2/3

A Pre-school With A Love Story

The next day…

“Sunggyu~” Sungjong called as he waited for his brother by the door. “If we don’t hurry up then all the good cakes will be bought already.”

“Waaaiit!!” Sunggyu cried as he rushed downstairs as fast as his short legs can take him. When he got to the last step he quickly grabbed Sungjong’s hand and rushed out the door. “Hurry up hyung!”

“Ok ok,” Sungjong laughed at his brother’s eagerness.

The bakery was on the way to Summer Days pre-school so it wasn’t a hassle to go there. Once the two of them entered they were immediately greeted by the smell of freshly baked bread and different kinds of pastries making Sunggyu get all excited from all the choices to pick from.

“Look Jongie-hyung! They have a Pororo cake! We should get that,” Sunggyu smiled happily.

“This is Sungyeol-hyung’s cake remember,” Sungjong said as he crouched down to his brother’s height. “Do you think he’ll like this Pororo cake?”

“Everyone likes Pororo,” Sunggyu said as he extended his hands to emphasize the word everyone. “Sungyeol-hyung says he also likes Pororo.”

“Okay then,” Sungjong smiled as he asked the shop assistant to box the Pororo cake for them.

When they got out of the shop did Sungjong started thinking seriously about his dilemma last night. He wonders what can he give to Sungyeol on his special day?

“Neh Gyu,” Sungjong started as the two of them walked hand in hand. “What does Sungyeol likes besides Pororo?”

“Owls,” Sunggyu started making Sungjong laugh a little. “And the color pink, he likes to dance weirdly and he loves our aegyo! Except Woohyun-hyung’s, he hates Woohyun-hyung’s aegyo.”

“Oh?” Sungjong said as he listened to his dongsaeng’s words, it didn’t really help him think of a gift but at least he learned a bit more about Sungyeol.

“Oh yeah hyung, what’s a brother-in-law?” Sunggyu asked as he remembered Woohyun’s words from yesterday.

“A brother-in-law is the brother of the person that you’ll marry one day Sunggyu,” Sungjong explained. “Why did you ask?”

“Woohyun-hyung said that Sungyeol-hyung will be my brother in law soon,” Sunggyu replied making Sungjong stop in his tracks resulting to Sunggyu stopping to since their hands were intertwined. “Does that mean you’ll marry Yeollie-hyung one day?”

“N-no,” Sungjong stuttered turning totally red in the face.

“Why won’t you marry him hyung?” Sunggyu asked with a small pout. “I like Yeollie-hyung, he gives me extra lemon candies during recess, it’d be nice if you be with him forever so I always get extra candies.”

“It’s not that simple Gyu,” Sungjong sighed at his brother’s innocence.

“Why??” Sunggyu whined. “You like him right hyung? Just like how umma likes appa.”

“Maybe,” Sungjong said more to himself than to his brother.

“Then why won’t you marry him Jongie-hyung??” Sunggyu whined while jumping up and down in annoyance.

“Does Sungyeol-hyung like me like how appa likes umma?” Sungjong asked and Sunggyu stopped for a second.

“I don’t know,” Sunggyu pouted. “But I bet he does.”

“You don’t know that for sure,” Sungjong chuckled as the neared the pre-school. “We’re here.”

“Let’s ask Sungyeol-hyung if he’ll marry you then!” Sunggyu suddenly said excitedly letting go of Sungjong and running to his classroom.

“Yah! Lee Sunggyu!” Sungjong cried as he ran after his brother. “Aish that brat.”

“Sungyeol-hyung! Sungyeol-hyung! Sungyeol-hyung!” Sunggyu happily called when he got to his classroom but was easily disappointed when he saw that his teacher was not there. “Neh Junhee, where’s Yeollie-hyung?”

“Dongwoo-hyung’s distracting him while we decorate the classroom remember?” Junhee replied as he showed the streamers he and Yunjae were putting up.

“Oh yeah,” Sunggyu said as he suddenly remembered why he woke up early in the first place. “The cake!”

“Is right here,” Sungjong huffed as he reached the classroom holding the cake.

“Thank you Jongie-hyung,” Sunggyu smiled as he placed the Pororo cake at the center of the main table.

“Did you say anything to Sungyeol-hyung?”

“Hyung is not here yet,” Sunggyu replied as he shook his head.

“Good,” Sungjong sighed in relief. “I’m gonna go now Gyu, be a good boy and please don’t have any marriage talk anymore.”

“But-” Sunggyu started but got cut off when he’d hyung placed a finger on his lips.

“Shh,” Sungjong smiled.

“Fine,” Sunggyu pouted and Sungjong ruffled his hair before giving him a quick hug before he left for his own school. “Bye hyung!”

“Come one Sunggyu,” Yunjae pulled at his sleeve. “Yeollie-hyung will be here any moment so we have to hide!”

“I’ll turn of the lights now!” they heard Junhee shout as they all hid under tables or behind shelves waiting to surprise their teacher.

The whole class was very quiet as they waited for their teachers to come. After a few seconds of waiting did they suddenly hear Hoya’s voice from down the hall signaling that they were coming.

“Then the dragon actually ate the unicorn in my dream!” Hoya cried as they neared the classroom.

“Was your dream on drugs or something-” Sungyeol stopped what he was going to say as he saw the lights in the classroom were off and not a sound was heard panic began to engulf him as he thought were the children could be, he turns to Hoya to panic-

“SURPRISE!!” cried the children in unison as Hoya the lights. “Happy Birthday Sungyeol-hyung/oppa!”

“Wha?” Sungyeol said as he was totally confused as he just got over a panic attack. “God you almost gave me a heart attack!”

“Yey!” the children laughed as if Sungyeol having a near heart attack was good. “We surprised him!”

They all then proceeded to sing a happy birthday song to Sungyeol who was smiling from ear to ear. He blew out the candles on the Pororo cake and then proceeded to give them all slices while thanking them.

“You guys are really the best students I’ve ever had,” Sungyeol smiled at all of them.

“Saranghae oppa/hyung!” the class cried in unison.

“Saranghae~” Sungyeol answered with a heart.

Hoya then let the class have fun games the whole day because it was what Sungyeol wished for. Sungyeol smiled while watching the kids play happily with each other thinking that their happiness might just be the greatest birthday gift he got. As the birthday boy sat on one of the tables while eating cake with Hoya did Sunggyu suddenly approach them with a question.

“Sungyeollie-hyung~” Sunggyu started. “Will you marry my Jongie-hyung??”

Sungyeol almost choked on his food as Hoya laughed out loud.

“I’ll leave the two of you to talk,” Hoya laughed as he stood up to play with the kids.

“Wha-what are you saying all of a sudden Sunggyu?” Sungyeol asked.

“I’m asking you if you’ll marry my hyung?” Sunggyu repeated. “I want you to marry Jongie-hyung.”

“I can’t just marry your hyung Gyu-yah,” Sungyeol said.

“Why nooot??” Sunggyu whined. “You like my hyung right? Right?”

Sungyeol didn’t speak. He knows Sunggyu and Sungjong are really close so if he tells the younger that he likes his hyung then of course Sunggyu will tell Sungjong and then that would make their current relationship awkward and Sungyeol thinks that that hurts more than getting rejected-

“Because Jongie-hyungie likes you to,” Sunggyu said making Sungyeol gawk at him. “So I’m sure you like him too.”

“What did you say?” Sungyeol asked. “Sungjong likes me?”

“Yup,” Sunggyu smiled. “Just like how umma likes appa.”

“What?!” Sungyeol said a bit red as his heart race, but he doesn’t want to get his hopes up.

“I asked him if he likes you just like how umma likes appa,” Sunggyu explained. “And he said maybe and umma says that’s another word for yes.”

“Really?!” Sungyeol cried happily as he sees a light in his love life. “You’re not kidding me now are you Gyu?”

“I never tell lies you know,” Sunggyu promised. “So will you marry Jongie-hyung??”

“I would if you’d give me permission,” Sungyeol smiled.

“I give it to you!” Sunggyu smiled happily as he hugged Sungyeol. “Yey! Two of my favorite people ever will be together forever!!”

“Don’t get to excited,” Sungyeol laughed. “Now go play with your friends and I’ll clean up the plates.”

“Ok,” Sunggyu said happily as he rushed to Junhee and Yunjae.

As Sungyeol cleaned the table and the plates a big smile never left his face because there’s a huge possibility that Sungjong likes him back. Maybe this is the sign he was waiting for, a sign saying that he should confess his feelings to the younger cause they’ll be happy together. He’ll take really good care of Sungjong and always make sure he’s happy, Sunggyu made a great choice for his brother-in-law.

“What are you all smiling there about?” Hoya suddenly interrupted his daydreams of being Sungjong’s husband.

“Nothing,” Sungyeol smiled. “I’m just happy about the party.”

“Are you sure it’s not because Sunggyu gave you his grace to marry his beloved brother,” Hoya smiled.

“Maybe,” Sungyeol just grinned and Hoya rolled his eyes at his friend.

“Whatever,” Hoya laughed as he pulled his friend. “The day’s almost over now help me get the kids ready before their parents arrive.”

