To Assure (KaiYoung)

For Her [A ExoYoung drabble series]

 

They turned guilty looks in her direction as she strode in through the door. Without them uttering a single word, she knew what has caused his show of tantrum. Glaring at the black toy fearfully clutched in Baekhyun's hand, she clucked her tongue before heading towards the only closed door in the house.

With a single knock, she let herself into the room devoid of most things dark and easily spotted the tanned male standing by the window, his full lips in a downward pout as he glared out to the scenery.

"I see someone's in a bad mood." Sooyoung stated, flopping down unceremoniously on his bed, picking up the single brown toy she'd bought him last month. (The only dark object he'd allowed to be placed in his space)

Kai gave a noncommittal reply, refusing to give up his post by the window. He knew if he looked at her, his temper would cease and he'd easily forgive those idiots outside.

Of course, his roommates knew of his weakness when it comes to Sooyoung. He can't possibly stay angry with a girl whose logic could make even the smartest person feel stupid.

"When are you ever going to stop feeling sensitive towards your own skin tone?" Her words were casual, her meaning anything but.

"I'm always being made fun of for not being like the typical Korean male!" Even his usual defensive reply sounded silly when spoken in front of her.

 Her face told him just how mature he was when he finally turned to look at her after the unbearable silence; added to that was the way she was pointing gesture with the toy in her arms.

"So I should avoid anything dark colored as well? I'm a girl, Kai. Isn't it worse for me? I know how those guys can be when they really want to irk you, but that doesn't mean they are intentional on making you feel bad. If you didn't feel so insecure in the first place, this wouldn't have flustered you so badly. Kai, sometimes fitting in isn't a good thing, you know. It's time you get over such superficial insecurities." Giving the toy a final squeeze, Sooyoung got to her feet and closed the gap between them.

Thinking she was about to give him another round of scolding, he was unprepared when her palms landed firmly against his cheeks before she rubbed it in random directions with a grin on her face. Just as abruptly, she let go before heading for the door.

At the last moment, with the door slightly ajar, she turned and banished his complex with her parting sentence.

"Plus, I've always liked black man."