Extra

A Pre-school With A Love Story

It was arts and crafts time in Sungyeol’s class and he could see all of his students happily making thing with various utensils he especially noticed Sunggyu running back and forth from the arts shelves getting glitter, paint and lots of other colorful things while busily making something Sungyeol can’t seem to recognize.

‘There he goes again,’ thought Sungyeol with a smile as Sunggyu went pass him to get some glue that he obviously couldn’t reach. Sungyeol chuckled a little before going over to fetch it for the younger boy himself. “Here you go Sunggyu.”

“Thank you Sungyeol-hyung,” Sunggyu smiled before rushing of back to work making Sungyeol more curios at what the other was doing, he then decided to take a look.

“What are you doing so busily Sunggyu-ah?” Sungyeol asked casually as he peered to Sunggyu’s work.

“I’m making a card,” Sunggyu replied while sprinkling glitters all over the piece of paper.

“A card?” Sungyeol said as he raised a brow seeing the younger place paper hearts on the card. “For what?”

“For Sungjongie-hyung’s birthday,” Sunggyu replied happily as he now began writing big Happy Birthday letters inside the folded piece of paper.

“S-Sungjongie’s birthd-day?” Sungyeol stuttered a bit.

“Yup,” Sunggyu said happily as he wrote ‘I love you Jongie-hyungie’ at the bottom of the card. “Jongie-hyung turns older today.”

Sungyeol didn’t respond anymore as his mind went into full panic mode. He didn’t know it was Sungjong’s birthday today!! They’ve just been dating for less than a week and they were still in the getting to know you stage!! He’s been trying really hard to remember almost everything about the college boy and he thinks he’s doing great by remembering even the smallest things like his favorite color is yellow, his favorite ice cream flavor is strawberry or that he once had a pet frog but apparently Sungyeol’s been doing the worst job as a boyfriend cause he forgot his Sungjongie’s birthday!

“Yah! Sungyeol!” he suddenly was taken away from his panicking by Hoya who was shaking him furiously. “Are you alright Yeollie?!?”

“No Hoya,” Sungyeol said as he shook his head. “My life is over! Nothing will be alright ever again!”

“What are you saying??!” Hoya said a bit worried.

Sungyeol looked at the kids, especially Sunggyu, and saw that they were still busily working at their arts and crafts projects he then pulled Hoya out the door of their classroom to let out his dilemma.

“I forgot Jongie’s birthday!” Sungyeol cried outside.

“You did??” Hoya said and Sungyeol nodded furiously.

“I did!” Sungyeol said in despair. “What’ll I do?? He’ll hate me so much!!”

“He won’t hate you Yeol,” Hoya said comfortingly with a smile. “He likes you too much to hate you.”

“Jongie being an absolute angel doesn’t change the fact that I forgot his birthday,” Sungyeol stated.

“Look,” Hoya started. “The two of you haven’t been going out for a week yet and you’re still in the getting to know you stage so I doubt Sungjongie will get angry if you forgot his birthday this once.”

“But I still did!” Sungyeol explained. “I am the worst boyfriend ever.”

“No you’re not.”

“Yes I am.”

“No,” Hoya emphasized getting a bit irritated. “You’re not”

“Yes I am,” Sungyeol stood by his point.

“NO. YOU. ARE. NOT!”

“But I am!” Sungyeol cried. “I’m the worst boyfriend ever to walk this earth.”

“Fine!” Hoya cried finally snapping. “Just stay there do nothing, don’t even dare greet him and be the worst boyfriend ever!!”

With that said Hoya stormed back into the classroom but managed to cool himself down and smile for the kids once inside leaving Sungyeol to think about what he just said.

So maybe he isn’t the worst boyfriend ever yet, maybe he can still do something special for his precious Sungjong before this day ends. Flowers? To tacky. Clothes? He’s not really sure what the other would like. Jewelry? Sungjong doesn’t really like fancy things. A cake? That’s it! But it won’t just be any cake, it’ll be Sungyeol-first-ever-hand-baked-cake. He wants to give Sungjong something special that’s not from the store so making something with your own hands is perfect – especially cause it’s something you can eat.

“Hoya,” Sungyeol called as he went inside the classroom again planning to excuse himself for the rest of the day. “Can I-”

“Go,” Hoya shooed him off. “I can take care of the kids so whatever you’re planning just do it.”

“Thank you Hoya~” Sungyeol said happily as he got his back pack and dashed to the grocery store.

“Just don’t buy anything cheap!” Hoya called and he heard Sungyeol reply an ‘Of course not!’ before going out the school.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Baking doesn’t look hard,” Sungyeol mused as he looked at the cook book his mom gave him when he moved in his now current soon to be owned apartment.

Yes, baking doesn’t look hard, but it is hard to do, especially if it’s your first time. Baking will start with the batter first, putting the flour, eggs and baking powder into the bowl was easy enough making Sungyeol pretty confident with himself but then his fight with the mixer began.

“Why won’t you start??” Sungyeol cried as he pressed the on button again and again on the mixer before getting really irritated and hitting the machine making it suddenly go and splatter the batter around the room. “Yah!!”

Good thing Sungyeol’s reflexes were quick as he managed to turn the mixer off saving just enough batter for one layer of cake. The next step in baking is the baking itself and Sungyeol is gonna do it now by placing the round pan filled with cake batter into the oven – but of course something just had to go wrong.

Sungyeol looked at the clock and saw that he was losing time and he decided that he should take the heat of the oven up a notch to hasten the cooking time, surely nothing bad will happen right? I mean, why would they put a number as high as 450 Celsius on the oven if it’s not meant to be used right? Sungyeol then decided to leave the oven alone for him to make the icing.

Since Sungyeol has learned to be patient with the mixer making the icing was simple and went by with no mess, but he felt like he did something wrong as he suddenly smelt something burning. When he smelled that it wasn’t the icing Sungyeol went back to the oven and saw black smoke coming from it making him turn it off at once as he got the burnt cake out of it.

“,” Sungyeol cursed as he looked at the burnt cake. He then poked at it and made a face filled with grimace as it started to crack but his face turned into one of hope as he saw that the inside still looked okay. Maybe there was still hope for this disaster of a cake he has made.

Sungyeol then started to carve all the burnt parts of the cake away making the once round pastry turn into some kind of irregular shape which Sungyeol doesn’t know of.

“It’s better than nothing,” Sungyeol comforts himself as he places tons and tons of icing on the cake until it was completely covered then wrote the words ‘Happy Birthday’ with M&M’s before placing it inside a box with a pretty ribbon on it. He looked around him and made a face when he saw that his kitchen was a complete mess and it’ll take him ages to clean it, but he decides it’s worth it if it’s for Sungjong he then goes back to the pre-school with a cake a cake on his hands, icing on his hair and a smile on his face.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“What happened to you??” was the first thing Hoya asked when Sungyeol got back to the pre-school.

“Nothing,” Sungyeol said a bit confused at the other’s question. “Why’d you ask?”

“How can I not ask when it looks like you rolled flour and icing?” Hoya said.

“Do I look that bad?” Sungyeol said a bit worried.

“Look in a mirror,” Hoya said as he pointed at a mirror in the classroom which Sungyeol quickly ran over.

“Aw Shi---sus,” Sungyeol ended as he remembered there were kids around as he looked at his reflection of a person with icing on his hair and flour on his face.

“How did you end up like that?” Hoya asked.

“I baked,” came Sungyeol’s simple reply as he placed the cake down on one table that the kids weren’t using as he got the flour off of his face.

“You better wash that icing off in the bathroom,” Hoya suggested and Sungyeol gave a quick nod.

“Watch over the cake for me please,” Sungyeol said as he got out of the room towards the bathroom without hearing Hoya’s reply.

Hoya did look after the cake to the point where opened the box to peak at it. Seeing the irregularly shaped cake topped with white frosting and Happy Birthday in M&M’s made Hoya smile. Sungyeol was actually one of Hoya’s hoobaes when they were still in college and even then Hoya has never seen Sungyeol actually make something for the person he likes. He then quickly tied the ribbon back – more neatly this time since Sungyeol used two left hands to tie it before – before his co-teacher came back.

“What’s that Hoya-hyung?” Sunggyu suddenly asked him.

“Your Sungyeol-hyung’s hard work,” Hoya smiled making the little kid more confused. Hoya just ruffled his hair as he smiled. “You’ll see later, for now let’s get you bag cause your brother will be picking you up soon.”

“Okay,” Sunggyu happily complied, probably really excited to give his hyung his birthday present, just as Sungyeol came back from the washroom all clean.

“Is it time to go home now?” Sungyeol asked.

“Yes you little love sick puppy,” Hoya teased. “Now help me get the kids ready before their parents get here.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Do you think Sungjongie-hyung will like my card?” Sunggyu asked Sungyeol while they were waiting for his brother.

“I bet SUngjong would love everything you’ll make for him,” Sungyeol smiled but deep inside he was thinking the same thing about his cake. What if Sungjong doesn’t like what he made? What if it’ll look like crap to him? Aish. He should have just bought a cake instead of making one.

“You’re right,” Sunggyu suddenly said interrupting his thoughts. “Sungjongie-hyung loves handmade things.”

Sungyeol swears o his life that Sunggyu is a little angel sent to him to erase all of his worries.

“There’s hyungie now!” Sunggyu smiled waving at Sungjong who was entering the gates with a smile on his face.

Sungyeol himself couldn’t help but smile as he gripped on the cake box he was holding and Sunggyu ran over to tackle his hyung with a hug.

“Happy happy birthday Sungjongie-hyungie!” cried Sunggyu with a big smile as Sungjong caught him and then carried him.

“Thank you Sunggyu,” Sungjong smiled as the two of them made their way over to Sungyeol.

“Happy birthday Sungjongie,” Sungyeol smiled.

“Thank you hyung,” Sungjong said returning his smile.

“Look hyungie!” Sunggyu cried as he showed Sungjong his card. “I made this for you.”

“Wow!” Sungjong exclaimed as he looked at his card. “It's very beautiful Gyugyu, thank you so much~”

“I made it all by myself too,” Sunggyu said proudly.

“And you did a great job making it,” Sungjong smiled.

“Happy birthday hyung!” Sunggyu said again as he hugged Sungjong by the neck then gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. “I love you!”

“I love you too Sunggyu,” Sungjong smiled as he put his brother down and Sungyeol saw this as an opportunity to give his gift.

“Happy birthday Jongie,” Sungyeol smiled catching the other’s attention. “I, uh, made this for you.”

Sungjong happily accepted the box and his smile grew bigger when he saw the cake inside.

“You made this?” Sungjong said a bit surprised. “I didn’t know you can cook.”

“I don’t,” Sungyeol admitted. “But I wanted to make something special for you, do you like it?”

“I love it actually,” Sungjong smiled and Sungyeol swears that smile will be the death of him one day as he feels his heart beat irregularly – at least he’ll die happy he thinks. Sungjong then takes a finger full of icing and happily eats it before he coughed a little making Sungyeol worried that his cooking might just have poisoned his boyfriend.

“Are you okay?” Sungyeol asked worriedly. “Is it that bad??”

“It’s good,” Sungjong smiled. “It’s really sweet.”

“Is too sweet?”

“It’s as sweet as you,” Sungjong smiled. “So it’s really really sweet.”

“Yeollie-hyung~ why don’t you kiss Jongie-hyung too?”  Sunggyu suddenly said shocking the two of them, Sungjong almost dropped the cake even. “I kissed him you know.”

“Sunggyu, we can’t do that here,” Sungyeol said a bit embarrased.

“But Yunjae said that you should kiss the person you love every time you have a chance,” Sunggyu whined. “That’s why he kisses Junhee every time their together.”

“But Sunggyu-” Sungyeol’s words were cut however when Sungjong suddenly gave him a quick peck on the lips.

“Kiss the person you love every time you have a chance,” Sungjong repeated Sunggyu’s words with a smile and a tomato red face.

“You,” started Sungyeol. “You just make me love you even more.”

“Aigoo,” Hoya suddenly interrupted. “You two are so cheezily sweet when together.”

“Are you jealous Hoaegi?” Woohyun said as he wrapped an arm around Hoya’s neck. “I’d gladly give you a kiss you know.”

“Your grease better stay away from me Woohyun,” Hoya warned although his cheeks were a bit pink.

“Yah!” Dongwoo suddenly joined them. “Keep the lovey dovey moments and the violence on a low cause there are still kids here you know.”

“But me and Hoya was just getting started on being sweet and lovey dovey~” Woohyun said as he rested his head on Hoya’s shoulder.

“We weren’t,” Hoya countered but made no effort to push Woohyun off of him.

“Aww,” Sungyeol pouted wrapping an arm around Sungjong’s small waist. “But I wanted to do more lovey dovey moments with my Jongie.”

“Then let’s go home and be lovey dovey there!” Sunggyu smiled innocently. “We could also eat the cake there!”

“Would you like to come over Sungyeol-hyung?” Sungjong asked his boyfriend.

“I’d love too but the kids-”

“Will be taken care by me,” Hoya suddenly interrupted Sungyeol. “There’s only half of the class left that’s waiting for their parent’s anyway, so you guys go and be lovey dovey at Jongie’s house.”

“Then let’s go home now hyungs!” Sunggyu cried happily as he pulled the other two Sungs by the hand out of the pre-school.

“Bye bye,” Hoya waved. “And just eat the cake okay! Sungjongie’s parents are still there.”

 

Extra within an extra!! EXTRACEPTION!!!

 

“We’re gonna eat some cake~” Sunggyu sang happily as he lead the way home.

“Don’t get your hopes up Gyu,” Sungyeol laughed. “I’m not really sure how my own cake tastes like.”

“I bet it tastes great,” Sungjong encouraged.

“Anything sweet has to be good,” Sunggyu said. “That’s why Jongie-hyung eats lots of sweets every day. He even has a secret candy box in his room.”

“Sunggyu!” Sungjong cried a bit embarrassed.

“Oops!” Sunggyu said as he covered his mouth with his hands. “I forgot that that was a secret.”

“Aigoo~” Sungyeol cooed as he pinched Sungjong’s red cheeks lightly. “You just get cuter with every new thing I learn about you.”

“You’re just saying that,” Sungjong pouted.

“I’m saying it cause it’s true though,” Sungyeol smiled when suddenly Sunggyu dashed forward. “Where is he going?”

“I think he just saw Clara,” Sungjong exclaimed. “She’s the of our mom’s friend.”

“Clara!!” Sunggyu cried as he suddenly tackled a young girl about a year or so younger than him into a hug.

“Sunggyu-oppa!” Clara cried happily as she was crushed into the arms of the little boy.

“Hello Clara,” Sungjong greeted and Clara bowed politely.

“Hi Sungjong-oppa,” Clara greeted happily and then hugged Sungjong. “And happy birthday oppa!!”

“I think you got taller Clara,” Sungjong complimented.

“I did!” Clara said happily. “And one day I’ll be as tall as Sungjong-oppa!”

“Then I’ll be tall as Sungyeol-hyung!” Sunggyu cried. “Or else you’ll be taller than me.”

“Can’t I be taller than you oppa?” Clara asked as she cocked her head to the side cutely.

“No you can’t or else we won’t match like Yeollie-hyung and Jongie-hyung,” Sunggyu said.

“Oh~” Clara said but then got confused again. “Whose Sungyeol-oppa?”

“This guy!” Sunggyu said proudly as he pointed at Sungyeol who gave Clara a friendly smile and wave.

“Hello Clara,” Sungyeol smiled as the little girl stared at him.

“OMAISHISUS Gyu-oppa!” Clara exclaimed. “He’s as tall as a building!”

“I know right!” Sunggyu said happily. “I’ll be as tall as him one day.”

“That will be so cool oppa!” Clara cried happily as the two of them then talked animatedly about what they did that day.

“Clara seems really polite,” Sungyeol complimented.

“She is,” Sungjong agreed with a teasing smile. “Which is why I like teasing Sunggyu to her.”

“Typical older brother,” Sungyeol said with a smile and a roll of his eyes.

“I actually want the two of them to end up together,” Sungjong said as Sunggyu was proudly saying how he got first at their game today and Clara saying ‘Oppa you’re so cool!’. “If only his brother will let her get married.”

“His brother?” Sungyeol said with a raise of a brow at hearing about yet another protective older brother.

“Yeah,” Sungjong smiled. “Neh Clara, where is your older brother?”

“MyungMyungie-oppa is in the bathroom,” Clara replied as she pointed at a convenience store they were standing in front of. “I can’t go inside your bathroom oppa so I decided to stay here.”

“MyungMyungie-oppa?” Sungyeol repeated as he got a pretty good feeling who that oppa is.

And as if by cue out comes Sungjong’s ever perfectly handsome faced best friend, Kim Myungsoo, who is also apparently called MyungMyungie-oppa to Clara.

“Why is the men’s CR so occupied right now,” Myungsoo mumbled irritated at himself and then he looked at his little sister with a warm smile on his face not noticing Sung trio’s presence at once. “I’m sorry you had to wait long Clara, did you miss oppa? You didn’t talk to any strangers, right?”

“It depends on the people you think are strangers,” Sungjong said catching his friend’s attention.

“Jongie,” Myungsoo smiled. “And Sunggyu too. Along with the tall teacher Sungjel. Or was it Sungmin? Sungri?”

“Sungyeol,” Sungjong corrected with a laugh.

“Oh yeah,” Myungsoo sighed as he realized his mistake. “Sorry, I’m not good with names.”

“It’s,” Sungyeol replied a bit awkwardly. “It’s fine.”

“He really isn’t good with names,” Sungjong said as he lifted Sungyeol’s chin up. “You have to spend a few times with him before he can remember your name.”

“Yeah,” Myungsoo replied and Sungyeol didn’t know whether to put his face as apologetic or not cause the boy’s facial features was really hard to read. “Well then, me and Clara will go home now, say your goodbyes Clara.”

“It was nice meeting you Sungyeol-oppa,” She smiled with a bow as Sungyeol returned the gesture. “Happy birthday Sungjongie-oppa!!”

“Thank you Clara,” Sungjong replied as he was once again hugged by the little girl.

“Bye bye Sunggyu-oppa!” Clara said happily as she was the one who now tackled her friend into a hug.

“Bye bye Clara,” Sunggyu said as he returned the hug before letting go and then going to their respective brother’s sides.

“Bye Jongie,” Myungsoo smiled as he took hold of her sister’s hand. “Happy birthday!”

“Bye bye~” Sungjong and Sunggyu waved at them but then Sunggyu remembered something.

“Clara!!” Sunggyu cried making the Kim siblings look back at them as Sunggyu rushed to them. Then suddenly, oh so surprisingly suddenly, Sunggyu gave a quick peck on Clara’s lips and pulled away quickly with a smile on his face. “My friend said kiss the people you love every time you have a chance.”

“Does that mean you love me oppa?”

“Of course,” Sunggyu smiled. “You’re one of my most precious friends.”

“NOOO!!” Myungsoo suddenly cried as he fell on his knees. “Clara’s precious lips have been tainted!!”

“Stop being dramatic Myung,” Sungjong said as he approached his brother to keep him out of harm’s way aka Myungsoo. “They don’t even know what kiss really means.”

“But-”

“It’s innocent and sweet Myungsoo,” Sungjong said cutting of his friend. “Besides, I don’t hear Clara protesting against it.”

“I’m fine Myungie-oppa,” Clara smiled innocently. “The kiss makes me feel all tingly inside.”

“But,” Myungsoo started but can’t seem to find any protest against his sister. “Fine.”

He then stood up and gave a quick glance at Sunggyu but his view was blocked by Sungjong who was giving him a ‘you-dare-do-anything-to-my-little-brother-and-you-are-dead-Kim-Myungsoo-so-just-accept-the-fact-that-he’ll-be-you-brother-in-law’ making Myungsoo frown a little but looking at Clara’s innocent smile washes that frown away.

“We’ll take our leave now,” Myungsoo said and was about to go but of course not before warning the person who ‘tainted’ his sister’s lips. “I’ll be watching you Lee Sunggyu.”

“Okay hyung,” Sunggyu replied happily obviously oblivious to the meaning of Myungsoo’s words.

“You too you giraffe of a teacher,” Myungsoo warned suddenly taking Sungyeol a back. “I’ll be watching you.”

“Bye bye oppas!” Clara said happily oblivious to the fact that two of those oppas have just been placed at the top of Myungsoo’s list.

 


 

the day I actually finish a birthday fic on that person's birthday I swear I will buy a tub of ice cream for my family for celebrating...

there's an extra within this extra because... well... I can LOL

hope you guys liked this short story~ comment below and tell me what you think ^^