Epilogue

Bitten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Epilogue   She held the white rose that was on her hand dearly, close to her. Her footsteps began to slow down once she came close to the stone that has the picture of the love of her life on it. She pushed her slightly dropping sunglasses up and placed the flower down, gently.   She smiled at the photo before comfortably taking a seat next to the stone.   Although a year had passed now, she wasn't still very used to being alone yet again. There were times that she missed her so much that she could feel her presence next to her.   It was hard for her when she first heard the news a year ago – that her love had left.   “I'm sorry...” Doctor Baek apologised and bowed again. “It was too late for... Miss Jessica...”   Their eyes widened at what the doctor had said. TaeYeon turned to look at her best friend. She saw how Sooyoung had her eyes looking at the ground.   Sooyoung was slowly backing away before finally falling onto the ground. She lost all strength on her legs. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. “N–no...”   TaeYeon rushed forward and wrapped her arms around Sooyoung’s shoulders. “Syoung...”   “This can't be... I–I just lose my younger brother... I can't...” Her tears were overflowing in her eyes before it finally fell. Her whole body was numb except for the pain from her heart that she keeps feeling. She clenched her fist and placed it above her heart, feeling herself being choked.   TaeYeon bit her lips, her own eyes glistening with tears. She wouldn't want anyone of them to die, they were both people with good hearts. She don't understand why the people that are close to her just keeps on leaving her one by one.   “She said she will b–be with me for–forever...”   “Unnie...” Seohyun who was watching also couldn't help it but to let her tears fall easily. The times that she had shared with Jessica wouldn't be forgotten easily. They were so close to one another now, almost like sisters, but why now... she didn't understand.   The King stared at Sooyoung sadly before motioning for the others in the room to leave the room, leaving TaeYeon with Sooyoung there.   Once the door was closed, Sooyoung then stood up abruptly, causing TaeYeon who was holding onto her to stumble back. “Where are you going?” TaeYeon asked.   Sooyoung didn't answer her, but went to the other room that was connected to this current room. She opened the door hastily and her heart crashed again at the sight of Jessica lying peacefully on the bed. She went closer with weak steps before kneeling beside the girl's bed.   TaeYeon followed Sooyoung and found Tiffany lying on the bed beside Jessica. She took a look at Jessica before looking at her girlfriend. She walked towards Tiffany, tiredly.   The sound of the beeping machine filled the silence of the room.   TaeYeon saw the numbers of tubes that were connected to Tiffany's body. She sighed and caressed the girl's face lovingly, feeling herself being drained out. She leant down and pressed her lips against Tiffany's forehead. “Thank you... for keeping your promise...” She whispered out and held the hand of Tiffany.   TaeYeon saw the red marks on Tiffany's wrist and she clenched her jaw. Her eyes then went to the neck where a bandage was on. She touched it. “Hopefully, it doesn't leave a scar there...” She was worried that Tiffany might fright out when there's an ugly bite mark on her neck when she wakes up, but then, there was still another thing that worries her.   She already saw how heartbroken Sooyoung is now, heck, even she herself is saddened by the fact that Jessica had really left now. And she couldn't even imagine what would happen when Tiffany wakes up one day to find that her best friend had passed on. She would be hurt very badly, and that was a fact.   She brought the hand to her face and kissed it before placing it onto her cheek. “I love you.”   Sooyoung took the limped hands beside the body and held it with her shaky ones. Her lips quivered when she looked at Jessica's face. Like a record player, her mind began to flash the images of Jessica's smiles, the face Jessica makes whenever she was mad, the pout that she attempts whenever she did something wrong, the hugs that they shared and the kisses they had. She knew that it wasn't going to happen anymore.   She cried, in pain, in agony and in sorrow. She leant closer towards the girl's face and placed her quivering lips onto Jessica's. She choked when all she could feel was the coldness on Jessica's lips and nothing else. Reality then hit her that Jessica was never coming back, she was gone, forever.   “I'm sorry... for not being there earlier...” Her lips were still on Jessica's.   “I'm sorry...” She whispered again.   She used her sleeves to clean the photo before planting a kiss on it. “How have you been, Sica? I'm sorry that I haven't been here for five days, I was busy with Seohyun's marriage thing.” She then laughed and lay her back against the stone.   “That girl sure is growing up fast. It was just like yesterday when she was still a baby.” She shook her head with a amused smile. “Too fast.”   She placed her palm onto the stone. “I miss you, Sica-yah. It's been a year but it felt like hundreds of years for me. I can still feel your warmth around me every night, I know you're still there for me, and I'm glad for that. I love you, darling.” She cringed after that and laughed. “I can't believe I just said that.” She curled her fingers with a grin. “But yeah, I love you, Jessica Jung.”   She breathed out. “If only I had arrived earlier a year ago... then what would we be doing right now?” She asked herself. “If only I had asked for your hand earlier.” She grinned. “Then I could have called you my wife.”   She dug her pocket and drew out a small box. She opened it, a diamond ring was standing out inside, shining so brightly with the sunlight. “Happy anniversary, Sica. I hope you wouldn't mind but this is sought of a... a promise ring, perhaps?” She lifted up her hand. “Look. I'm even wearing it now.”   She then placed the box right below the photo. “And this is for you. If only I could ask you to marry me now then this would have been your ring, your marriage ring.” She touched the photo gingerly.   “You sure you're going to place that diamond ring there?” She turned her head to see two of her best friends walking towards her.   Sooyoung stood up with a smile. “Hey.” She hugged them both.   “How have you been, Syoung?” Tiffany asked.   “I've been better. Anyways, I should be the one who should be asking how you have both been. You two practically ran away for half a year.”   They laughed. “It's been great. It was good to finally relax and have nothing on your mind.” TaeYeon said and tightened her hold on Tiffany's hand.   “I should do that too, you know? Just run off without anyone knowing. It could be fun.” Sooyoung grinned.   “If you do that without telling me, I'll hunt you down for my whole life.” TaeYeon narrowed her eyes at Sooyoung.   The taller girl chuckled. “I know, I know. I was just kidding. I couldn't possibly leave this place, can I?” She was referring to the place she was currently at.   “Oh, right.” Tiffany placed the white rose onto the stone gently. “Hey, Jessi. Long time no see.” She felt arms around her waist and turned to see TaeYeon smiling at her. She smiled back.   TaeYeon turned towards the stone and waved. “Hi, Sica. How have you been? I guess you must have been great without your loud best friend with you, huh?” TaeYeon joked and got a pinch on her waist. “Oh, and may I add violent as well.”   Tiffany merely rolled her eyes.   “Anyways, I have– I mean we have some news for you.” She grinned proudly while Tiffany smiled shyly.   “We're getting married!” She announced.   “WHAT?!” Sooyoung who was behind them yelled when she heard the news. “When?! What?! Who?!”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter