To Match up (SooHan)

For Her [A ExoYoung drabble series]

 

She pushed the heavenly smelling caramelized banana waffle in his direction, waiting for him to dig in with his usual gusto when she saw him gulp visibly, biting his lips as though in contemplation before shaking his head vigorously.

He's denying sweets.

Shrugging, she pulled the dessert back to her side and went on slicing the fluffy waffles to pieces. For once, she was glad that her bangs hid her eyes as she spied his reaction from beneath and knew her instinct was right. He didn't reject it voluntarily. 

It was a forced move.

Sooyoung knew her childhood friend well enough that not once in their ten years of friendship had she seen Luhan restrain himself from dessert. She wouldn't be comfortable with such action in the past, and neither is she starting now.

Deliberately, she pierced a banana with the waffle, letting it hover between them as she poked the fork close to his face; so close, it was mere inches from his nose, enough for him to breath in the tantalizing smell of batter with a hint of banana.

 Luhan swallowed hard once again.

"Sure you're not eating it?" She waved the piece of food sideways, intensifying its aroma.

His lips parted, ready to object, when he felt found his mouth suddenly full with something soft and sweet. His taste buds imploded with flavors while he slowly chewed, savoring that one bite of waffle she'd so sneaky slipped into his mouth.

She flashed an impish grin, telling him any retort would only bounce off her ignorant ears as she fed him yet another bite of heaven.

Sooyoung laid back in her seat with her mission accomplished; the empty plate sitting between them the evidence of her success. She looked at him from across the table, at the look of partial remorse and satisfaction on his face before nudging his leg with her foot.

"The guys are telling me I'm getting rounder these days." Luhan complained, leaning back on his chair, mimicking her posture.

Sooyoung assessed his body form, admitting that he did somehow look bigger, but in a good way.

"And...?"

A beat passed before her ears barely caught onto his answer.

"What?"

"You're not!" He announced louder this time, glaring at her.

Sooyoung did her best to process his train of thoughts. Sure, she'd always been on the skinny side despite her not wanting to. Honest to God she ate, more so than an average person should, but her metabolism seem to favor her, enough that excess food get burned as well. Sooyoung never get why others would envy her chopsticks figure, especially not the male across her who love snacking as much as her.

"Hon, someone must have taken Luhan away while I wasn't with you because the male I know should clearly understand that I hate being skinny. Given a choice, I'd rather my figure produce the evidence of my appetite. You've been skinny in the past, and the added roundness only help emphasize your good looks. Whoever told you to go on a diet must have been blind, or is one hell of a jealous fool. " Sooyoung glanced at the slim watch around her wrist, noting how fast time had passed.

"I got to go. Anyway, I wouldn't worry if I were you. In my eyes, you'd always be that handsome prince I got from my first impression of you back when we were kids." Sooyoung smiled, making her way to his side of the table for a quick hug before leaving a blushing Luhan staring at the unpaid bill on the table.