The complete pair of Converse shoe

Cinderella's Converse Shoe

 

Heechul’s flashback

                               It has been a week since the accident. Leeteuk was still placed in the emergency ward. Heechul sat at the bench outside, he can’t visit Leeteuk yet, but there was nothing he can do at his house, so he came here. He waited until he was allowed to get in and visit Leeteuk. It doesn’t have any different than sat outside though, Leeteuk just laid there unconscious, with countless of wire connecting his body with the machines. Heechul sighed but faithfully waited there.

                               Kangin came when its evening, directly from the school. He wore a miserable face and a crumpled paper was there in his hand.

“Hey, how is he?” he asked, a question that was necessary for him every time he came here. 

                               Heechul shook his head. Kangin sat next to the bed.

“What is that?” Heechul asked, seeing the paper in his hand.

“Ah, it’s my examination paper. Last paper today, what a relief. I don’t have to go to the school anymore tomorrow. I can be here all the time,” Kangin answered.

                               Heechul took the paper. Since he hasn’t gone to the school for a week he didn’t know Kangin had an examination. And Kangin haven’t told him anything, obviously doesn’t want him to worry. Heechul looked at the paper; it was scribbled in mess, and Kangin seemed to answer everything in a hurry.

“It was last paper?” Heechul asked.

“Yeah,” Kangin said.

                                He gently touched Leeteuk’s cheek, and whispered winning word to him, asking him to hold on.

“How about the papers before this? Is it okay?” Heechul asked.

“Hm, I think I will fail it all. I can’t answer anything,” Kangin answered him bluntly.

“But…If you fail... You can’t graduate, right?” Heechul asked.

“Screw that. Even if I graduate, I still going to work at that construction site, so what’s the different?” he said, ignoring Heechul.

“It shouldn’t be like that…” Heechul mumbled and looked back at the question paper, opened it back and read the questions. Well, there were few questions that he can’t understand at all, but there were some of it that he can answer it easily. And felt furious when Kangin circled the wrong answer.

                               He closed the paper back to see Kangin’s examination numbers were written on the outside of the paper.

“Where are the other question papers?” Heechul asked.

                               Kangin took his bag.

“Here, I have no time to clean up my bag so I just placed it inside,” Kangin said and hand it to Heechul.

                               Heechul took a look at the papers, and put the paper in his bag without Kangin realizing it.

******

                               Heechul returned home and got into Leeteuk’s room, searching the reference or text books his brother used to have. Leeteuk had graduated from high school just few years ago, so his text or reference books might still be the same. He found few useful books and loaded it to the floor, comparing it with the question papers. It was hard to find the exact answer, especially when he understands nothing about the subject, but he tried his best.

 

                               He wanted Kangin to graduate. Who cares if he still going to work at the construction site? Graduating is important, he might be caught if he worked without finishing school, and because of that some employee didn’t want to take workers that are undergraduate.

                               He knew he was going to do something stupid that night, but he had no choice. It must be that night or never. The unmark answer paper will be distributed to the teachers to be marked tomorrow, and everything will be too late.  He knew that it all was stored in the Lee Soo Man’s office, he had always thinking to break in to change his answer every time he had done his examination, but never had strong reason to truly break in. And he thought that that night will be the night he going to do that. He just loves Kangin so much.

                               Heechul squatted down and quickly flipped the pages of the reference and the text books, finding the answers of the question.

                               After few hours, he got up. He still didn’t satisfy with his work, but he planned to get into the school earlier; when the students were still allowed to be in the school so he doesn’t have to sneak in. Heechul shoved in the question papers with the answer into his bag, and shoved in few reference books that he thought will be necessary.

                               He put in his new shoe, a gift from Leeteuk, and went outside.

*****

                               Heechul got into the toilet that was near the office and climbed the sink. He pushed the ceiling, testing if any of it loosened, and he found one. He quickly pushed the ceiling to into the attic, and climbed inside. Oh it was hard for a pretty boy like him doing that kind of job, but he doesn’t have time to think about it, he had to hurry.

                               Carefully, with a flashlight clamped between his lips, he stepped on the wood and slowly recalling the location of the office. When he got it right, he slowly traced the ruler along the ceiling square, loosening it and then pulled it completely out of it place. He threw his bag on the sofa, and stepped in, landing on the cupboard before jumped on the sofa as well.

