Unexpected turn of events

Taming dragons

 

Tap tap tap

 

The sound of an impatient foot resonated throughout the silent room. The pain in Jooyong’s head grew stronger every time the blonde boy's shoe made contact with the floor. Statistics is not Jooyong’s strongest subject.. Her brain simply was incapable of comprehending the meaning of the numbers on her paper, and this irritating noise did not help, nor did it appease her pounding head at all. Annoyed, the angry girl locked her 2b pencil in a deadly grip and slowly turned her head around. The boy - Fannie was it? Is that even Korean? - had his face buried in his palms, His fingers tightly gripping the golden locks which draped his forehead, and his worksheet was clean and unanswered.

 

“Wufan-” The teacher called, surprising Jooyong who immediately faced the front of the classroom. “-That’s not going to make time go any faster.”

 

The room was silent. Wufan slowly faced the teacher, an evil smirk apparent on his face. “A boy can dream, can’t he?” The blonde muttered.

 

“Well, you’ve got clean up duty today anyway; you have no need to rush. Why don’t you actually try doing the exercises I give you for once?” The teacher asked him. Wufan only shrugged.

 

“Oh right!” The teacher said just as the bell rang, signalling the end of a tiresome day at school. “-Jooyong, You don’t have a class duty date yet.  You can help Wufan! his partner is absent today.” He said, getting his books together, ready to leave class.

 

Jooyong, headache still alive and kicking, could not respond. She just watched as the male teacher dismissed the class and disappears out the door with her classmates, leaving her alone in the empty classroom with the blonde giant.

 

“Well, I’m not going to stay here forever, so why don’t we get started?” The boy said, getting up from his seat. “Oh right-“he stopped beside Jooyong’s desk, “My name is Wufan. You can call me Fannie if you want.”

 

“Wufan is fine with me.” Jooyong sourly muttered, quickly standing up from her seat. “How should we start?” She asked.

 

Without replying, Wufan immediately walked out the door, coming back moments later with a broom in hand.

 

“Is there only one?” Jooyong asked, as he placed the broom on top of Jooyong’s desk. Wufan nodded, walking over to a nearby chair and sat on it. Jooyong gaped at him as the boy closed his eyes and leaned back into the chair.

 

Furious beyond belief, Jooyong grabbed the broom on her desk and without another word, started sweeping the front of the class room. She wasn’t going to waste any time with him. The faster she gets this done, the sooner she gets to go home.

 

Still, she tried to make him realise how angry she was by aggressively scraping the broom against the floor as she sweeps. The boy fluttered his eyes open *Finally!* the girl thought. Just when she thought that he was going to do something productive by helping her out, Wufan walked over to Jooyong’s desk and grabbed her statistics worksheet, bringing it to his desk. The poor girl watched as he copied her answers onto his own piece of paper.

 

“That’s it!” she yelled, walking over to Wufan, snatching her worksheet from him.

 

“Hey, I needed that!” he said, trying to grab the work sheet back.

 

“You don’t have a decent bone in your body, do you?” Jooyong continued to yell.

 

He smirked while standing up, towering over Jooyong. Using his height against her, Wufan reached behind the fuming teenager and grabbed the worksheet from within her grasps.

 

Sitting back down, the boy continued to smirk as he copied the rest of the worksheet down. Her jaw tightened. She’s had a gut full of him. As if it had a mind of its own, Jooyong’s hand glided through the air, coming to a stop only because of its collision with the blonde boy’s face.

 

“OW!” he yelped, furiously scrubbing the red imprint on his cheek. Jooyong froze; she had never hit anyone before. *He deserved it*she reasoned. Their eyes met, and for a moment, Jooyong felt slightly sorry for slapping his face.

 

“Ow…” He continued to whisper. *Alright, now he’s just being dramatic…* But then she realised that the red imprint on his face grew darker, it was actually spreading.

 

The boy rose from his seat, rushing out the room while clutching the side of his face. Worried, Jooyong ran after the tall giant who she saw stumbled into a room at the end of the hall. “Closet?” She read the plaque on the door.

 

Jooyong was really worried now *did I really slap him that hard?*

 

“Wufan?” she whispered, opening the storage room door.  

 

“Get out” His frantic voice ordered.

 

“I’m sorry fo-“ Jooyong’s eyes widened at the sight in front of her. “Wu-Wufan-“she reaches forwards, coming closer to the crouching teenager.

 

“Please… please don’t come any closer, please…don’t” he pleaded, hugging his long slender legs, retreating into the dark corner of the filth smeared closet. Jooyong froze, fear taking the best of her.

 

Wufan’s pupils began to dilate, so much that the white of his eyes started to disappear from sight. The red mark on his face slowly dispersed, covering almost half of his face which was now plastered with a rough crimson overcoat. He clawed at the wooden tiles, clenching his jaw as he muffled the screams that threatened to spill from his throat.

 

It scared her.

 

Without even thinking, Jooyong stormed out of the dark closet, running for her life as she reached for the stairs but paused. *I will never forgive myself if something ever happened to him.*

 

Jooyong ran back into the closet, bracing herself as she opened the door with a shaky breath. “Wufan!” she screamed, panicking as the boy in front of her started to writhe on the ground in pain. She crouches beside him, turning Wufan flat on his back. Jooyong searched his pants, finally settling on the bulge. She reached inside, grabbing his cell phone and frantically searched his contacts.

 

“No…no...No…WHO THE HELL DOESN’T HAVE “HOME” IN HIS CONTACT LIST?!...grandma?” she clicked on the icon, slightly flinching when the boy in front of her growled for the umpteenth time.   

 

“Wufan…******” the lady on the other side of the line started to drabble in Chinese. “Ma’am…” Jooyong choked; the panic bringing tears in her eyes.

 

“Something is wrong with Wufan, please… I don’t know what to do… the teachers aren’t at school anymore. He’s… he’s turning red everywhere, his eyes are black it’s black, all black!”

 

There was a momentary pause before the old lady replied in a calm but frantic voice “Run child, run home. I will take care of my grandson.” She ordered in perfect Korean.

 

“I can’t leave him he-“

 

“RUN!” the old woman frighteningly bellowed, sending shivers down the teenager’s spine. The old lady’s order was then enforced by the deep growl booming from the depths of Wufan’s guts.

 

Jooyong reluctantly ran out the school, accidentally bringing his phone with her, and only looked back when she reached the premises of her own home, panting.

 

Her first day at school could not have gone any worse.

 

 

***

 

A/N:

Chapter 3!!! #bows thank you to everyone who commented ;_; it really made my day <3 hhhhahaha oh! btw i just found out that danyang, the setting of this story, is jang geun suk's birthplace!!! ifnajbnjlgnjbkdn muhuahhahahah

alrighty then <3 THANKS FOR READING 

I LUB YOU