1/3

A Pre-school With A Love Story

 

“Wah!” a tall male in a pre-school’s teacher’s uniform sighed in relief as he sat on the floor of his classroom. “They’re all finally asleep.”

“Oh shut up Sungyeol,” another male wearing the same uniform as the one named Sungyeol only with purple sneakers. “I’m the one who put them to sleep, you just played with them.”

“Yah,” Sungyeol said acting offended. “I played with them to tire them out for you Hoya.”

“Sometimes I wonder if maybe the principal mistook your enrollment to this pre-school as a job application,” Hoya sighed as he sat down next to Sungyeol.

“Are you saying that I should go to pre-school again?!”

“I’m saying that you have the same mindset as these children that’s more than a decade younger than you,” Hoya chuckled softly as to not to wake up the children from their nap.

“The principal did say that he accepted me here cause I can communicate with the kids well,” Sungyeol mused.

“I guess getting along with kids is the number one requirement for being a preschool teacher,” Hoya smiled. “Number two is being neat, now come one and let’s clean the toys up before nap time is over or else they’ll trip on them.”

“Deh~” Sungyeol said as he followed the slightly older male up and started to clean.

The classroom today was extra messy cause the kids decided to play pirates and of course imaginary boats with canons were built and what pirate adventure would be complete without explosions? Or in this case toys flying everywhere?

“We’ll never clean this up in time,” Sungyeol complained.

“We won’t if you will keep complaining,” Hoya retorted.

“But there’s too many toys,” Sungyeol whined as he carelessly dropped the toys into the toy box completely forgetting that there are kids sleeping.

“You idiot!” hissed Hoya as Sungyeol realized his mistake. The two of them didn’t dare move as they looked at the kids, but thankfully none of them woke up, none if you didn’t count the 6-years-old child with small eyes looking sleepily at them.

“Sunggyu,” Sungyeol whispered acknowledging the boy. “Go back to sleep.”

“Can’t,” Sunggyu replied as he held his blanket. “Sungyeol-hyung’s whining is too loud.”

Hoya had to suppress a laugh and Sungyeol kicked him slightly on the knee.

“Are you still cleaning up?” Sunggyu asked as he stood up to walk towards them.

“Yeah,” Hoya replied. “You guys played a lot today so there are toys everywhere.”

“I’ll help clean,” Sunggyu said cutely while looking up at them with those small eyes of his.

“No it’s fine Sunggyu-ah,” Hoya smiled at the younger. “The two of us can manage.”

“Yeah Gyu,” Sungyeol smiled while ruffling the small child’s brown hair.

“But my hyung said that I should help those who need help,” Sunggyu said. “He says it’ll make me a good boy.”

“Do you really want to help?” Hoya asked and Sunggyu nodded. “Okay then, you and Sungyeol will work on that side while I clean here.”

“Okay,” Sunggyu smiled as he started picking up toys.

“The kid’s more responsible than you,” Hoya snickered and Sungyeol just pouted irritably before following Sunggyu in his endeavor.

Sungyeol didn’t mind cleaning with Sunggyu because truthfully the small eyed boy was one of his favorite students not only was he well behaved but Sunggyu is also smart for his age he also seems to be a leader to the other students with how the other kids listen to him. Another reason why Sungyeol just likes Sunggyu very much is personal and is a secret – although Hoya along with Woohyun and Dongwoo, the teachers in the classroom next to theirs, already know cause Sungyeol is just that easy to read.

“How’s your hyung?” Sungyeol starts casually as they clean.

“Hyung is fine,” Sunggyu smiled but it turned into a worried frown. “But he’s working really hard at his studies now so he isn’t getting much sleep.”

“He’s graduating university soon right?” Sungyeol asked.

“Yup,” Sunggyu smiled a bit proudly. “He’s gonna be some kind of doctor soon!”

“I wish you luck then hyung,” Sungyeol smiled as he placed the last Lego inside the Lego box. “And we’re done!”

“Yey!” Sunggyu cheered happily.

 “Parents and Sunggyu’s older brother will be here soon,” Hoya said with a small smirk as he emphasized Sunggyu’s hyung towards Sungyeol who just looked away. “So let’s wake the kids up now.”

“I’m gonna wake the kids up with Gyugyu,” Sungyeol said.

“Of course,” Hoya chuckled to himself. “Stick with Sunggyu to get on his hyung’s good side.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When all the kids were awake and got their things ready did the parents start coming to pick up their kids, names were called from everywhere as the parents searched for their own children in the hustle and bustle of kids.

