Meeting the guy named Heechul

Cinderella's Converse Shoe

 

“…until that, the examination result will be suspended. You can go back to class now,” Mr. Soo Man ended his speech and the whining and complaining of the students was heard as they dragged their feet to the class.

“Be quiet; go back to your class…” Hankyung instructed the buzzing students.

“Hankyung…” Mr. Soo Man called.

“Yes, sir.”

“We can’t suspend the examination result forever. I want you to quickly find the bandit, you understand me?”

“Yes, sir. But the shoe can’t help much. I have few suggestions, sir. First, I’m going to ask few of them that I suspected. And I think the teachers also can start marking the papers. See if any of the students show strange changes of grades. And if is, we can see if they compatible to the case,” Hankyung explained while Mr. Soo Man nodding.

“That is why I can count on you. Tell me if there is anything suspicious.”

“I get it, sir.”

“Now go back to your class.”

*****

“KANGIN!!!!”

                The class was surprised by the teacher’s shout and turned around to see what Kangin had done. He was obviously just waked up from his sleep after hearing the teacher’s shout.

“Stand up! Seriously! I’m tired of hearing other teacher’s complains about you. Don’t you sleep last night? What are you doing??”

“I’m study…” Kangin replied sleepily.

“Study of what? Examination is over. If it is other student I will believe them but you, huh, must be partying and drinking again. Don’t you dare to sit down and hear what I am going to say,” the teacher said again.

                   The whole class was feeling the tension. Teachers get moody easily these days, due to the trespassing cases. And the last thing they needed was someone tried to piss those teachers off. But Kangin doesn’t seem to care. Hankyung shook his head; he was always annoyed with Kangin, the troublemaker of the class. The teacher continued what she said before being interrupted before.

“You know the Robotic Contest that coming right? The number of contestant is too little so I want to make that as your assignment. You all have to participate that contest. Winning or not is side story, I just want to see the robotic model. Don’t whine, this assignment is important because it takes 40% of your mark.  You must do this assignment in partner. You can choose your partner now.”

                      The whole class started to make noise again, groaning because they were forced to enter that competition and choosing their partner. Since the number of students in the class was even, it meant everyone would have a partner.

“You and me… We even going to win that competition,” Donghae said to Hankyung and place a hand on his best friend’s shoulder.

“Of course…” Hankyung laughed.

“Yes, Eunhyuk?” the teacher said, eyeing the student name Eunhyuk that held up his hand.

“I… I don’t have partner. I don’t want…” he said stuttering and slowly eyeing Kangin that was sleeping back while standing and leaning against the wall.

“Oh my god, Kangin. What should I do with this guy…?” the teacher seemed to be miserable as he is.

                She eyed the class for a while before pinned her eyes to Hankyung and Donghae. They all knew already what she going to say.

“Hankyung… Can you change partner? Let Donghae partner with Eunhyuk and you be with Kangin. I believe you are able to control him more than Eunhyuk.”

“But…”

“I know, I’m sorry. But I believe you can do it. You are the head student…” the teacher persuaded him with her sweet smile.

                      Hankyung nodded forcefully and looked at Donghae. Donghae patted his back.

“Not enough I have to find the shoe’s owner, now I have to partner with him…” Hankyung blabbered.

                      He glanced at Kangin and down to his shoes, Kangin was one of his suspect, but seeing that Kangin’s shoes is bigger than the one he found, the thought disappeared immediately. Plus, Kangin doesn’t seemed to be the type that too eager to get the best result by risking to trespass the office.

*****

                       Hankyung glanced at his watch. Kangin was late. Why he didn’t even surprised?

                      He had told Kangin to meet him in the school’s workshop after their class end to discuss the project, but of course, whether Kangin had forgot about that, or purposely missing it.

                      It was fortunate that he expected that, so he already prepared other things to do. He ped his bag and took out a shoe covered in a plastic bag. He had been taking the shoe anywhere likes a crazy person, half-expecting to see a student wearing unmatched shoe with one of it matching with the shoe in his hand.

