Chapter Seven

THE FLOWER BOYS: MAY YOUR LOVE BLOOM

 

You downed the entire first glass of wine in a heartbeat as Kai started to laugh so hard. Both of you were sitting on the floor in front of his coffee table with a wine bottle and half empty to empty wine glasses. Kai's back fell to the floor as he held his stomach, laughing so loud and childishly that it seemed inhuman coming from Kai. He had never laughed so hard at you in his life. You took the bottle and poured yourself another glass. Kai sat up, wiping what looked like tears in his eyes. 
 
 
 
"So this is what Kai does when he laughs really hard?" You say to yourself as you remember the time when Kai had took you to a noreabang.
 
He had wanted you to sing and you knew for the life of you that you could not. But he kept on insisting. You tried to get a way out of it but you knew you could not. So you ended up singing the Happy Birthday song to him. When you were done, Kai looked like he was ready to burst out in an explosive matter. But he had held it back then. Now, he was letting it out and you were seeing his true colors.
 
 
"So you thought that I had a girlfriend when I was really talking about my dog...Monggu?" he said and busted out in laughter. 
 
 
You tried to drain the whole 2nd glass down but Kai wouldn't let you. He took the glass away from you and drained the rest of it down for you. You stared at him as he set the glass down and his lips casually. You would pay to see him do that action again in slow motion. 
 
 
"Don't drink so much. I want us to be sober enough tonight to talk." he told you. 
 
"If you hadn't talked as if you had a real girlfriend..."
 
"Just think of it as payback. For kissing Luhan." he said not looking you in the eye. 
 
 
 
You become quiet, not expecting him to bring THAT up. Kai cleared his throat and started talking. 
 
 
 
"I haven't dated a woman seriously since we had broken up. I couldn't even maintain a good relationship for at least 3 months. You can say I sort of resorted back to my old ways before I had met you." he said. 
 
 
Hearing that made you feel better yet uneasy. If Kai didn't date seriously, then your sure that he had women to "compensate" his loneliness from time to time. Just thinking about Kai being with another girl bothers you. 
 
 
 
"What about you? Did you date someone? Or are you dating someone now?" he asked. 
 
 
 
You sigh to yourself, hoping this conversation had not come up. You did not want to talk about that fool who did you wrong. But you were talking to Kai. You always felt like you could tell him anything and he would understand. You smile as your speaking.
 
 
"I did date someone. It was getting quite serious too." You told him.
 
"Really? Did you like him a lot?" he asked you.
 
"I did. I liked him very much. He was really nice and smart too. I don't think I've met anyone as intelligent as him before. He was very confident and head strong about his opinions. Good looking, popular....a guy a girl could dream of having at least once in their lifetime. Or so I use to think that way.” You said to him. 
 
 
What Kai say’s next, you can hear the shift of disappointment in his tone. 
 
 
 
“Was he that great?” he asked you.
 
“He was.” You said. 
 
“For how long did you two see each other?” he asked now picking up his own wine glass and draining it down. 
 
 
“For a year.” 
 
 
Kai almost choked on his wine. He coughed and you rushed over to pat his back. He said that he was fine and wanted you to sit back down. 
 
 
“Are you okay?” 
 
“For a year...you dated him? Did you love him?” he asked seriously now. 
 
 
 
Kai was getting upset. You felt like you were telling him too much. But for some reason, you wanted him to know. You felt as if he deserved to know.
 
 
 
 
“I did love him. I thought I loved him.” You said. 
 
“But...” 
 
“Can we not go down that road? All I know is that...we are not’t together any more. Let’s leave it at that.” 
 
 
 
The silence between the both of you was endearing as you both sat there not knowing what to say.   
 
 
“I regretted it.” Kai said suddenly breaking the silence. 
 
“Regretted what?” 
 
“The day you left me at the airport...I wanted to run after you and drag you on that airplane with me. I wanted us to start a new life together in California. I had so many plans for us....I thought I wouldn't’t have been able to take it if I had let you go, that last day you saw me at the airport.” he said. 
 
 
You were speechless as he told you this. Kai looked intently into your eyes now, as he came closer to you. He reached out and grabbed your hand that had rested on your knees. He held on tight, never wanting to let go. 
 
 
 
“When I got on that plane I thought what will I do with you in my life anymore? How would I even deal with living in a foreign place anymore when I don’t have you?” he said. 
 
 
His words were deep. It blew you away the way Kai’s incredible mind thought. 
 
 
“When you were about to leave...I really wanted to kiss you.” he said. 
 
 
Then without warning, he leaned forward and kissed your lips ever so soft and tenderly. Once he was done, his face still close to your’s, his breath on your cheeks he said....
 
 
“And I really wanted to hold you.” 
 
 
 
Now he wrapped his arms around you. His grip on you was tight  but so warm and comfortable. You could spend forever in his arms. 
 
 
“I never forgot this ppang. And I never will. Even if we are miles apart, even if we are not’t together. I would always want to see you...to touch you...” he said in your ear. 
 
 
Kai pulled back from you and looked into your eyes with such intensity and fire. Kai wanted you. That’s all he ever wanted was you.
 
 
“Ppang...this violet of yours...loved you. And unto this very day...this violet of yours...still loves you.” he said. 
 
 
The words that came out of his mouth felt like melted butter. So soft and mellow. The things Kai say’s...it nearly sweeps you off your feet. You don’t know what to do but to confess that you too....
 
 
“Jongin...this ppang of yours...loved you and always will love you.” You tell him. 
 
 
He’s still looking at you seriously. No smiles. No grins. You both had just confessed your love for each other. It was as if fireworks had been set off between you two. (That and the liquor was working it’s mystic magic). Without words, Kai kissed you with more force and aggression. If there was one you missed, it was the sweet kisses from Kai. But it seems the kisses that Kai passed to you now were more mature and...ually arousing.