Goodbye To The Old, Hello To The New

Can This Turn Into Something More?

 

You smiled as you took the older couples order. They looked so cute together and you were wishing you could have someone like that when you’re that age.

“_____,” your boss called, “You have more customers at the front!” You walked back to turn in the order and went back to where they were waiting. There were two of them and they were all dressed in black with shades on.

“Can we get a table at the back?” The taller one said.

“Of course,” you replied, “Follow me.” They followed you to the back where you took their orders and then returned to the kitchen. The front door rang and in walked the person you were trying to avoid… your ex-boyfriend has been bothering you along with his little brother, trying to make your life hell. You ignored them and walked back to the table to give the guys their drink. Out of the corner of your eye you saw his little brother move and then the next second you were falling face-forward, the drinks flying out of your grip. You closed your eyes, expecting a bad impact, but it never came. Arms wrapped around your waist and you fell into someone’s torso. You opened your eyes to see one of the dark strangers, the shorter one, looking at you with concern.

“Are you okay?” he had the most melodic voice you’ve ever heard and you were shell-shocked. You nodded slowly and he sat you in his chair before stalking over to your ex-boyfriend and grabbing him by the collar. He whispered something to him but you couldn’t catch it. You ex nodded furiously before scrambling over to you, bowing and apologizing before grabbing his brother by the shirt and exiting the restaurant, “You’re not hurt, are you?” He leant down and grabbed your ankle softly.

“I… I’m fine,” you called back nervously, pulling you ankle from his grasp, “Um, thank you.”

“Not a problem,” he said before looking towards the mess on the ground and frowning. He grabbed a towel that was lying on the next table and started to wipe the mess up.

“You don’t have to do that,” you said, “It’s kind of my job.”

“I know,” he shot a smile at you and you knew at that moment you were swooning.

“Hyung,” the taller one called, “What did you say to him?”

“Nothing of your concern, Changmin,” the man replied. He stood up when he was done and held his hand out to you, “My names Jung Yunho.”

“____,” you replied, taking his hand. You wracked your brain because his name sounded so familiar but you couldn’t pinpoint it. At that moment your boss came out.

“Yah, ____! What are you doi… Oh, Mr. Jung,” he said once he saw Yunho.

“If you don’t mind, I would like to have lunch with _____. She’s… been through a little ruffle just now and I think it would benefit her to have a break,” Yunho told him.

“O-Of course, Mr. Jung, anything for you,” your boss said, quickly disappearing into the kitchen again. Yunho sat down in the seat beside you.

“So, who was the ?” he questioned.

“Ex,” you replied nervously.

“Ah, how long has he been bothering you?” he asked, grabbing the glass your boss just brought out.

“Since I broke up with him,” you responded as he looked towards you.

“Well, I don’t think he’ll be bothering you anymore,” he told you, smiling that gorgeous smile again. You nodded. He looked momentarily towards Changmin, who nodded before they both took off their glasses. When you looked back at Yunho you realized why their names sounded familiar. You were sitting with TVXQ! “Don’t be nervous, please.” You took a deep breath to calm the anxiety attack you were about to have.

“Anyway,” you began, “Thank you.”

“No problem, _____,” he smiled again and you had to remind yourself to breath. He took out his wallet and grabbed something. It turned out to be a card. He looked at Changmin, who rolled his eyes and pulled out a pen, “Here, this is my number. I would very much if you called me, I would like to meet with you again. But, I’m leaving it up to you. If you never want to speak with me again, then toss it. I would really like to meet you again, _____.” He smiled before him and Changmin got up, throwing money on the table to pay for the bill before walking out the door. You caught Yunho’s eyes outside the window and he winked at you before sliding his glasses back on. After he was out of sight you slid back in the chair, wondering how you were so lucky to receive this sudden friendship. Could this friendship possibly turn into something more? Did his heart beat faster when he looked at you as yours did with him?