                     He examined the shoe again although he did that thousands time already. It was a Converse shoe. Like that going to give the clue of its owner. It was a black and white shoe with a white star on its side. That won’t help either. Its size was 260nm. Well, that might help a little. The shoe must be newly bought, because it’s still pretty, or the owner is a person that taking care of its things well.

                    And that was it. Why don’t people write their name on their shoe like they used to do when they were kids? It would be a big help then. Hankyung sighs. The shoe is not helping at all. If it was in the movie he might just bring the shoe to the Crime Investigation Labs and Bingo! The owner will be caught! But there was nothing like that here.

 

“Is that the trespasser’s shoe?” a voice was heard and made Hankyung jumped out in surprised.

“Oh! Kangin! You surprised me!” Hankyung exclaimed.

“Sorry. How about the assignment?” Kangin asked directly.

“Erm, I didn’t think about it yet. That is why we are here. Take a sit,” Hankyung said.

“I’m afraid I have to hurry. Can you just call me after you think what to do?”

                        Hankyung looked at him, Kangin do looked like he is not staying.

“But we have to think about it together!”

“Hm, well, I will think about it. Now I can leave, right?” Kangin asked again.

                    Hankyung sighed in furious. He turned his attention back to the shoe.

“Go!” he said.

                      Kangin approached him. Staring at the shoe as well.

“Any idea who might be it?” Kangin asked.

                     Hankyung shook his head.

“You can put the shoe at the school entrance as display you know. So other student can see it too. Who knows some of them recognize the shoe. They can make a report. You can reward them too,” Kangin said.

                    Hankyung turned to him. The idea was great but why did it has to come from him?

“Why do you want to help me?” Hankyung asked.

“I’m just curious to know who is brave enough to do it.”

“Brave? I think it’s stupid. Once he gets caught, everything will be over.”

 “Stupid, but brave. I wish I have such determination,” Kangin said.

“I won’t break into school’s office just to change my answers, it’s not worth it,” Hankyung replied.

“Well, obviously it is worth it for someone.”

“Don’t you say you have somewhere to go?” Hankyung asked.

“Yeah. I’ll leave first. See you next time!” Kangin said and ran outside.

“Meet me here tomorrow!!” Hankyung shouted.

                   He then stood up and sat in front of the computer in the room. He looked through the list of the school’s student name that he opened before.

There were 1310 students in this school. No, too much.

                      He searched the list of name for the high senior only.

 262 students. That was slightly better. The examination papers inside the office were belonged to the high senior students, so it must be them who broke in to change their answers.

                      He knew he sound so stupid, but he was determined to find who did it, and he will use the proof found with all his might. Hankyung printed out the name list. And he took the pencil to cross out few names he guessed to be too big or too small for the shoe. He wanted to know the shoe’s size for all high senior students, so it will reduce the number of suspects. Whether asking them directly or forcing them to show it, he is going to do it.

*****

                          Kangin ran through the cubicles. The nurses glared at him but he just ignored them.  Ah, he shouldn’t stop to talk to Hankyung just now. He came to a halt when he reached where his destination. Then he saw Heechul was already there, surprised as well to see him.

“Hyung! Where have you been?” Heechul asked in a low tone.

“Meeting Hankyung. Now how is he??” Kangin asked, looked down to a pale, bruised form that lay weakly on the bed.

“He is just like this. Why would you meet Hankyung? Who is Hankyung? The head student??” Heechul asked.

“I don’t think there is other student name Hankyung in that school. So yes, him,” Kangin replied and sat.

“Why?” Heechul asked. Kangin didn’t realize Heechul’s face had turned white.

“Assignment. I have to do it with him,” Kangin replied.

“Owh… I thought it was… hm, well…why did you have to pair with him? Out of other people?” Heechul asked again, somehow feel relieved.

“Teacher made me. Well, it’s a good thing isn’t it? He can make it for me! I can’t do things like that. Robotic and stuff…”

“Won’t he get mad at you later?”

“I don’t care.”

 “What if he tells the teacher that you didn’t do the work?”

“Told you. I don’t care.”

“What is that assignment for? Is it important?”

“Yeah..Part of our mark…”

“It means you can’t graduate if didn’t do the assignment?”

“Hmm…” Kangin answered; lost interest. He is more interested in staring at the lying form in front of him.

“Then you should do it…”

“No. Hankyung can do it for me…”

*****

 “You are genius!” Donghae said to his best friend.

                        They were standing at the entrance, watching a group of students that surrounded the shoe like the bee on their hive. He had placed the shoe at the school entrance as suggested. He even put it in the glass box afraid that other people will steal it.

“Well, ironically, the idea comes from Kangin,” Hankyung replied.

“Owh, really? Hm , I thought he is useless. So how is your project going?” Donghae asked, both of them started to leave the place.

“Nothing. He runs away. If he didn’t come this afternoon too, I will make the project by myself.”

“Hm, that is better than waiting for him, but it will be hard for you to do it alone. Just tell me if you need help. And you can report him to the teacher too,” Donghae suggested.

“Thanks. How is yours by the way?” Hankyung asked.

“Me? So far so good. Eunhyuk wasn’t shy as he usually is. He is quite talkative once you know him. And he is funny too. You better make your project a big hit or we will win,” Donghae joked and Hankyung pouted.

*****

One week had passed.

                    Hankyung received piles of report about the shoe but none of it is relevant. Some of them were just having same shoes with that one and some of them were just prank for him.

                     Kangin had never showed his face for the assignment anymore and Hankyung already started the project. With all the jobs he gets, he didn’t think about winning the competition anymore. He just wanted to finish the assignment, so he designed just a simple robot, out from the instruction manual, the one that simply can walk for a round of track. So he can focus more on finding the owner of the shoe.

                      The teachers started marking the examination papers too. Overall there are seven subjects of examination papers that were stored in the office that night, so they are not sure whether the trespasser changed his answer in just one particular paper or all seven.

                       However, there were no such things as weird changes of mark of the students. Some of them are unexpectedly improved, but the teachers can guarantee it is true because it comes from their hard works. And some of the weird changes are really making the teacher curious, and the students were called and questioned.

                       They were asked things such as, ridiculously; shoe size, and their alibi, which they can proved easily; since that night is the night of the last paper and most of them are having party, so there are lots of eyewitnesses on where they are.  So maybe they did well simply because of luck.

Again, they lost clue on how to find the trespasser.

*****

                      Hankyung tossed the sheet of the name list away and rubbed his temple. He was in the workshop again. The materials to make the robotic car also shattered on the table. He did nothing much, the model doesn’t looks like a robot at all. Other group’s project was starting already, including Donghae’s and Eunhyuk’s. He was so jealous of them. Donghae promised to help him but since Hankyung is busy, he hasn’t met Donghae much. 

Hankyung sighed.

“May I come in?”

                      Hankyung turned to see who is talking. From the voice before he knew it’s a guy but looking at him now, made Hankyung think about it twice. She He is so beautiful, has a pair of big eyes and a perfectly shaped eyebrows, milky white skin, and a long brown hair. His gaze was so sharp and deep. And he was wearing collared pink shirt, and had a headphone around his neck. Cherry on top.

                        How can a guy be so perfectly beautiful like that?

“Are you busy?” that guy asked again, snatching Hankyung from his amazement.

“Ah, er, no… may I help you?” Hankyung asked, he thinks he had never seen this guy before, or simply just too busy to watch other people.

“I’m… are you the one that making the assignment with Kangin?” that guy asked.

“Yeah. Why?”

“Did he do his work?” that guy asked again. Hankyung frowned.

“Er… no. And may I ask why you ask that?”

“Are you going to finish the work alone and just freely share the mark with Kangin or you going to report him to the teacher?” that guy asked again, ignoring Hankyung’s words.

“Well, it depends on my mood…” Hankyung answered him.

                         That beautiful stranger slowly nodded and takes a look at the room.

“Then… what if I help you with his work, and in return, you won’t report him?” that guy asked again, looking at the pathetic shape of Hankyung’s not-look-like-a-robot robot.

“You want to replace Kangin in this assignment?” Hankyung confirming what he heard.

