04 - Back.

Half-broken

Somehow, time seemed to pass by fast because school ended sooner than expected. Guess the whole considering of whether wanting to go meet him later or not do take up a lot of time.

“Noona, I know I already said this. Please go. I can even go with you if you want. At least you won’t be alone if you suddenly decide to break down and need someone there to comfort you. I feel guilty after listening to what you had to say. I don’t mean the sudden change of attitude but I mean it, I really will be there for you, comforting you if you need it. So?”

This boy. I know that he’s caring and for a guy, he worries a lot, just like how he was towards me and his hyungs. But… I sighed. I continued packing my bag and left the class.

“Noona! Wait for me? Are you really going?”

I stopped to look at him and then walked out the school gate, letting my feet make the decision.

~

“Noona, are you nervous? I bet hyung would be too. Oh wait, but he met you yesterday already. Ah, but knowing hyung, he’d still be nervous.”

“Zelo, I know I was mean to you when you first came here but don’t think I could have easily forgiven all of you for leaving me all alone. Just because I said a few words to you just now, everything would be okay.”

“Oh sorry Noona.” He lowered his head to stare at the ground.

“I don’t want to be mad at you, Zelo. You’re the last person I want to be mad at actually. I know I’m wrong for even being mad at you when you’re not to be blamed but… You know how I feel all these while don’t you?”

“Yes, noona. And I’m sorry for that too.”

I suddenly stopped and he started complaining about not warning him. He was being too noisy that the other person who stood a few feet before me turned to look at us. At that moment, our eyes met and the world seemed to stop moving.

“Oh, Noona… I’ll be over there. Just in case you need someone okay,” he said pointing to a bench on the far end of the park and started walking towards Daehyun before patting his hyung on the shoulder. “I hope you’ll forgive him and hear him out.”

Seeing Zelo leaving me there alone, he walked towards me.

Oh no, I’m not prepared for anything.

“Younha… Thank you for coming.”

He looked at me, eyes showing no emotion. Oh god, he looked terrible. Maybe because it was dark last night that I didn’t see him clearly but now that I do, he looked so terrible. He looked thinner than usual, his hair longer than usual and very very messy, his skin so pale. He wasn’t kidding when he said he was suffering too.

Deciding to break the all-too-familiar silence, he started apologising again.

“I know this is not enough for the pain I’ve caused you. Zelo told me what you told him this morning. And we’re sorry.” I looked in the direction of Zelo who was looking at us, from far.

“As for the rest, they feel guilty for not stopping her. You know they were there too and they really feel guilty for even letting such things happened. You know I love you, and… I still do. I’ve missed you the entire time. I’ve been reflecting the past year and I thought I lost you…”

“You did…”

I looked up seeing his eyes starting to water.

“You didn’t even find me. I was really broken. You didn’t even come back to explain the whole situation. You let me think the worse of you. You were such a coward Jung Daehyun.”

He lowered his head, feeling so guilty.

“Even when I walked away from you the last time I saw you, you didn’t even stop me. You let me go. Did you really let me go?”

“No! I would never do that. It’s just… I just feel so guilty. My life has been a shade of black and grey the whole entire time I was missing you, feeling all guilty. But one thing for sure, I never stopped loving you. Please believe me.”

I looked away. Seeing this side of him really hurts me. No matter how much I’ve learned how to stay strong but really looking at him on the verge of crying, seeing him all too weak, I just couldn’t. I didn’t want to admit this but he still has a spot in my heart somewhere.

He took two strides towards me closing the too big gap between us, while I lay frozen at the spot. Seeing how I’m not moving, he took bigger strides till he was right in front me. A distance where he could just lean in to kiss me. That was how close we were.

“I know I’m the biggest jerk here that you’ve ever met. And I don’t deserve you but you’re a sweet girl that I don’t want to lose. You’re such a treasure. For all those days that you’ve been suffering, I want to make it up to you. So please, forgive me.”’

I looked up at him before looking down at the ground. Again, I looked up at him, trying to see any sense of joke in his eyes but nothing. It was dark, cold and emotionless and maybe pain. I opened my arms and hugged him.

“You’re right. You’re a jerk, a really horrible jerk that I just feel like punching you in the face. But you’re also the jerk that made me cry and laugh. I’ve suffered the whole year, enduring all those rude remarks they were throwing at me. I endured the whole full year and still am. They made me the bad person Daehyun. It was such painful experience. The thought of dying did occur to me but I don’t know why… Why I didn’t do it. Maybe because I was still hoping.”

Now, I could feel hot tears streaming down my face as I broke away from the hug and looked up at his face.

“However, I’d be lying if I say I didn’t miss you during those days I’ve suffered so much. True, there were times when I felt like coming over and kill you but then what do I get if I lose someone so dear to me? Oh what am I talking about? I lost him back then.”

“I’m sorry Younha.”

He hugged me back. “I missed this. I miss you being in my arms once again. I’m sorry once again. You’ve really suffered a lot because of me huh?”

“You don’t say.”

Zelo’s POV

I think that’s my cue to leave. I’m so grateful that they made up. Honestly though, hyung was a mess, a complete mess. I think he’s even messier than mess when Younha noona decided to walk away from his life.  He loved her so deeply. Ever since that day, he never had proper meals, he’d just stay locked in his room, he stopped going to clubs and when that evil noona came, he literally slammed the door in her face. He’d just scream his head off in his room and sometimes I’d hear him cry to sleep, though not often but because the next morning, his eyes were all puffy then it already is. I feel so bad for him. We, as his brothers, felt bad for him but there was nothing we could do. It was our fault, okay maybe not mine, I’m an underaged. Yongguk hyung didn’t allow me and Jongup to go because we were underaged. I wasn’t there to witness what happened and be a part of it. Okay, but fine, still.

Yeah, when I told him about Younha noona being in the same class as me, he was all happy. He even asked me for her number which unfortunately, I didn’t have. He lost her contact when his phone went missing at location of incident. For hyung, I asked everyone for her number and thank goodness, at least someone has her number. That night when he decided to call her, he was nervous yet excited. We were happy for him though because at that short period of time, he was feeling so much better. But then Younha noona hung on him and he called her again but her phone was off and there he goes back, being frustrated and blaming himself. You have no idea how sorry we felt.

I got to know about noona always being in the library till late so I told hyung about it and he seemed like he has a plan for it. I found out that he went out early yesterday and came out all broken in the middle of the night. His knuckles were bleeding so badly.

And now, I’m glad noona feels so much better. The happy ending. Though I could tell Younha noona was not all willing to accept him back and forgive him, I’m sure it’s because she loves him just as much as he does. Now we know what love can do to an individual. The power of love.

~

“What happened to your hand?” I asked him when we were over at my house.

“Oh this?” Looking at his knuckles.

I kissed his injured knuckles because I knew it was because of me.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have been very busy with training and outing with my friends and family since the Aidilfitri/IdulFitri has yet to end. I wanted to update every day because seeing how this would be the end already but I couldn't find the time. I'm sorry guys.

But, here! The last update from this story. Does it even make sense? Hahah. I hope so.

Thank you my subbies. And thank you for reading. I know some of you are just shy to click on the subscribe button. Oh, it's okay. Hahaha. And to those silent readers who's been bookmarking the chapter, thank you. I feel grateful for all you.

Now we have come to the end and we'll have to part. I hope to see you guys again, soon. (:

 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, to those who are having their holidays, like me :D

 

the_sphinx: HAHAHAH. You're such a loyal reader and commenter (is there such a word?). Thank you. And there, I give you a little happy ending? Heh.