New Student...?

Mysterious

My alarm clock went off at 6:00 AM. After stirring in my bed a few times, I rubbed my eyes and stretched, throwing my legs over the side of the bed. I walked across my room to the door, padded into the hallway, and headed into the bathroom. I  the lights and looked in the mirror at myself. Suddenly, last night's events played in my mind like a movie without sound. It all felt like a dream I've just woken up from, but something tells me that everything that had happened was real. I could just laugh and pretend it was all a joke, but something, something deep inside me, tells me that it was all true.

I am an assassin, and I have an undiscovered supernature power. My family has been wanted for a long time, and now they're captured.

And it's my job to save them.

It all sounds like something out of a movie, but it's happening to me. This is my life now.

I stared at myself in the mirror. My hair was tangled and messy, my skin was pale, and my eyes were wide and bloodshot. This concludes it: I'm in a desperate need of a shower.

I slipped off my sleeping boxers and tank top, the hot water, and stepped in. I let the hot water do its magic, relaxing my muscles, and forgetting everything for a second. I ran some shampoo through my hair, scrubbed my skin, turned off the water, and stepped out. I grabbed my bathrobe and put it on. I stepped in front of the mirror, wiped out the steam on the surface, brushed my hair, and blow-dried it.

Once in my room, I slipped off my bathrobe and emerged into my closet. I rummaged through my clothes, trying to decide what I should wear. I ended up choosing blue pants with white lace, off-the-shoulder long-sleeved shirt with a tanktop underneath and dark blue converse.

Satisfied, I stepped out of my closet and headed to my dresser. I brushed my hair , sprayed some perfume, and, after a second thought, put on a little eye liner. I was never a fan of make up, but Shinwoo is picking me up today...

My phone chimed with a new text. Good morning! How are you feeling today? I'm waiting for you outside. -Shinwoo.

My heart skipped a beat as I read the text. I quickly grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs as fast as I could, almost tripping twice over my own feet.

I opened the front door and got hit by a blast of cold air. Darn, I forgot to bring a jacket. Oh well, too late now. I smiled at him and fast-walked to his shiny black car. Jonghyun would've loved this car, I thought sadly. He spread out his arms for a hug and I was grateful for whatever warmth he could give me despite his abnormal cold temperature. This probably has to do with his power to create and manipulate ice. I can't wait to actually see it.

He opened the passenger door for me and as soon as I got in, I was engulfed in the warm atmosphere of the heated car. Shinwoo got in the driver's seat and pressed a button that apparently was the ignition button; he was too cool to use normal keys. I looked around the car, everything was high-tech and modern. I didn't recognize half the devices on there or what they did.

"What are these things?" I asked in wonder.

"These are the necessary devices that every assassin must have. They include tracking devices, GPS, and all kinds of other things."

I marveled at the buttons, wondering what each could do. Yeah, Jonghyun would've definitely fallen in love with this car. A tear threatened my eyes, but I fought against it; I can never let Shinwoo see me cry again.

As soon as we arrived at the school gates, a crowd of students quickly gathered, watching us wide-eyed. Shinwoo opened his door and got out, walked to the other side, and opened the door for me. I stepped out of the car slowly, blushing furiously and looking down at the ground, hoping that no one notices my flaming face. Shinwoo wrapped his arm around my waist and guided me inside the school. Instantly, I heard the crowd of girls screaming and squealing. I looked over at them and they gave me death glares. What's wrong with them?

Suddenly, I noticed Shinwoo's hand on my waist and blushed again. He shouldn't do that in public, people might get the wrong idea. I looked at the people staring at us with their mouths wide open. Yep, they definitely got the wrong idea.

"Yo, CNU. Nice ride," one guy said.

"Thanks," Shinwoo said nonchalantly, walking straight forward without giving the guy a second glance.

A girl in our grade, Hyuna, practically threw herself at Shinwoo. "Good morning, oppa! Let's walk together to class."

Shinwoo tightened his grip on my waist and kept walking without answering.

"Oppa!" Hyuna hollered. I smirked. Hyuna and I never got along, she always made fun of my outfits, and I'm not saying I didn't make fun of her skimpy outfits, either.

We entered our class and took our seats. Shinwoo looked back at me from his desk in front of me and gave me a small smile. My heart skipped a beat as I smiled back.

