Assassin

Mysterious

Shinwoo got up quickly. "I have to go now. Thanks for telling me about that dream, it helped a lot. I have to talk to my parents and make some arrangements. This could change everything."

"Wait, what do you mean? I'm confused."

Shinwoo touched my cheek gently and closed his eyes. "For now, I can tell you one thing. Your parents and your brother aren't safe. We have to act quickly before it's too late."

He dropped his hand and turned for the door. I followed him as he walked out, turned around again and smiled sadly. He moved closer to me and slowly, almost hesitantly, as if I might push him away, put his arms around me. I leaned into him. Everything happened so fast, it was too much for me. A tear went down my cheek against my will as I buried my face in his chest. I smiled as I noticed that he smelled like fresh fruits. He let go of me reluctantly and looked at me, noticing the tear on my cheek and gently wiping it away.

He leaned in. "Please don't cry," he whispered in my ear, his ice cold breath against my skin making me shiver. In a good way. "I don't like seeing you sad. We'll figure something out soon and come up with a plan to save your family. But, in the meantime, please don't cry. It hurts me seeing you like this. I'll stay by your side no matter what happens, keep that in mind," he said, leaning his forhead against mine.

I managed a small laugh. "I'm not crying."

He smiled and let go of me, which disappointed me. I was really comfortable in his arms, his body temperature was a bit colder than normal, but it doesn't matter. It feels like I'm getting attracted to him like a magnet, but I can't help it. He has this thing about him that makes you desperately want him. I blushed and shook my head lightly as if to clear out these thoughts.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school. Don't leave the house until I come pick you up tomorrow. I put up invisible wards around your house, but lock all your doors and windows just in case."

"Wards?"

"Oh yes. It seems that I've forgotten to mention this to you. We assassins have access to magic, but we're not allowed nor taught to use most spells until we turn twenty five, we were only taught the necessary ones that are needed in battle and survival."

"How old are you?"

"Twenty One."

"Why are we in the same grade, then?" I asked.

He smiled mischeviously. "I have my ways," he said, winking. "And besides, I could totally pass as an eighteen-year-old."

We said goodbye and he left. I really wished he stayed longer, though, but I didn't say anything. He made sure I closed the door and locked it before going.

I went to the livingroom and crashed on the couch, sobbing hysterically. Now that I'm alone, I couldn't hold back the tears and keep up a strong front. I can't believe my parents did this to me. How can they not tell me such a huge secret? Why didn't they also erase Jonghyun's memory, why just mine? I would be protected just as much even if I knew about it.

Would I have lived my life differently if I knew about my family's history? Would I do what Jonghyun did and train secretly behind our parents' backs?

Suddenly, I remembered Haneul, my best friend. I can't tell her about this. This would be the first time I would keep a secret from her, and it would be very hard, but it can't be helped. I'm going to have to lie to her.

I stood up and wiped my tears. For now, I should accept everything and focus on the task at hand.

Which is saving my family.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I updated two chapters at a time, chapters four and five. Yayy~ *throws confetti*

I'm sorry that this chapter is a bit short, though. :(

I really hope you guys enjoy the story. Thanks for reading!!!