Is This A Date?

Can This Turn Into Something More?

 

You looked at the phone, contemplating on whether to call him or not. What if he was just being nice, but didn’t want you to call him? Or, what if he gave you a fake number? You were about to give up on calling him when you stopped. What if he really did want to see you again? You grabbed your phone and called the number he gave you.

“Hello?” You heard his beautiful voice ring out through the phone.

“Y-Yunho?” you asked nervously.

“_____? Took you long enough to call, I was beginning to think you weren’t going to,” he laughed and you sighed, finally getting rid of the tension you’ve had in your body at the nervousness, “You were nervous, weren’t you?”

“A l-little,” you stuttered.

“It’s alright, I forgive you,” he began, “Tell you what, I’m off for a break in about fifteen minutes, where are you?”

“I’m in the café,” you replied.

“The one you work at?” he asked.

“Yeah,” you said.

“Alright,” he began, “I’ll pick you up in about twenty minutes and we’ll go to lunch, is that okay?” You nodded and then remembered he couldn’t see you.

“That sounds fine,” you smiled.

“Good,” he then spoke quickly, “I have to go, I’m not even supposed to be on the phone but I was awaiting your call.” He laughed, “See you in twenty, ____.” You sighed as he hung up. You busied yourself with work at the store. You were off but you were just hanging out, so you decided to help with the easy stuff. Soon enough, twenty minutes past and the front door opened. Yunho stepped through the door and you walked over to him.

“Hey,” you smiled.

“Hey,” he replied, “You ready to go?” You nodded and he took you to his car, opening the door for you. You got in as he started the car and sat there nervously, “So, how have you been?”

“G-Good,” you said.

“Look, _____, you don’t have to be so nervous around me,” he began, “I’m just your regular guy. Don’t think of me as an idol.”

“That’s not the problem,” you blurted out before you could catch yourself.

“Then what is?” he smirked at you. You shrunk into the seat in embarrassment.

“I’m just… never mind,” you muttered.

“First date jitters?” he asked. You looked at him in shock.

“D-Date?” you stuttered out.

“Oh, well, I was just thinking this was a date,” he said, not looking at you anymore, “If you don’t want it to be, it doesn’t have to.” You saw his expression drop as if he was disappointed.

“No!” you shouted and then flinched, “It’s a d-date.”

“Great,” he smiled again before parking. You walked inside the building and it turned out to be quite a simple Italian café, “I hope this is okay, I didn’t know what you liked.”

“This is perfect,” you blushed as he pulled out your chair for you in front of the waiter. You ordered your drinks and food and then the waiter left to put in the order.
“So, how have you been?” he asked, resting his chin on his hands that were now intertwined with each other.

“G-Good,” you replied nervously, “You?”

“I’ve been great, I’ve been awaiting your call,” he said, pulling off the table long enough for the waiter to set your drinks down.

“I’m sorry,” you looked at you glass, taking a drink before turning your attention back to him, “I was just… anxious I guess. This just all seems so surreal.”

“Well, ____,” he reached across and grabbed your hand, “Don’t ever be nervous around me.” The waiter came up not too long after and gave you your food. You both ate, occasionally chatting about random stuff like his schedule, what you like about your job, and what you look for in people. When you were done he walked you out to his car, opening the doors for you, and began your journey to your house, “So, I had a lot of fun today.” He stopped in front of your house and walked you to your door.

“I did too, Yunho,” you smiled softly at him. When you reached your door you faced him.

“I would like to do this again sometime,” he said, stepping closer.

“I would too,” you replied, smiling shyly as he grabbed your chin.

“I hope I’m not being too forward,” he whispered before pressing his lips against yours in a chaste kiss. When he pulled away, you smiled at him.

“Tell me when you reach the dorm, let me know you’re safe,” you said softly before unlocking your door and walking in, “Night, Yunho.”

“Goodnight, ____,” Yunho smiled before you shut the door and he walked back towards his car.