“Junhee-yah,” a young looking mom called for her son with a smile.

“Umma!” Junhee called happily and was about to go to her if only he wasn’t stopped by his best friend. “Let go of me Yunjae.”

“Nooo!” Yunjae cried as he hugged Junhee. “We’re still not done playing Junhee! You still need to marry me for the story to be finished.”

“But I already married you yesterday,” Junhee said.

“That was yesterday,” Yunjae whined. “Today is another day that’s why we need to get married again.”

“Marriage doesn’t end in a day you know,” Sunggyu suddenly piped in catching their attention and Junhee was thankful that Yunjae let go of him cause it was getting hard to breathe. “Marriage lasts forever!”

“Really LeaderGyu?!?” Yunjae smiled. “Does this mean that me and Junhee will be together forever 8 times?!”

“Yup,” Sunggyu smiled.

“O my dinosaurs!” Yunjae smiled happily and hugged Junhee once again but not as tight. “I’m gonna take really good care of you Junhee! I’m gonna make you so happy!!”

“Yay!” Junhee cried happily after hearing that and returned the hug. “Let’s go tell my Siwon-umma and your Hakchan-appa!”

“Okay,” Yunjae agreed they then turned to Sunggyu and waved goodbye happily at their friend.

“Aw,” Sungyeol cooed at Sunggyu. “Our Leader Gyu is so mature.”

“I just told them what my parents told me when I wanted to get married,” Sunggyu explained.

“Married?? To who??”

“To my hyung,” Sunggyu replied happily and Sungyeol almost fell to the floor by the shock. “But my umma says I don’t need to marry hyung to be with him forever cause we’re already brothers that will forever stay by each other’s side.”

“O-okay?” Sungyeol replied unsurely, a kid’s innocence knows no bounds.

“Yo Sungyeollie!” a familiar voice called him as that person slung an arm around his neck.

“That hurts Woohyun!” Sungyeol cried.

“What are you stuttering here for?” Woohyun asked ignoring the other’s whines when his eyes landed on Sunggyu. “Oh~”

“What do you mean oh?” Sungyeol asked suspiciously.

“Establishing your friendliness with your future brother-in-law huh,” Woohyun teased and Sungyeol blushed. “Nice~”

“What are you talking about you greasy tree?!”

“Yeah Woohyun-hyung,” Sunggyu added with curiosity. “What’s a brother-in-law.”

“What Sungyeol is gonna call you when you grow up,” Woohyun answered with a smirk and it just increased Sunggyu’s confusion.

“Aish,” Sungyeol said as he puched Woohyun away towards Dongwoo. “Don’t you have your own class to look after?!”

“Sorry Yeol,” Dongwoo apologized as he pulled Woohyun towards their students. “Was Woohyun bothering your students again? He didn’t show his aegyo did he? Did a kid cry?”

“Yah,” Woohyun exclaimed clearly offended. “Why would my adorable aegyo make a kid cry?!”

“He was bothering me,” Sungyeol explained. “Please don’t let him out of your sight again Dongwoo-hyung.”

“That’s kinda hard since Woohyun is more hyper than the kids here,” Dongwoo laughed. “You can go back to your kids now Yeollie-ah, and you better hurry cause Sunggyu’s about to go home with his hyung.”

“What?!” Sungyeol cried and he turned around to rush to Sunggyu and his brother’s side.

“Sungyeol-hyung,” Sunggyu’s brother greeted with a sweet smile that made the teacher’s heart race.

“Sungjong-ah,” Sungyeol replied acknowledging the boy. “You’re gonna take Gyugyu home already?”

“Yup,” Sungjong smiled. “We just can’t seem to find his lunch box.”

“I promise that it was here Jongie-hyung,” Sunggyu said with a pout.

“Arasso,” Sungjong smiled at his little brother as he ruffled the other’s hair. “Maybe someone just pushed it aside a little.”

“We need to find it hyung,” Sunggyu said. “Or else appa’s gonna finish all the samgyupsal that umma cooked.”

“I’m umma won’t let that happen,” Sungjong said as he looked at Sungyeol who was just staring at the brother’s interaction. “Can you help us look for it Sungyeol-hyung?”

“Yeah sure,” Sungyeol quickly agreed cause how can he say no? “Maybe it’s still in the classroom.”

“I’ll help you look,” Sungjong suggested. “You stay here and play with your friends Sunggyu, hyung will be back.”

“Okay,” Sunggyu obediently complied. “But hurry back hyung! I wanna eat samgyupsal!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The two of them then proceeded to walk back to Sunggyu’s classroom and Sungyeol can’t help but feel his heart beat faster with every step. He’s been crushing on the college student ever since he started working here last year right after he graduated. Sure he’s talked with the other before and he can honestly say that they’re already close to the point that they have each other’s phone number but this is the first time he is alone with Sungjong and he really doesn’t know how to act.

They reached the classroom and he instantly saw Sunggyu’s blue Pororo lunch box on top of one of the tables, the kid must have left it there at the rush of going home – and eating samgyupsal.

“There it is,” Sungjong said as he walked towards the lunch box without even noticing the little doll that was hindering his way making him step on it and almost slip.

“Sungjong!” Sungyeol cried as he rushed to catch the other by wrapping his arms on the other’s slender waist. “ that was close.”

“Do I hear a preschool teacher cursing?” Sungjong said with a laugh.

“Sorry,” Sungyeol laughed as he got the other standing up right. “Are you hurt anywhere?”

“No I’m fine,” Sungjong smiled as he grabbed Sunggyu’s lunch box. “Thank you hyung.”

“I couldn’t risk letting you get hurt,” Sungyeol smiled as he ruffled the younger’s hair making him blush slightly.

“We uh,” Sungjong coughed out his embarrassment. “We better get back to Gyu.”

“Yeah,” laughed Sungyeol. “I bet he’s dying to go home for your mom’s samgyupsal by now.”

 

The two of them made their way back and when they got back to the school’s entrance did Sunggyu come rushing to them at once.

“What took you so long?” Sunggyu whined.

“Just to let you know,” Sungyeol said proudly. “I saved your hyung’s life.”

“Really?!” Sunggyu said in amazement as he turned to Sungjong. “Wow Jongie-hyung! You have your own prince charming.”

Sungjong turned bright red at what his brother said while Sungyeol grinned happily.

“That’s right Sunggyu,” Sungyeol said as he crouched down to be eye-level with the kid. “That’s why when Princess Sungjong is in trouble make sure to call me alright.”

“Okay hyung,” Sunggyu happily complied as he turned to Sungjong. “Isn’t this great Jongie-hyug, now I won’t worry about you getting hurt ever again.”

“Arasso,” Sungjong, whose red as a tomato, agreed to the other cause he didn’t want to crush Sunggyu’s imagination and he could feel that his brother is sincere with his words. “Now let’s go home and eat samgyupsal.”

“Yey!” Sunggyu cheered as he started walking slightly ahead.

“We’ll be going now Sungyeol-hyung,” Sungjong bowed to him. “See you tomorrow.”

“Bye~” Sungyeol waved happily as he makes it embedded on his mind to follow what Sunggyu just said about taking care of Sungjong forever, Sungyeol thinks he can live with that.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Some time later at the Lee residence where Sungjong is just about ready to sleep did a small knock come from his door and then his brother’s head peeped in…

“Sungjong-hyung,” Sunggyu said. “Can we go to the bakery tomorrow first before you drop me off at school?”

“Sure but why?”

“I’m the one they assigned to buy a cake for Sungyeollie-hyung,” Sunggyu said proudly. “They gave me the money and everything too.”

“That’s because you’re very responsible,” Sungjong smiled as he ruffled his brother’s hair. “Now go to sleep so that tomorrow may come faster.”

“Good night hyung!” Sunggyu said happily as he got out the door towards his room across the hall leaving Sungjong to ponder tomorrow.

“Sungyeol’s birthday huh?” Sungjong mused, what should he give him? Clothes? Nah. Food? There’s already a cake. Teddy bear? Only he would be happy with that gift. Why is he thinking sop hard about this anyways?

“It’s because he’s nice to Sunggyu.” Sungjong said out loud to himself but his brain says it’s because Sungyeol makes his heart beat faster, his lips smile and his stomach filled with butterflies. “Maybe I’ll look for a gift for him on my way to pick Gyu up.”

Sungjong then closes his eyes with his mind still filled with Sungyeol. He anticipates a nice sleep cause everything just turns nice for Sungjong whenever Sungyeol is involved.

 


 

you don't know how crazy I looked like while laughing to myself while I was typing kid-Gyu XD

and about the random Junhee and Yunjae... I am NOT sorry about that XD I just love them together =3