In It For The Long Run

Can This Turn Into Something More?

 

You smiled as your phone rang, signaling you had gotten a text.

I’m off in about 20. Want to meet up? It’s important ~ Yunnie’

You frowned, trying to figure out what he wanted to talk about. You don’t remember doing anything that would cause him to get mad and your relationship had been going great. He wasn’t breaking up with you, was he? You sent a reply, telling him to meet you at the park. It was a mid-way point between his dorm and your apartment and it was almost 1AM so no one would be there. It was a perfect plan. You sighed and began to pack your things up, grabbing your bag and walking towards the park. About fifteen minutes later you arrived and decided to sit on the bench until Yunho got there. You thought back to your relationship so far. Of course, with Yunho being an idol, it got rather hard sometimes. But you cared about him and he seemed to care about you too, so that was enough. You haven’t told him you loved him yet, given he hadn’t either. You started to wonder whether it was ever going to happen. You heard the intro to one of TVXQ’s songs and looked around confusedly. You saw a gazebo across the sidewalk that suddenly burst with color and you noticed roses were wrapped around it. Your eyes widened when you saw JaeJoong and Junsu emerge from one side and Yoochun and Changmin on the other.

Haruman nibangui chimdaega dwegoship

Do dasuhi pogunhi nae pume gamssa ango jaeugo shipo

Aju jagun dwichogimdo noui joguman sogsagime

Nan ggumsogui gwemurdo l gyonae borir tende

Naega obnun noui haru oddohge hulloganun gonji

Narur ormana saranghanunji nan nomuna gunggumhande

Noui jagun sorab sogui irgijangi dwego shipo

Ar su obnun noui gubimirdo

Nae mamsoge damadullae no mollae

Haruman noui goyangiga dwegoshipo

Niga junun mainun uyowa buduroun nipumaneso

Yunho walked onto the gazebo, staring straight at you. Tears started to fill your eyes.

Umjiginun jangnanedo noui gweyoun ibmachume

Nado mollae jirthurur nuggigo issona bwa

The boys continued to sing as he walked down to meet you. He grabbed your hands and held them tightly.

“W-What is all this?” you asked, laughing as tears continued to roll down your cheeks.

“Well… I wanted to do something special for the special person in my life,” he smiled brightly at you, “So… I enlisted the help of the members.”

“I-It’s… You’re amazing,” you laughed as he pulled you into his chest.

“No… You make me amazing,” he replied, wrapping his arms around you and running his hand through your hair. He turned towards the boys and gestured at them to leave before pulling you on to the gazebo, “I know we haven’t really spoken about our feelings all that much but we’ve been together for quite some time now.”

“What are you saying?” you asked, a smile gracing your lips as your heart leapt into your throat.

“I’m saying that I’m confessing to you,” he leaned forward and kissed your forehead, “I’m saying that I love you, ____.”

“Y-Yunho…” you began.

“I know that it’s been hard and it will only get harder,” he cut you off, “I know that I’ll be gone sometimes and being there for you will be difficult but I love you… I want only you. If you are willing to fight through all of this… we’ll fight it together.”

“Yunho,” you smiled, throwing your arms around his neck and burying your face in his neck, “I love you too and I'm in it for the long run.”

“You are?” he asked.

“Of course, Yunho,” you kissed his lips. He laughed as the boys came out from behind the trees, clapping their hands.

“Yah, I told ya’ll to leave,” he barked at them. You laid your head on his chest and could here his heart beating fast.

“Were you nervous?” you asked quietly, so only he could hear.

“Of course I was,” he whispered into your ear, “I was afraid you would reject me.”

“I was afraid you were going to break up with me,” you confessed. He pulled away sharply.

“I would never,” he promised, sealing it with a kiss.