Jung Daehyun: Satisfactory Daddy

The Daddy Chronicles

"I got this."

 

|xoxo|

 

Too fast for him did her fourth birthday come.

Too fast for him did she pass her infant stage.

And now, looking at his four year old daughter, Daehyun could only smile as she blew out the flames upon the candles that were perched on top of her chocolate cake. She clapped furiously, smiling ambiguously at the cheering crowd; and then she locked eyes with his. "Appa!"
"Ne, happy birthday, princess," he cooed softly, pressing his lips to her temple. "Appa and umma got you a present!"
Gently, he placed a neatly wrapped package into her stubby fingers, flicking her forehead playfully as she thanked him. "Your umma and I got this for you; so in return, Dayoungie must be a good girl, araseo?"
"Ne, appa!"

Too fast for him did Dada turn into Appa.

Too fast for him did she no longer need to wear diapers.

"Woah!"

Out Dayoung pulled the newest edition of the Pororo doll collection. She beamed happily up at her parents, more particular at Daehyun, though -- the one she's grown most attached to out of the two. "Gamsahamnida!" she chorused fluently, bowing her head to her respective parents.
"Mm," Daehyun purred quietly. "No problem, baby."

--

"Appa!"

Daehyun shot up from the couch, and averted his alarmed attention to his wife and daughter, who both held the Pororo doll in their hands -- Pororo's stitching was coming off. His wife grinned sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck. Dayoung's wailing drove Daehyun to jog carefully to the two females, his eyes concerned and masked with a fervent worry. "Appa, Pororo is hurt!" Dayoung sobbed, wiping her murky tears with the back of her hand.

Her reddened cheeks stood out in the dim lighting. Daehyun frowned. 

He hated to see his princess like this.

"I would fix it, and not bother you.. but I don't know how to sew or --"
Daehyun smiled, shaking his head. "I'll fix it. It's just a small rip... Let Doctor Appa take care of it, araseo?" He bowed down to peck Dayoung on the forehead, and back up to kiss his wife tenderly on her lips. "Don't worry," he whispered.
"But you're tired --"
"Not too tired to tend to my family," he interjected, wrapping his arms around her as he scooped up Dayoung into his arms. "Would you like to see Appa stitch Pororo back together?" he inquired Dayoung innocently.
She nodded, her tears now only a dry stain on her cheeks; her frown replaced with a wide grin that was bright enough to light up the whole town.

Now this was how he wanted his princess to look like.

"Thank you," his spouse whispered apologetically.
"I'm a father as much as you are a mother; that doesn't change just because I have BAP promotions," he argued kindly. "Go to bed; I got this.. Dayoung-ah, kaja! We have to fix Pororo!"

 

|xoxo|

 

Jung Daehyun

Status: Satisfactory daddy