Jung Daehyun: Decent Daddy

The Daddy Chronicles

Sticking up for her.

 

|xoxo|

 

The first thing Busan Wonbin noticed when he walked through the doors of his home was his teary-eyed daughter and his wife trying to comfort his little angel. His optics were bemused, alarmed, and bewildered at once, especially when he got a close-up at her face -- puffy, swollen, and streaked with a red flush. Her entire visage, which was normally picturesque and adorned with a graceful smile, was now tainted with ugly tears and unwanted blemishes.

Daehyun stared down at his seven year old daughter. "What happened?"
His wife sighed, caressing his arm. "She was like this ever since she got home from school; she won't talk, eat, or even do anything but cry.. yeobo, I'm sorry --"
Daehyun nodded, kissing the blubbering woman tenderly, reassuringly casting his famous smile. "Don't worry," he whispered, sitting himself on the floor. Kneeling on his knees, he looked up confidently at his daughter, eyes beaming with consolation. "Was it a boy?"

She shook her head.

"Was it a girl?"

She nodded. 

He cleared his throat awkwardly with relief, lifting her into his lap as he rested himself next to his wife on the couch. Arms wrapped around both females, he smiled, shifting his loving eyes back and forth. "Now what kind of bully would mess with my little angel?" he called playfully.
He turned over to the elder of the two girls. "Remember that girl, Su-jin, who used to bully you in high school?" In return, he was met with laughter and a fervent nod. Daehyun sighed contently. "Maybe I should solve this the same way I solved Su-jin."

Dayoung blinked up naively at her father. "Huh?"

Daehyun chuckled, pressing his lips to Dayoung's swollen cheeks. "You let appa take you to school tomorrow and show your bully that Jung Dayoung is not someone to mess with, araseo?"

"Ne, appa!"

--

Daehyun beamed warmly at the older woman before him, cradling Dayoung affectionately in his arms. Draped in an expensive suit and intoxicating cologne, he cleared his throat and chuckled briefly, causing the several mothers to swoon around him. "I would appreciate it if you could please teach your beloved daughter that it isn't nice to mess with other girls' crayons," Daehyun stated bluntly. His eye-smile dazed the flamboyant mother in front of him, and he averted his eyes to Dayoung. "My Dayoungie here was crying all day, all evening; it worried my beloved wife close to death," he pouted childishly. "I don't mean to be harsh, but if your daughter makes my Dayoungie cry again, I will make sure there will be a penalty, Inyoung-shii."

Daehyun bowed his head, setting Dayoung down to the ground, and ushering her through the doors of the classroom. The mother before him nodded, ogling her unashamed eyes over his toned body. "I'll let you off easy this time," he told her firmly, snapping her out of her trance. "But really," he said, "nobody makes my princess cry... not even me or my wife."

 

|xoxo|

 

Jung Daehyun

Status: Decent daddy.