Cinderella White Cart

Cinderella's Converse Shoe

 

                               Heechul smiled as soon as he saw Hankyung already there in the workshop the day after that. Good, because he really hate to wait. Hankyung turned when he heard someone and smiled too to see him.

“You are early,” Heechul said, sign of greeting.

“No, I just have some things to do,” Hankyung said and closed his book.

                               Then he took a seat in front of Heechul. Heechul took out his sketchbook.

“Wow...” that was his first expression.

                               Heechul had done a really good job. He not just sketching it but also labeling along with its measurement. Hankyung hid his own sketch and took Heechul’s.

“We will just continue with this. I’m 100 % agree,” he said.

“Ah, wae?? Let see yours first!” Heechul replied, even though he smiled.

“No. Mine is… I’m not good in drawing. Why don’t we just use the better—arck! Heechul~~” Hankyung said when Heechul took his sketch book even though he tried to shoved his hand.

                                Heechul looked at his drawing and smiled.

“It’s not that bad…” he said, but then he laughed. The epic laugh of him.

“Liar! Give me back!” Hankyung replied and struggled to snatch his book.

                               Heechul laughed again but finally gave Hankyung his book back.

“So… since you all do the measurement already why don’t we just go out buying the things?” Hankyung asked.

“Can we use your money first?” Heechul asked.

“Hm, yeah of course,” Hankyung replied.

                               After tidying up few things, both of them walked out of the workshop. They passed the hallway where the shoe was displayed, and stared at the box, but none of them said anything.

******

                               They went into few hardware stores already, finding the best and cheap material for the project. Hankyung was really happy having Heechul with him. He didn’t think he can do it if he is alone. Heechul is a talkative person, so everything went smoothly because the store’s owner helped them to find the things they needed too.

                               After a long walk, they decide to stop for some drinks. Hankyung paid for Heechul’s drink.

“Thank you for this. I’m afraid I don’t have enough money to pay for the project. Maybe later. I hope its okay for you..,” Heechul said.

“What? It’s Kangin who has to pay. You don’t have too…” Hankyung said.

                               The project took lots of his money. He just hopes that Kangin will pay for it too. Heechul has nothing to do with this project. Having him to help was more than enough. However, Heechul looked doubtful.

“Well… let me pay it. But maybe not in this short term…” Heechul said.

                               Hankyung frowned.

“Why you are so nice to him? He didn’t bully you, right? You have to do his work, and now you want to pay for his assignment too? He is so irresponsible. And he always brings problems in school too. I can’t imagine one having him as friend—“

“Don’t talk bad about him like you know him!!” Heechul suddenly said, almost shouted.

                               Hankyung was taken aback for a while. He stared at Heechul. Heechul was mad, yes. But it was only for a few moments. Heechul blinked few times, realized who was he talking to and take his gaze down.

“Sorry…” he murmured.

“It’s…okay…” Hankyung replied, still surprised.

                               The kept their silence for a quite long time. Then Hankyung spoke,

“I’m sorry. Maybe I didn’t know Kangin. That is all I can conclude for him from my point of view. Tell me then. Tell me how is him,” Hankyung said. He doesn’t want his new build friendship with Heechul become awkward like that.

                               Heechul sighed.

“No. I’m sorry. You are right. He is not like that to everyone,” he said.

“Then tell me how is him to you? I’m curious to know…” Hankyung said.

“Well, if you know him… he is really a nice person. He is caring and responsible. He has strong determination too. And hardworking. You can’t find any other friend like him…” Heechul said.

                               Hankyung laughed. He can’t imagine that. It must have been other Kangin. Not that sleepyhead, lazy, annoying Kangin he saw every day in the class. However Hankyung stops when Heechul glared him.

“Okay, okay… explain then. Because I can’t see it…” Hankyung said.

“Because you didn’t know him at all. He takes a really good care of me, and…” Heechul trailed off.

“And…?”

                               Heechul sighed again.

“Maybe I shouldn’t tell you this. Just forget it,” Heechul said, sipping his drinks.

“Why not? I would like to know it. Other side of him. How did you know him, anyway?” Hankyung asked.

                               Again, Heechul looked doubtful.

“Can I tell you this?”

“Why not?”

“Well, you are a head-student…”

“Why? Did he do something wrong?”

“No,” Heechul said immediately. “It just…this is the thing that the students in the school shouldn’t know, especially a head student. But I really want to show you how nice Kangin is…”

                               Hankyung stayed silence for a while.

“Then I’ll listen for it as me. Right now I’m just your friend. I won’t tell the head student about this,” Hankyung said.

                               Heechul smiled.

 “Promise?”

“Promise,” Hankyung replied.

                               Heechul looked like he is at ease now.

“Well, Kangin is dating my brother,” Heechul said.

                               At that time Hankyung was left speechless.

“Your brother?” he asked, afraid that he misheard that.

“Yeah. My brother Leeteuk. He is few years older than you and Kangin. I didn’t know how they met, but their relationship had last more than two years now,” Heechul answered, ignoring Hankyung surprised expression.

 “So… Kangin likes guy??” Hankyung asked.

“He likes my brother. I don’t know about other guy.”

“I… didn’t expect that…” Hankyung said.

                               Kangin was famous in school to be a student that loves to annoy other students, especially girls. Whenever he was around, girl’s shouts and screams always can be heard. And he always was being brought to detention because of that. So that is why. He wanted to cover that he actually loves a guy?

“Teuki hyung is the only family I have. And with Kangin, I feel like we are in a complete family. Kangin hyung take a really good care of me and Teuki hyung. He had sacrificed lots of things for us. He is like my own hyung, my father, and my best friend. I am willing to do anything for him too,” Heechul said.

                               Hankyung was still surprised, but nodded slowly.

 “Well, you promised this…” Heechul said.

“I promised. It just…I’m surprised,” Hankyung said again.

“Good. Don’t tell Kangin I told you this!”

“I won’t. Hm…What do you think about it? When you first know it?” Hankyung asked.

“Well, I am not that surprised. Girl or guy, the important thing is he is happy,” Heechul said again.

“Hm, maybe you are right. Wow… I would like to meet your brother… I want to know the guy that had succeed in taking Kangin’s heart,” Hankyung said.

                               Suddenly Heechul’s expression turned dull.

“What time is it? I think I need to go now,” Heechul said.

“Hm yeah, you are right. Well, about the project. We can start it tomorrow, right?” Hankyung asked, tried to bring the bright mood back. Heechul smiled a little.

“Yeah, of course. See you tomorrow,”

******

                               After that, Hankyung’s see Kangin in a total different side. Even though he looked like a zombie in class, Hankyung see him as someone’s boyfriend, not just a regular boyfriend, but boyfriend to a guy, an older guy. He would have never imagined Kangin to have a lovey dovey side, and he interested to know more about their life. Kangin, Heechul and that guy Leeteuk.

                               However, every time Leeteuk’s name was mentioned, Heechul will change the topic and stay quiet. Hankyung hated that so he didn’t mention Leeteuk’s name anymore. They had started their project, and everything goes smoothly as they wanted. Even Donghae had pouted in jealousy to seen his half-done project. But no one knew that he made it with Heechul.

                               Heechul had become his secret friend. And times to meet Heechul had become his favorite time of the day. He had addicted to Heechul husky voice, Heechul loud laugh, and his dimpled smile. Heechul can turn sweet to temper in just a split second, and sometime when he was annoyed, Heechul loves to hit his shoulder. They had so much fun in succeeding the project.

And the project had made him forgot the shoe.

******

                              After countless time of failure, finally their robotic horses can walk around the track perfectly. Now everything seemed to be easier. From the thought of just to finish the project, Hankyung was sure they can win the competition too. And he wanted to win this; he wanted to have good memories with Heechul.

                               They had split the work after that. Hankyung was in charge to make the cart, and Heechul take lead in decorating the track.

                               Their minds must have become synchronized, because the model came out perfectly. Their white horses and cart ‘gallops’ proudly on the wonderland-like track made by Heechul. Like he once said, like a Cinderella. Heechul even placed few cute models of pumpkins, mice and birds on the side of the track. And a Barbie doll dressed like a princess waiting at a corner.

“Perfect, Heechul,” Hankyung said after they had test the model for the last time.

                               The day after that was the day of the competition. Hankyung was sure, not just his thought now, that they will win this.

“Make sure you learn how to control it right. Because you are on your own tomorrow,” Heechul said.

“Why??” Hankyung immediately asked. His excitement drained out.

“Well, this is supposed to be your project with Kangin, remember? And he is the one that should go tomorrow,” Heechul said.

                               Hankyung sat down. He has no mood at all now.

“You can be there. It’s an open competition. How can I do this alone?” Hankyung asked.

“Well, you want to work on this alone at first, right?”

“At first. Now I need you,” Hankyung said truthfully.

                               Heechul looked at him and smiled. Then he sat next to him, watching their beautiful cart and track.

“Well, I’m here only to help you finish the project, for Kangin to graduate. And now it has finished, so my job is done,” Heechul said.

“Help me win this competition then…I’m sure we can win,” Hankyung said.

“You want to win this? Will you share the prize with Kangin if you win?” Heechul asked.

“Not with Kangin but with you. Then you can give it to Kangin if you want,”

“Fine. What did we get if we win?”Heechul asked.

“I can’t remember how much…”

“We get money???” Heechul asked, his eyes widen.

“Er… yeah!”

“How much??” Heechul asked, placing his hand on both side of Hankyung’s shoulder, like he can see the answer in his eyes.

“I think its 300000 won…”

“300000 won???? You have to win this!! You have to!!” Heechul said.

“Ahh…I… I hope so….” Hankyung answered.

“Please win. You can do it, Hankyung! Trust me.…” Heechul said.

                               Then he picked his bag. It’s late already.

“I have to go. Remind Kangin to come tomorrow. I wish you luck, Hankyung,” Heechul said and leave.

                                Hankyung was left there. He felt so much lonely. Is that it? Is that his last met with Heechul after all their happy times together? Hankyung stared at the model again. No more excitement. He felt really sad. He needs Heechul.

                               Did he just say it to Heechul? Yeah, he needs him, not only for the model but for everything. After Heechul told him the story of Kangin and Leeteuk, Hankyung had new perception of love. Ahh~~ so two guys can fall in love with each other too…

                               He was not sure it has to do with this or not…but he thinks he likes Heechul.

******

                               Heechul sighed. What has he done? He can’t sleep. Images of Hankyung keep appeared. Before this, he slept with the thought of meeting Hankyung again for the next day, so he falls asleep happily because he wanted the day to come faster. But now? No no no, Kim Heechul, you can’t fall for him. You can’t.

                               He knew he likes Hankyung. He was sad knowing that their project was over. Hm, maybe it was only as a friend, since they had spent much great time together. He really likes it when Hankyung said he needed him. But of course Hankyung needed him for that project. Hankyung was straight; he was so surprised that Kangin had dated a guy. He probably disgusted with it too, so, no Kim Heechul, don’t be like your brother.

                                Heechul sighed. And there was other reason too why he must keep his distant from Hankyung….

                               His phone rang and Heechul sat up in surprised. Who would call him this time?? It’s 3 am in the morning!!! He looked at the phone screen to see its Kangin. His heart beating fast.

“Hello? Hyung what is it?” Heechul asked in a tremble voice.

“Heechul! I thought you had slept already!” Kangin’s voice was heard, he seemed to be happy, it made Heechul ease a little.

“Why hyung? Is something happened?”

“He woke up, Heechul-ah!!!!!!!!!” Kangin almost shouted to the phone.

                               Heechul’s eyes widen and he quickly gets up of the bed.

“He woke up??? Really?? When, how? What…” he stuttered, too many things to ask.

“Few minutes ago!! I was sleeping, but his fingers twitched in mine, so I wake up and keep calling his name, and finally he opened his eyes!!!!”

“So he really wakes up??” Heechul asked, can’t stay still anymore.

“Yeah, he did! But he still can’t speak. Now the doctors made few check up on him. I’m so happy, Heechul~ah!!!”

“Are you crying?” Heechul asked, even though there were tears in his eyes as well.

“Of course you idiot!” Kangin scold him and they both laughed in tears.

“I will be there!” Heechul said, grabbing his sweater.

“No, no… Visitors are not allowed at this time. Plus tomorrow morning he still has few checks up, since he had been unconscious for a really long time. You can come at 12 pm. Don’t worry Heechul ah, I’ll take care of him.”

“Thank you, hyung…”

“Go back to sleep, Heechul.”

“I won’t be able to sleep…”

“I know. Hm, Heechul can you do me a favor?”

“What, hyung?”

******

                               Hankyung sat there in discomfort. Their beautiful model was placed at the front of the hall, with the others. Of course, it had attracted the most students, especially girls. Hankyung can’t imagine if he just sticks to his first robot plan, it would be a shame to him since he is the head student.

                               Lots of people said that he will win. But for now, he was nervous. Like he said yesterday, he needed Heechul. He had called Kangin yesterday and that guy promised to come. It means he won’t be able to see him again.

                               He can’t sleep yesterday thinking about Heechul. And now he is certain, he likes Heechul. If he had a chance to meet him again, he will tell Heechul that.

“Now, the demonstration for no 13,” the MC called.

                               Hankyung stood. Everyone applauded, knowing that the beautiful model was his. He glanced around. Where is Kangin…? He stepped to the front and get extremely nervous. Suddenly he forgot how to operate the things. How is it? The red button then turns the black? What for gear and what for coordination??

                               Hankyung stood there nervously. Suddenly there was too much button to handle. He tried to calm himself and remember the step back. The camera flashed here and there, the judges anticipated him in full hope, the students and the teachers expect something amazing….and there he was, not knowing what to do…

                               Hankyung pressed the button according to what he remembered, but the horses didn’t move. The whispers started to be heard. He took a deep breath, and tried again, but failed.

