Three Words

Bitten Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 19: Three Words
Tiffany was sitting at the garden while reading a book on her hand. The gentle breeze that kept blowing against her face made her squint her eyes a little as her hair danced elegantly along with the wind. 

As her eyes were scanning across the words on the page, there was suddenly something – or someone that was blocking the sunlight. She let out a grunt before lifting her head. 

Jessica was standing in front of her with crossed eyes. “What?” She asked in annoyance and watched as her friend rolled her eyes before taking a seat beside her. 

She heard a sigh next and had to bookmark the page she was on reluctantly before placing the book beside her. “Now, what’s wrong?”

Jessica heaved another sigh before shaking her head. “Nothing...” 

Her tone made Tiffany much more suspicious as she went closer and stick her face up close to Jessica’s face. 

“Yah! What are you doing?” She pushed Tiffany away. 

Tiffany chuckled, “you’re lovesick. Gosh, I thought I’ll never have the chance to say this.”

Hearing that from her friend had made Jessica panicked for a second. She was shocked of course, but immediately masked it with an uninterested expression. “What are you talking about?”

Tiffany shook her head. “You know what I’m talking about. Something is going on here, and you’re not letting your best friend know.”

“I seriously have no idea on what you’re trying to say.”

Jessica kept on denying but Tiffany wouldn’t believe her. She knows when her best friend is lying and when she’s not. “You’re happier these few days. You’re smiling more and... you have some love aura around you.” 

“So? Shouldn’t you be glad that I’m happy no matter what reason there is?”

“There is a reason. And I think I know it,” she smirked. 

Jessica gulped nervously. 

“You’re in love, Jess.” Tiffany grinned in victory when she saw Jessica’s eyes widening. “No need to deny. You’re like that when you’re in love. And come to think of it, the only person that comes up to my mind is... Sooyoung.”

“...”

Silence. From the both of them. The chirping from the birds could even be heard very clearly now. 

It was then that Jessica had finally waked from her daze. Her eyes went wide and she immediately choked on her saliva. “What?” She wanted to question confidentially but ended up cracking her voice. 

Tiffany giggled when she saw her friend’s reaction. She knew that she was right. “Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung. The Sooyoung that’s inside.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Something’s up with the both of you.” She saw Jessica blinking her eyes rapidly for a few times. “I’m right, aren’t I?”

“What? That’s nonsense!”

“Deny all you want, Jess. But I know that I’m right. You like Sooyoung, don’t you?”

Jessica turned her head away when she felt her face heating up. 

“I guess you are. You are... in love with her? Or, maybe the two of you are already in a relationship.” Tiffany watched as Jessica turned her head away even more. She gasped and covered . “Oh. My. God. You are!”

“W–what?” Jessica looked at her. 

“Spill! Everything!”

“Huh?”

“Stop hiding it. I know when you’re lying. And you lied to me about this because you are dating Sooyoung.” 

Jessica opened and was ready to retort back. But after thinking, she felt that there was no need to hide anymore. So, with a sigh, she then finally said, “fine. You are right.”

Tiffany squealed in excitement and Jessica had to hit her arm to calm her down. “Hey! Behave!”

“Talk!”

“About?”

“When did you two start?” A grin was plastered on her face as she looked at Jessica with twinkling eyes. 

“Umm... On...” She paused. “Wait, can I ask you something?”

“Shoot.”

“How did you even know? I thought we hid it so carefully that no one knows.”

“Well...” Tiffany placed a finger onto her chin. “Remember that time when we were heading to the kitchen and I asked if you heard something?”

Jessica frowned before she snapped her finger. “Oh yeah! I remember. But what’s that got to do–”

“Now, learn to be patient young lady. Let me finish.” When she saw a nod, she then continued. “That was the day that I kinda became suspicious because I thought I saw the two of you holding hands.”

“Ah, that...”

“Now, talk. When?”

“Just on that day that you became suspicious.”

“Really?” Tiffany had her eyes widened a little. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” She glared. 

“Because you’d be overly excited and super loud.”

Tiffany sulked. 

“Kidding,” Jessica chuckled. “The real reason was just because we started not long ago. So, we decided to tell you– all of you some time later.”

“And when would that be? A month? A year? If I didn’t force this out of you, you probably wouldn’t tell.” 

“If I wouldn’t, then Sooyoung would.”

Tiffany gave a mere shrug. 

“Now, I almost forgot the whole purpose of finding you.”

“Huh?”

“Umm... can you keep yourself free for the night?”

Tiffany snorted, “it’s not like I have anything to do here, right?”

Jessica chuckled and nodded, “sounds right. Oh, and by the way, wear something nice tonight. Preferably a dress?”

“Hold on. Why do I have to wear a dress and where are you gonna take me to?”

“You don’t have to know. Just do as I say.”   “Why are you asking me out anyway? Your girlfriend’s not free for you?” Tiffany teased with a raised eyebrow.    Jessica rolled her eyes, “just prepare as I’ve said!”   ---   “Hmm... What to wear?” She asked herself with a
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter