Jung Daehyun: First-time Daddy

The Daddy Chronicles

"Can I hold her?"

 

|xoxo|

 

Daehyun's breath caught in his throat as the nurse walked back in with a pink bundle occupying her arms; his gaze averted over to his sleeping wife, who was resting peacefully after a long thirteen hour's worth of child labor.
He shifted his astounded optics back to the nurse, who glanced at him briefly with a comforting smile. 
"A girl," she announced with a cheerful beam., drawing a dreamy sigh from the sienna-haired male standing before her.

"Can I... Can I hold her?" Daehyun croaked nervously. A pinkish hue cascaded across his define cheekbones as he received his daughter from the nuse; he blinked bemusedly at the small infant in his arms, tracing his bewildered eyes over every feature of the puny thing he was currently cradling. "Dayoung," he murmured softly to himself. He grinned, laughing breathlessly as he proceeded to sway his arms gently back and forth, not even noticing the absence of the nurse that had accompanied him just seconds ago.
He repeated her name over and over again -- the same name he's been waiting to call out to for nine months now.
"Jung Dayoung," he whispered lovingly, "you're just as beautiful as your mother, you know that?"

The offspring neither opened her eyes nor did she even acknowledge the presence of her father. But even the slightest crinkle of her nose made Daehyun happy; even the softest stir in her sleep was able to set off a thousand bombs in Daehyun's heart. 

"I'm your daddy, Dayoung-ah.. and I'll be the best daddy you'll ever know!"

 

|xoxo|

 

Jung Daehyun

Status: First-time daddy.