“Not replacing but… yeah, helping…”

“Who are you? I don’t think I ever see you before…” Hankyung asked.

                   That guy sighed.

“Maybe you are not looking. I’m Heechul, hm, your junior. I’m one year younger,” the guy said again.

“Heechul… hm..why you want to help Kangin?” Hankyung asked again.

“He is my friend,” the guy name Heechul answered.

“That is still not a good reason…”

“I think by letting this you will help other teachers too. You know all of them want him to graduate. And I’m here to help both of you…”

“That is so nice of you, but I don’t think I want to do this with you, especially a junior. I prefer to do it alone,” Hankyung answered.

“If you won’t report Kangin then I’ll leave you alone.”

 “I won’t do that.”

“I won’t do that either.”

                        Hankyung narrowed his eyes to that guy name Heechul.

“Well, then we are in this together,” Hankyung says.

                       Heechul smiled. So pretty.

“Good. Tell the teacher that Kangin is doing the work. And don’t tell Kangin that I’m doing his work.”

“Well… that is weird but whatever, as long as the project is done.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll help you. So, what are you planning to do?”

“Just a simple one…At least something that can walk for one round of track…”

                               Heechul bowed down to see the ‘robot’.

“Seriously…what is this?” he laughed and picking up the robot.

“Shut up! I just want to make one. I have so many things to do you know!” Hankyung answered.

“Okay, okay. Well, I wonder how you want to do this alone. Hm..what actually you plan to do? A human robot? Car?” Heechul asked and took a seat.

“I don’t care…”

“How can you?? You are a head student! It would be a shame if you just come out with something simple…” Heechul said again with his natural husky voice.

“Aisy… then help me. Give me ideas…” Hankyung said and sat down as well.

“Well, other people might have done the car, human or the animal robot. We need something different. Why don’t we combine it?”

“It will be too much complicated…”

“Ani, Ani..Let’s do it my way.. I think..” Heechul said and started to concentrate. Hankyung watched him and smiled. Heechul obviously types that like to lead people his way. Well, maybe it’s a gift to have this guy helping him.

“Let’s do a cart!” Heechul said.

“A…a cart?” Hankyung asked back, imaging a cow pulling a cart.

“Yeah. We just need to design the horses as the robot, and let them pull the cart!” Heechul said in an excited voice. Oh, so it’s a horse cart…, Hankyung thought.

 “Well, it seemed to be a good idea…” he said.

“It is!! And the track…we can make a model of castle and park..fairy-tale like..Cinderella!” Heechul said, started to sketch something in his note.

                                Hankyung smiled. So this guy likes this kind of style, huh?

“I think it will turn out good…” Hankyung said.

“When will we start this? I think we have to design the horses first…” Heechul said.

 “Well, we can sketch it all first. Are you busy tomorrow? Let show what we had sketch, and then we can go to the hardware shop to buy things..Then we can start the project,” Hankyung said.

“Okay. I will sketch it first. And I will come tomorrow,” Heechul answered.

                               Both of them stood up. Then Heechul saw the name list on the table next to them. He took the name list and turned his back from Hankyung, he doesn’t want to show Hankyung his nervous face.

“What…what is this?” he asked, although he thinks he knows the answer.

                               Hankyung that was tidying up the table turned to him.

“Owh..that is the name list for high-senior. The one that were suspected to be the trespasser..” Hankyung answered.

“Owh…” Heechul pretend to answer, and turned the pages to see Kangin’s named had been through. He takes a breath of relieved and put the list name down. Then he turned to Hankyung and pretend to smile.

“Well…” Hankyung said, taking out his cell phone.

“Can I have your number?”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AngelaMIina: Well, as I promised...My Kyumin fic just finished yesterday *cries* so now I will be in this fic.

How is it the first chap? You might be confused a little,

Yeah, here, Heechul is one year younger than Hankyung, Kangin, Donghae and Eunhyuk. I know its weird, but you can imagine it, right?

but well, stay tuned if you want to know what actually happened and the connections between them...

tell me how is it, ne? thanks for subscribe ^^