Confession

Mysterious

A week into school, me, my parents, and my brother, Jonghyun, went to a restaurant to celebrate our parents' wedding anniversary. As I gazed at my parents from across the table, I wondered again for the umpteenth time about that mysterious boy who asked me to dance with him but somehow disappeared as if he were never there. After a while, I started wondering myself if I had imagined the whole thing.

I smiled at the way my parents looked at each other; they were so madly in love, and as years passed, they grew to love each other more and more. Their love was boundless.

I started fantasizing about that boy again, how he would come back for me, tell me that he loved me and that he would never let me go, how he would sweep me up into his arms and carry me to the ends of the world. I caught myself before I went too far and cursed myself for getting too carried away.

"So, are you guys planning anything special?" I asked, trying to take my mind away from thoughts about the boy.

"Yes! Your father is going to take me to Hawaii. It's been a long time since we've had a vacation with just the two of us. Isn't that right, honey?"

"Yes, sweetheart," my dad said as he kissed my mom.

"Ew, guys. Gross! Don't do that here!" my brother, Jonghyun, exclaimed.

Later that day, Jonghyun and I went to the airport to say goodbye to our parents. They were supposed to stay in Hawaii for a week, so that means Jonghyun and I are going have the entire house to ourselves. Well, that doesn't make a difference because my brother is just as overprotective of me as my parents...

Jonghyun and I went back home and I felt exhausted. I padded over to my bedroom and threw myself on the bed. As soon as I closed my eyes, I saw the boy in my mind, as clear as if he were actually there.

Jonghyun emerged in the room and threw himself on the bed next to me. "What's my little sister thinking about?" He said with a grin on his face.

I blushed furiously. "N-nothing," I stammered lamely.

His grin widened. "Come on. Tell me. Who is it?"

"W-who is what?"

"Don't feign innocence. If you don't tell me, then I'll have to use my... weapon," he smirked.

At that, I bolted from my bed and ran into the hallway and down the stairs. Almost instantly, I heard Jonghyun's running footsteps behind me. His "weapon" is tickling me; he knows that I'm very ticklish and always end up giving in when I'm tickled. I knew I could never outrun him in my entire life; he always got the best times in cross country.

"You can't run from me! I'll always find you no matter where you go!"

I reached the front door and threw it open just as Jonghyun reached me and grapped my waist, threw me over his shoulder, and carried me up the stairs back to my room. He slammed the door shut and threw me on my bed, jumped on top of me, and started tickling me. I couldn't take it anymore; I was being tickled everywhere, and I was laughing uncontrollably; I felt like I was going to faint at any second.

"Come on, spill it! You can tell your oppa everything, you know," Jonghyun said, laughing.

"AAhhahahaha... I....ahahaha... have... hahaha... nothing... to... hahahahaha... tell.... hahaha... you....ahahahahaa!!!! STOP!! HAHHAHAHA!!!"

"Yes you do! Come on!"

"Fine! Stop... ahahahah... stop and I'll tell you...hahahha."

Jonghyun stopped, got up, and ran his hand through his hair, waiting for me to catch my breath. I'm sure I looked very disheveled. I looked in the floor-to-ceiling mirror next to my closet and my hair was a mess, my clothes were wrinkled, my shirt has moved up so that it was revealing my stomach, and my face was bright red. Jonghyun blushed faintly and turned away as I quickly started fixing my appearance.

When I finished, he sat next to me on the bed and faced me, his expression suddenly serious. "Okay. I'm waiting. You know you can tell me anything, right? Isn't that what we promised each other 6 years ago?"

"Yes, of course I remember. And I would've told you, but the thing is... I don't know what to say."

"What do you mean, 'you don't know what to say'? I can tell you've been very distracted lately, and sometimes I catch you staring into space, blushing bright red," he said, a hint of a smile playing at his lips. I can tell that he's trying as best as he could to be the understanding older brother and maintain a serious expression, and I can also tell that he's failing miserably.

"I met him at Yoona's end of summer party. He asked me to dance with him, and... I don't know what happened... but the next thing I knew, he was... gone," I said, remembring once again how his warm hands felt on my waist, and the way he looked at me, like he knew everything about me, how he whispered in my ear, telling me how beautiful I looked in my red dress.

"Who is 'he'?"

"I wish I knew," I said, trying to look at anything but my brother. This is the first time I ever talked to my brother about a guy; I could only hope I'm not blushing like crazy.

Jonghyun moved closer and put his arms around me, comforting me immediately. I leaned into his muscular chest and breathed in his scent. "I never thought you would ever fall in love, you were never into fairytales, like Cinderella, or love stories in general. You never expressed any feelings toward any guy before, at least not one you've told me about. The thought of you finally falling in love is kind of... comforting, and also oddly disconcerting at the same time. I can only wish that guy takes care of you, and if he didn't, then he'd have to deal with me. I won't go easy on him."

 "That is if I ever saw him again," I said, laughing and trying to lighten the mood. Secretly, though, my brother's words made me feel extremely happy. It feels good to have someone who cares for me and takes care of me all the time. Even if I pretend like I don't like it, that I'm an adult, and that I can take care of myself, I don't want my brother to stop looking out for me. I mean, in the end, I'm only sixteen. Not exactly an adult.

"You will," Jonghyun whispered. "He'd better come back for you."

Jonghyun said that very quitely I wasn't even sure if I heard it right, or if I heard anything at all. I closed my eyes as Jonghyun tightened his grib around me, making me feel warmer. I drifted into a black, dreamless sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys for reading! Please share your opinion with me about this chapter and help me improve this story~! :3