Jung Daehyun: Phenomenal Daddy

The Daddy Chronicles

Knowing her heart.

 

|xoxo|

 

He blinked up and down at the clean-cut man before him, eyeing the younger meticulously with his honey-glazed eyes. Daehyun's mind rattled at the future Dayoung wanted to experience with this man, and he felt his heart constrict with a sudden tightness that hitched his breath. Uncomfortably, he lounged in the living area with the young man on his lonesome, as his wife and daughter were preparing their desserts. "So.. Jung Kyung Ho, was it?" Daehyun tittered with a tight politeness.
"Ye, abeoji."
Daehyun cringed mentally at his given nickname, smiling tautly at the man perched opposite from his current spot. "Ah.. nice name," Daehyun complimented unsurely.
"Gamsahamnida, abeoji."

Dayoung returned shortly, her mother hot on her tail, both of their hands occupied by trays with various delicacies sprawled across the silvery metal platters. Kyung Ho smiled affectionately as Dayoung placed herself beside him, placing a jello cup into his burly hand. Daehyun examined the scene unfold before him carefully, particularly eyeing the gay look in his daughter's eyes. He swore it was just yesterday that Dayoung was still seventeen...

How could she already be 24 years old?

"So what are you here to ask us?" Daehyun questioned curiously. He rose a probing brow. "Didn't you say you had a specific purpose in being here?"

Kyung Ho chuckled nervously, inducing a miming action by rubbing his hands apprehensively together; his hands created a crackling noise as his dry skin rubbed up against the opposite hand; he was beating around the bush, and Daehyun was getting crankier by the passing second. He had audition applications to look through to sort out for Yongguk by the end of tonight, and Kyung Ho wasn't helping at all.
Daehyun just wished the young man would leave and let himself expedite the process of getting all the applications sorted.
Even at the ungodly, cringing age of 48, Daehyun was still as busy as ever.

But he didn't say anything, for this also concerned Dayoung.

Dayoung smiled ecstatically, practically bouncing up and down in her seat; her arms clasped tightly around Kyung Ho's muscular arm, and that was when her respective parents caught sight of it -- the reason behind Kyung Ho's visit. The diamond sparkled glamourously under the light of the chandelier hanging above them, casting a glow within the elder's eyes; it glimmerered shamelessly, so brightly that it could be blinding to the onlooker.

Daehyun's heart quickened its pace and began to pound obnoxiously in his ears, reverberating against his eardrums. His fingers grew clammy as his palms moistened with a nervous sweat. His eyes were bewildered and fearful of the words to come; his tongue mysteriously lost its moisture and now hung in his barren mouth dryly. The words resting at the tip of his moisture-deprived tongue refused to be uttered.

Daehyun locked eyes frantically with Dayoung, inquiring her vehemently with his silent gaze. She only smiled, her lips curving up into a capricious beam of happiness and cheer.

"I would like to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage."

Ultimately, no matter what his wife complied with, Daehyun knew, that as Dayoung's father, he held her sole future within his hands, with his decision. The hopeful look in Dayoung's eyes; the persevering glance Kyung Ho casted him ever so boldly; Dayoung's expectant smile penetrating Daehyun, burning straight into his soul -- it was enticing, astounding, and utterly bemusing for him. Marriage?

Wasn't just yesterday that Dayoung was just born?

Wasn't it just yesterday that she was crying about having her crayons stolen?

Wasn't it just yesterday that she was crying over that cheating jerk, Sicko?

Daehyun looked up at Kyung Ho, his emotions pouring through every pore on his body; with just that one look, he understood, Kyung Ho understood. Every worry, every concern was passed from Daehyun into Kyung Ho, for they were now going to share a future together. With just that one look, Daehyun entrusted Kyung Ho to his everything, to his life, to his heart -- to Dayoung

"And.. I gladly... grant your proposal."

His voice was raspy, hoarse, and thick with anticipation; but seeing Dayoung jump up in unison with Kyung Ho, seeing her jump into his arms and cry joyously into his shoulder, Daehyun knew her heart. Daehyun knew Kyung Ho would take care of his little princess, his queen.
Daehyun, with 24 years olf experience, finally truly knew Dayoung's heart.

"I wish you two... the absolute best," Daehyun whispered proudly. "The best of the best."

 

|xoxo|

 

Jung Daehyun

Status: Phenomenal daddy.