Visit

Mysterious

I walked silently with Shinwoo to Haneul's front door with a bouquet of flowers for Haneul's mom in my hand because she just returned from the hospital, and rang the bell—Haneul insisted that Shinwoo should come. I heard the doorbell echoeing through the house before hearing footsteps. The door opened and Haneul greeted us with a smile and ushered us in. We took off our shoes and walked into the living room. There lies Haneul’s mother, Sundara, on the couch, looking pale and fragile, a sight I’m not used to. Haneul’s mother is the strong and fearless type—I’ve always imagined her being some sort of a warrior—but now she does not look like it. Her lips stretched into a warm smile as soon as she saw me.

“SeoYeon, welcome! I heard about your—,” Haneul’s mother’s eyes widened as soon as Shinwoo walked in after me. They both froze, eyes wide, looking at each other.

Shinwoo was the first to regain his composure. Haneul’s mother took a few shaky breaths before she turned back to me with a forced smile plastered across her face. The atmosphere turned suddenly cold. Something is seriously wrong.

“Uhh, do you guys know each other?” I managed to say.

“I don’t believe so. Who may you be, young man?” Haneul’s mother said coolly, her eyes suddenly cold and emotionless.

Shinwoo cleared his throat. “Shin Dong Woo. Call me Shinwoo,” his voice was just as cold as Haneul’s mother’s eyes.

My eyes met Haneul’s questioning gaze. I shook my head. We were both confused.

“Who wants cookies? I just made some!” Haneul said way too cheerfully, obviously trying to lighten up the mood.

“Thank you, but I better leave, I have some business to attend to. Maybe some other time,” Shinwoo said.

“But I make really good cookies,” Haneul pouted.

I can see a hint of a smile on Shinwoo’s lips. “SeoYeon will enjoy them for me.”

“But—”

“The boy said he wanted to leave,” Haneul’s mother said sternly, startling all of us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry! Short chapter! >_____< I'll try to update more often.