The teacher barged in and clapped. "Okay, class, take your seats," the teacher almost yelled. Everyone just kept on chattering as if they didn't hear her, and maybe they didn't. "SILENCE!" Everyone stopped talking and turned to look at her. She took the time to look at each student, one by one, giving them a death glare. Everyone silently took their seats and waited for class to start.

The teacher took a deep breath. "We have another transfer student today," she glanced at Shinwoo. "Two days in a row. That has never happened before. I wonder if we're going to have another one tomorrow, that would sure be pleasant."

She stopped talking and looked at us. We patiently waited for her to continue.

"Come in," the teacher motioned at someone just beyond the door.

A guy walked slowly into the classroom. He had blond curly hair that complimented his cute face and tattoos running along the length of one arm. As soon as he walked in, I heard Shinwoo take a shaky breath. The guy's mouth stretched into a grin as he spotted Shinwoo.

"Class, this is the new transfer student, Zelo."

"Yo, I'm Zelo," he said, smirking. Shinwoo tensed.

"Let's see, where should you sit? CNU took the last seat available. Aah, Baekho is absent today, you can take his seat for now and we'll figure something out later. It's right next to SeoYeon," she pointed at me.

Zelo turned and looked at me, his smirk softening. As soon as his eyes settled on my face, goosebumps covered my arms. He shuffled to his seat next to mine and sat down, not taking his eyes off me, not even for a brief second.

"Hey," he said. But before I could answer, Shinwoo whirled around and gave Zelo a death glare, but Zelo only stared back, his smirk widening.

"Don't even think about it," Shinwoo growled, his eyes full of hatred.

I wonder if Shinwoo knows Zelo. His behavior towards him is certainly weird, I thought curiously as I looked at the two boys.

"Are you okay?" I whispered to Shinwoo. "What's going on?"

He looked at me, his eyes softening and his lips turning up in a small smile. "I'm fine. Nothing to worry about."

It was soon lunch time and, as soon as the bell rang, we scuttled out of our seats into the hallway and down to the cafeteria.

Shinwoo and I sat down on one of the tables and Haneul quickly joined us. "Hey, bestie!" She gave me a quick hug and settled next to me. She looked at Shinwoo sitting across from me, a smile creeping up on her lips. "Hi CNU. I'm Haneul, SeoYeon's best friend."

He smiled. "Hi, nice to meet you."

"How's your mom? Is she okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Yes, she's fine. She'll be released from the hospital today."

"Can I come visit?"

"You don't even need to ask," she said. "So did you find out anything about your...?" she asked, her eyes darting to Shinwoo and back to me, turning serious.

"He knows," I assured her. "And no, we don't know anything yet," I lied.

She smirked. "I see. 'We,' huh?"

"N-no, it's not like that," I said, my cheeks flaming.

"It's not like what?" She asked tauntingly.

The sight of Zelo approaching our table saved me from answering. "Yo, guys. Mind if I sit?"

"Not at all!" Haneul chirped.

Zelo pulled the chair next to Shinwoo and sat down, staring at me the whole time. That same look of hatred I saw in class earlier settled in Shinwoo's eyes as he stared at Zelo. Zelo, on the other hand, either didn't notice or pretended like it. We chatted for the next fifteen minutes or so. I kept glancing at Shinwoo, he was staring into the distance with a scowl on his face.

"Yeah, the school dance is next week," Haneul said. "No one asked me yet."

"Oh, it is?" Zelo said, looking interested. He looked at me. "SeoYeon, wanna go with me?"

Shinwoo's eyes suddenly came into focus and he stared at me. Hard.

"Uhh..." I didn't know what to say. Zelo seemed like a nice guy, but I was hoping that Shinwoo would ask me. I looked at Shinwoo, waiting for him to say that he wanted to go with me, but he didn't. I felt a pang of hurt but pushed it away. I would feel bad for rejecting Zelo, anyway, and even if I did, I would have to come up with an excuse, and I at lying.

"Sure," I said.

A look of hurt flashed across Shinwoo's face, but it vanished as soon as it appeared; it was so brief that I thought I imagined it. He pushed out of his chair. "Meet me after school," was all he said before he scuttled out of the cafeteria.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry it took me so long to update, but I had a ton of homework and tests. T___T

I'll try to update every weekened~

I hope you guys like it. I only thought of adding Zelo in recently, just to make it a little more interesting for you guys... At least that's what I'm hoping for. >___>

Thank you guys so much for reading~!

^_______________^