                               Then he saw the arranged examination paper, by subject and by number, made things easier for him. Again, clamping the flashlight between his lips, he began to search for Kangin’s number and took his paper.

                               He finished Kangin’s sentences, erased and rewrote the better answer he could think of, and left the hard question. The objective question came out easily since he had searched the answer at home before. But still, everything was too much for him. Searching and writing in the dark, seven subjects, with few subjects with two papers, and sometimes he turned off the light and hide when he heard the guard coming; he was glad when he had finished the whole papers.   

                               At it was almost morning. He had to get out of there. He gave the last glance to the room, everything seemed to be in place and nothing was suspicious. So he gets back climbing the ceiling and placed the ceiling back.

                               When he got out of the toilet, he realized how tired he was, physically and mentally. He suffocated, dehydrated and his vision was blurry. He was less cautious in heading out, the only thing he had in his mine was to get home and get some sleep. It was then he got caught.

                               One of the guards saw him when he tried to climb the school’s fence and before they approached him suddenly his energy shot up and he climbed the fence with all his might. When his feet got caught between the fences, he just pulled it off and jumped to the other side. Then he realized his shoe was missing. Having no time to take it back, he just ran into the darkness, leaving the shoe to be found by the guard.

 

End of Heechul's flashback

******

 

 

 

                              Hankyung took a deep breath before step into Lee Soo Man’s office. He immediately imagined what Heechul had told him yesterday. A boy sitting there in the dark, with a flashlight clamped between his lips, and tried hard to answer seven subjects of senior high examination paper in just one night. And it was all because of love. Hankyung snapped himself back in, facing Lee Soo Man that sat behind the desk.  

“Hankyung…” Lee Soo Man called, his voice was dejected.

                               He heard the news. Everyone in the school heard it. It was reported that the shoe was missing. It was reported that the shoe was stolen from the box. It means the only proof was missing. Most of the people disappointed, the wanted to know who the trespasser was, but there was nothing he can do.

“How can that happened?” Lee Soo Man asked.

“I’m sorry, sir. I guessed I was too happy about winning the competition until I forgot to take the shoe before the school close,” Hankyung apologized. It should be his responsibility to keep the shoe before the school close, well, to prevent anyone to steal it.

“I’m disappointed,” Lee Soo Man said again.

“I’m sorry, sir. I really am…” Hankyung said again, lowering his head.

                               Lee Soo Man sighed and took out his glasses and cleaning it.

“No news about it anyway, after all your research?” he asked.

“No, sir. The result shows nothing suspicious,” Hankyung replied.

                               Lee Soo Man sighed again.

“I’m really disappointed in you, Hankyung. I though you can do better than this. But well, there is nothing we can do anymore. I guess I have to close the case. I will tell the teacher to distribute the papers to the students today and posted the examination result tomorrow… You can return to your class now,” Lee Soo Man said.

                               Hankyung bowed to him and apologize again before he got out of the office. Slowly, he walked back to the class. Whispers can be heard when he entered, of course, everything seemed to be his fault. He sat down and glanced at Kangin. That guy was sleeping again.

                               Few minutes later, the teacher got in, with a thick set of examination paper. She put it downs and glanced around for a while.

“Well, as you all know, the case was close…” the teacher said, and few eyes looked at Hankyung.

                               Hankyung took his gaze down.

“Well, it wasn’t your fault, Hankyung. Don’t blame yourself. I think I’m glad that this is over. We can finally analysis the result. I don’t care anymore who changed the result. I think other students should not suffer because of this,” the teacher said.

                               Hankyung smiled.

“Okay, now come here when I call your name. And someone please wake Kangin up,” the teacher said and started calling student’s name and gave them their answered paper back.

                               Kangin supported his head with his hand, blinking sleepily as he waited the teacher to call his name. And when the teacher did, he stood up lazily and went to the front. Hankyung stared at him.

                               Kangin half-closed eyes shot open when he saw his papers. Oh, he was surprised. Even the teacher noticed that.

“Why Kangin? Didn’t I tell you to study; this examination is harder than usual. That is what you got for sleeping all day in the class, now get back to your seat!” teacher said.

