver's seat.

Jungsu started the car, but I started hearing grumbling sounds that wasn't coming from the car. All of a sudden I felt a presence beside me. Turning slightly I screamed when I saw someone behind me. His hands went to his ears and an annoyed expression was placed on his face.

"Calm down will ya? So, Leeteuk where we going?"

"Heechul, what are you doing here?" Jungsu replied sighed while running a hand through his hair while tying to keep his eyes on the road. The Heechul guy smirked and sat back in his seat putting his hands behind his head.

"I got bored of school, so I ditched. I was also to lazy to go anywhere so I got in your car to sleep and wait til school was out. By the way what time is it? It feels like I've only been sleep for 10 minutes." He explained like that was the most natural thing in the world.

"It's 9:30. Heechul, you can't keep skipping school. If you keep doing this, then your never going to be anything in life and If you think for one second that I'm gonna support you for the rest of your life then you have another thing coming."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, you say that all the time. It no longer affects me. Anyway, whose this?" His attention was placed on me as he started twirling my hair between his fingers making me blush.

"Just sit back and leave her alone." Jungsu growled.

"Chill out Teuk, she's all yours." His words left an awkward air around the car. If I wasn't so shy I would have called him out. I am nobody's property. "That's because nobody wants you." Right, thanks voice for clearing that up for me. Really appreciate it.

Jungsu cleared his voice pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked over at him only to find out that he was staring at me.

"Y-yes?" He was probably trying to talk to me, but like always I spaced out. Urgh I'm so stupid.

"Way to pick 'em Teuk." I glared at the Heechul guy through the mirror.

"Your house address? You know, I can't take you home without knowing your address." My face started turning red. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. How was he suppose to take me home when I didn't even tell him where I live.

"Um just take that left up here, then make a right and my house is the one on the corner." The drive only last a total of 5 minutes before he pulled into the driveway.

"Do you need me to take you inside?" He said making me blush. Did he plan on carrying inside? What if my foster mom is awake? That'd be bad. I shook my head furiously turning down the offer.

"Ha rejected." Heechul spoke up laughing while Junsu glared at him. Doesn't this guy ever shut up.

Just reaching for the handle made me feel like my skin was ripping in apart. The worst part of getting cut is the healing process, when your skin decides that it's gonna tear again everytime you move.

I winced hoping that it went unnoticed. It didn't. Before I could even blink Jungsu was opening my door and lifting me out of the car.

"I said I didn't need your help." Without answering he started walking to the front door and rang the doorbell. I watched as my step mother opened the door with a smile until she saw me, then her face completely fell. She crossed her arms in front in her wearing her displeased expression on her aging face.

Sensing the tense aura Jungsu carefully let me down in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" I shifted in my spot trying not to look her in her flaming eyes.

"I got in an accident at school." She ignored me and looked to Jungsu placing a fake gentle smile on her face.

"Thank you for bringing her home. You didn't have to do that. She'll be fine. Go ahead and go back to school." Without saying anymore she grabbed me roughly by my wrist and dragged me inside; shutting the door in Junsu's face.

Whirling me around to face her, she glared at me waiting for me to explain. When I remained silent she slapped me hard in my face leaving a red bruise. I winced and my hand instinctively went to my face.

"You know the drill. I don't see why I always have to tell you!" She aimed for my face again hitting the same spot for the second time.

"I-I tried to t-tell him to go away. I-I tried. Really."

"If you really tried then if wouldn't have happened. You know that whenever anything happens to you you're suppose to bandage yourself outside. God, I can still smell the blood on you. You know that smelling blood is bad for the baby. Do you want me to loose the baby?"

"No! I-I-"

"Shut up! Don't speak. I can't even stand to hear your voice. Since you're here go make yourself useful for once and cook me something to eat. Don't eat any of it either, I need it so my baby will be strong. After your done, you can let yourself out."

"O-out? But Taehyun I-I'm too much pain to even move." I pleaded, but all I earned was a disgusted glare from my foster mother.

"So, now you're back talking me? Disrespectful child. Just get out of my sight. I don't care where you go." With that she disappeared into the kitchen and I took that chance to limp up to the attic.