“Okay!” Sungyeol replied happily as Hoya laughed at him. Hoya prays that whatever SUngyeol is planning will go right cause today is his special day.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After a while did the parents start arriving and Sungyeol immediately started looking for Sungjong’s angelic smile, for some reason though he doesn’t see the feminine boy at once like always. A few of the parents already left with their kids giving him more space to search but still no sign of Sungjong, although someone else did catch Sungyeol’s attention.

It was a young male who looks younger than him but maybe just a year or so. He had ebony black hair and a model like face that would clearly make the girls swoon at once the most distinct thing about him though is that he was wearing the exact same uniform that Sungjong always wear when he picks Sunggyu up.

“Myungsoo-hyung,” Sunggyu suddenly said from beside Sungyeol and the model like boy turned his head towards them.

“Sunggyu-yah,” Myungsoo smiled as he made his way over to them. “I’m here to pick you up.”

“Excuse me,” Sungyeol said as he blocked Myungsoo’s path towards Sunggyu. “I’m afraid you’re not one of Sunggyu’s legal guardians so I can’t just let you pick him up.”

“It’s okay Sungyeol-hyung,” Sunggyu interjected. “Myungsoo-hyung is Sungjong-hyung’s best friend.”

“But it’s against the rules to let someone who’s not one of your guardians enlisted on our list to pick you up,” Sungyeol explained patiently as he looked back at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo just looked at Sungyeol this whole time and to be honest it was making Sungyeol feel nervous. He just met the boy but Sungyeol could just feel Myungsoo’s eyes search his very soul.

“You’re Sungyeol?” Myungsoo asked.

“Yeah,” Sungyeol said cautiously.

“How old are you?”

“24.”

“Do you pay rent or is it your own house?”

“I’m slowly paying it to be my own house.”

“Car?”

“After I buy my house.”

“How’s your family?”

“Fine. My brother just entered college and I’m paying his tuition.”

“Responsible I see,” Myungsoo mused as he eyed Sungyeol up and down. “Do you have a girl friend or none?”

“Why do you keep asking me ques-”

“Girlfriend or none?”

“None,” Sungyeol answered. “Shouldn’t I be the one asking you-”

“Here,” Myungsoo cut him off yet again by shoving a piece of paper onto Sungyeol who immediately read it.

Sungyeol-hyung!

It’s me Sungjong ^^ I can’t come and pick up Sunggyu today cause I’m still stuck with my thesis writing >_< so I asked Myungsoo-hyung to pick him up [he’s the guy who looks like a model with eyes that will eat your soul o_o Sunggyu would recognize him ^-^] he’s our neighbor so I give him permission to pick Gyu up.

Oh yeah! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNGYEOL-HYUNG!!! \(^o^)/

 - Lee Sungjong

Sungyeol couldn't help but smile at Sungjong's handwritten letter to the point that he didn't notice that Myungsoo nodded for him and Sunggyu to go which the younger obediently complied.

“We’ll be taking our leave now,” Myungsoo simply said as Sunggyu naturally held hands with him.

“Bye Sungyeol-hyung,” Sunggyu waved happily and Sungyeol waved absently back.

“Who was that?” Hoya asked.

“Sungjong’s overly handsome best friend,” pouted Sungyeol as he went back inside the classroom.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Why did you ask so many questions there Myungsoo-hyung?” Sunggyu asked as they walked home.

“Sungjongie has always been talking about the ever nice Sungyeol in your pre-school,” Myungsoo explained. “So I thought I should get to know him more.”

“Sungyeol-hyungie’s really nice,” Sunggyu smiled. “And he says he likes Sungjongie-hyungie too.”

“He better,” Myungsoo said. “Or else I will hunt down that overly tall teacher for hurting Sungjong.”

“He won’t hurt Sungjong-hyung,” Sunggyu pouted. “Sungyeol-hyung promised me that.”

“Then if he ever hurts Sungjongie the two of us will take care of him right,” Myungsoo smiled. “Cause people after your Sungjongie-hyung needs to go through us first.”

“Right,” Sunggyu replied happily even though he didn’t really know what he was agreeing too.

 


 

this whole story just became longer than I expected o__o I was only planning 2 parts but now it came to 3... and now I'm planning on a special extra for Sungjongie's birthday \(^o^)/

but that extra will either be before or after September 3 cause September 3 will land on a Monday here in my country and I hate mondays >__< not because it's the first day of the week with school but because of my horrible horrible teacher in table tennis >_<

so yeah... hope you anticipate that little ectra for Jongie-oppa's birthday on this fic ^^ [which will hopefully not be as long as this one]