                               Kangin walked to his seat, still staring at his paper in disbelief. When he sat down, he flipped the paper, and Hankyung can say his eyes got even wider as he looked at the answers. He kept doing that to his other papers.

                               Hankyung smiled a little and turned to face the teacher back.

******

                               Hankyung closed his locker, and rested his head on it for a while. Closing his eyes, breathed in deeply. He heard a footstep and turned, to see a beautiful figure approaching him. Approaching so beautifully. He was smiling sweetly, and both of his hand was placed inside his pocket. Hankyung smiled too and turned around to see there was no one else there.

                               That beautiful figure leaned his back on the locker next to him. They stared each other for a while.

“Stolen?” finally that guy named Heechul asked.

                               Hankyung chuckled a little.

“Then what else should I say?” Hankyung replied.

                               Heechul smiled again.

“You should tell them the truth,” Heechul said.

“No. Ever heard of ‘Everything is fair in love and war’? You did it out of love, so there is no way I will report you. Plus, Kangin knew nothing about this. He had tried his best in the examination. He didn’t cheat. If I told the principal about you, Kangin is the one that will receive the punishment, it makes everything to be more unfair,” Hankyung said.

                               Heechul smiled apologetically to him.

 “Is it your first time lying to the teachers?” he asked.

“Hm, yeah,” Hankyung asked.

“What did they told you?”

“Hm, well, they disappointed that I can’t completed the task. Maybe they shouldn’t give it to me at the first place, I’m not that great,” Hankyung said.

“You are great. You did solve it,” Heechul said and Hankyung smiled widen.

“Well, I can’t let they know it…” Hankyung said.

“Don’t. I would like to be the only one that knows how great you are…” Heechul said and that makes Hankyung’s heart beat faster.

“Heechul…” he said, again, trying to muster his encouragement to confess to Heechul.

“Hm?” Heechul answered him lovingly.

“I like you,” finally the word came out of his mouth.

                               Heechul’s eyes widen for a while, before he replaced it with a sweet smile.

“That was faster than I expected,” Heechul replied.

“W-what?” Hankyung asked, felt his face blushed for embarrassment.

“I knew you like me… But I expect it will take you longer to say it,” Heechul answered.

                               Hankyung released a sigh of relief.

“I’m glad you didn’t get mad at me,” Hankyung said again.

“Mad at you? You broke the rules for me. And everything happened was so interesting. I like you too, Hankyung. I’m glad you said it. I can’t wait for it any longer,” Heechul answered it.

                               Hankyung felt like flying. He was so happy now that everything he regretted before disappeared just like that.

“Urm..so… what should I do? Oh, I’m sorry I’m really not good in this…” Hankyung said and nervous a little, he had never confessed to anyone before, they are the one that confessed to him. Plus, this time it was with a guy. Heechul laughed.

“It’s okay. Well, maybe things will be awkward at the beginning. But I hope one day we can be like Kangin and Leeteuk hyung. I always envy them…” Heechul answered.

                               Hankyung smiled, yes he was awkward, but he wanted to show Heechul that he was anticipating it too. He took Heechul’s hand in his. Heechul was surprised, but again, a smile quickly spread across his face.

“Well, talking about Kangin and Leeteuk. The money we had won yesterday, let use it to pay for the hospital bill,” Hankyung said.

“Owh, really? But it’s your money! And I don’t think we can pay you in this short term.”

“I am the part of that ‘we’ now. I want to have Leeteuk and Kangin as family too. Family must help each other…” Hankyung said.

                               Heechul smiled. Oh, Hankyung loved it so much.

“And…” Hankyung continued.

“And?” Heechul asked.

“…And we need to explain to Kangin what had happened. He must be freak out now…” Hankyung said.

                               Heechul laughed.

“Yeah, I would love to surprise him,” he answered.

“Let’s go now,” Hankyung said, never let go of Heechul’s hand, as they walked to the entrance.

                               They passed the empty glass box without saying anything, well, they don’t have too. They both know where the left Converse shoe was placed now.

It was safely placed in Heechul's closet with its pair.

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AngelaMiina: Sorry, I really don't know how to write fluff. Urgh, I better stick up with angst.

I'm sorry if this didn't reach your expectation...

But still, please comment...I wanted to know that you had read this fic..

Anyway, thank you so much everyone ^^