“I’m sorry…I made this with my friend. And he wasn’t here now, so…”

                               The door opened, everyone was distracted and looked who is coming. There he was, appeared beautifully that Kim Heechul. Hankyung smiled widely and almost can feel the strength gets back to him. Everyone in the hall didn’t mind Heechul at all, they turned back to see Hankyung and murmured because Heechul had interrupted the session.

                               But not for Hankyung. He stared at Heechul that made his way through the aisle. Like a princess that made a grant entrance. Heechul’s face was sparkle with pure happiness, something that Hankyung had never saw before. Hankyung half expected to see Heechul goes straight to him, but of course not, Heechul sat down at one of the chair, pretending to be the audience. His eyes then when down to the remote that Hankyung held.

 “Turn it around!” Hankyung read Heechul’s lips.

                               Hankyung turned the remote around, and laughed at his ‘babo’ness. He the main switch, and when he pressed other button, the horse started to move. Cheers and applause filled the hall, as their cart glides beautifully and magically on the beautiful track. But Hankyung’s eyes wasn’t on them, because it was fixed to his beautiful guy.

“Awww…..” filled the hall when the cart finally reached the princess. And there was applause again.

                                The judges thanked him, and after bowed few times, Hankyung get back to his seat. How he wished he can sit next to Heechul, but no, he stayed with Donghae and Eunhyuk, that congratulate him. He keeps staring at Heechul that was few feet away, and so did Heechul, that seemed so proud of him.

                               All the contestants had showed their models, and the winner was about to announce. Lots of people looked at him, well, the result was obvious. His model was the best. Few models that could shake his glory was already announced to be the third and second place winner; which is Donghae’s and Eunhyuk’s, and now it might be his turn.

“And the winner is…”

                               Everyone in the hall chanting his name. Heechul smiled.

“Yeah of course, you all knew it already! Our best model today, Number 13, Cinderella’s White Cart by Hankyung and Kangin!!!”

                               The applause and cheers filled the hall again. Hankyung walked proudly to shake hand with the judges, and taking pictures, and received the prizes. The cheque and a hamper. All students and teacher congratulate him without knowing the true winner just stay quietly at one corner, smiling proudly to him.

                               The ceremony finally ended. Donghae and Eunhyuk congratulated him again before disappeared somewhere, of course, they want to divide their prizes too. Hankyung stand there waited everyone to evacuate the hall. After few last congratulate words from the teacher, the hall was left empty. With only him and Heechul left. Heechul smiled to him.

“Congratulations…” he said.

                               Hankyung held the urge to go hug and kiss the boy.

“Hm, no… Congratulation to you…” he said. The he signed Heechul to come near him.

“I thought you won’t be here. I had called Kangin yesterday and he said he will come…” Hankyung said.

“Well, Kangin asked me to come here for him,” Heechul replied.

“Really? The you should come to the front too just now!”

                               Heechul laughed.

“No need. You did it well.”

“Well, thanks for coming. I really can’t do it without you…”

                               Heechul smiled. Hankyung’s heart beats like crazy. Now or never, Hankyung! You might never meet him anymore after this, so you must say it now!!

“Heechul, there is something I want to tell you…” Hankyung said, arranging words.

“I know. You wanted to thank me for helping you finishing the project and for the win. No need, Hankyung, I have so much fun too, and I want to thank you for that,” Heechul said.

“Ahh… that. Hm, well, that is one thing… But…there is something else…” Hankyung stuttered.

“What is it?” Heechul asked.

                               Hankyung breathe in deeply.

“Well, doing this with you… I had learned few things. Of course, we had so much fun together, and I keep looking for you even though we are out of the workshop. You are really a great company. Now that this had end, I don’t want our friendship to end too…” Hankyung said.

                               Heechul smiled.

“Of course…” he replied.

“I think you are amazing…” Hankyung continued and Heechul laughed. His face blushed.

“I think you are amazing too…” Heechul said. This time Hankyung felt his face blushed.

“I’m glad that you think like that of me. Well, Heechul…. I want to ask you…”

                               Heechul looked at him.

“What is it?” he asked tenderly.

                               Now or never, Hankyung!

“Would you…”

 

                RRriiiiiiiiiiiinggggggg!!!

 

                               Hankyung stop when Heechul was being distracted by the school’s bell.

 

“Is it twelve already???” Heechul asked in panic.

“Er…yeah…” Hankyung answered; a little bit annoyed by the fact he can’t finished his sentence.

“Really?? Then I have to go!! Thanks Hankyung, I have a great time, but I have to leave now. Thanks again!” Heechul said in rush and ran outside, leaving Hankyung alone startled with the rest of the bell’s sound.