01 - Another year.

Half-broken

Best friend. Is that what you call someone who betrays you for taking away your one and only happiness? A traitor she is now.

What happened was such a big mistake. Never have I met anyone like her before in my 17 years of living. It could be possible that there are people of that kind in this world but I guess, it’s just my luck to meet one now so soon. Why did I even put all my trust, share all my secrets with, and spend so much time with someone who’d end up betraying me? Not so lucky after all huh. But if I think of it, God must have wanted me to face such situation sooner than later. I must, however, be grateful for that.

Whenever I see my best friend, I mean my former best friend, walked pass me along the hallway or anywhere, I can’t help but think of those days and get mad at her. You can say that I was lucky to not be in the same class as her this time round to endure all those rude remarks about me and so and so, seeing how she’d gain sympathy and all that. Just one incident and it cost our 10 years of friendship.

Whatever happened last year, I definitely cannot forgive her for it and even forget about it. They say, girls forgive but don’t forget. You are right, but in this case, I don’t think I’m even close to forgiving her. I can’t even face her right now. It’s like as though I’m the guilty one.

I trusted her with all my deepest secrets and everything! My parents even treated her like theirs, and sometimes even more because she’s all pretty and smart. Oh fine, I didn’t mind that because true enough, we were like sisters, stuck with each other. But I guess it’s all too good to be true when one decides to quit being in this all-too-real relationship.

The boy, whom I truly love, was someone whom I met during one of those public school events where students from different schools join forces to organise an event. His school happened to be one of those few schools and we were assigned to a booth together. He was really very handsome and all the other girls were jealous of me saying how lucky I was and all that.

How unfortunate that such thing had to happen to me while I was still in high school. Because students being students they are, can’t help but gossip about it. They were all over-reacting because there were so many things that they talked about that were not true. I have no idea how they can come up with such thoughts.

However, the thing that really cracks me up the most is that people are still talking about the whole incident like as if it happened just yesterday. When truth is, it happened a year ago. People need to move on. Why am I contradicting myself? Telling people to move on when clearly I’m not.

Shaking that thought off, I headed off for my Maths class and waited for the teacher to arrive.

“Hello class, we’d be having a new student. Class, please welcome Choi Junhong,” My head shot right up from lying on the desk upon hearing that name. I cannot believe what I just saw or heard or in short, I cannot believe the person standing in front of me right now.

“Oh, annyeong noona!” Those words came out so comfortably the moment Junhong, or better known as Zelo, spotted me. I could feel everyone’s stares, burning me from all directions and it definitely didn’t feel comfortable.

“Oh, you know Younha-sshi?” the teacher asked him, not quite believing the situation either.

“Of course!” he exclaimed with so much enthusiasm.

“Well, that’s great. Why don’t you take a seat…” Seeing the empty spot next to me, he’s already making his way towards me. My life just can’t get any better, mentally cursing everything or everyone about having to make my life more miserable than it already is.

“Annyeong noona! I didn’t know you go to this school too.”

What? You didn’t know? Yeah right. That’s a total lie. Why would you want to come up with something like that? The last time when I was introduced to you guys, I was in my school uniform already. Can’t come up with something better huh?

Seeing how I’m not answering, his face dropped with a pout on it. “You know, hyung misses you. And I’m not making it up.”

You just said a big lie and you’re telling me another lie. Wow. And all the acting awards goes to you! I shall applaud you for that.

~

The school bell rang, indicating that it’s time for lunch. Like any other days, I was taking my own time packing my stuff, not wanting to be the first few to leave class. While packing, I couldn’t help but feel someone staring at me. I looked to my right, there he was, looking at me with his doe-like eyes. I glared at him before turning my attention back  to finish packing. Though it’s unfair that I’m giving him the silent treatment for something that he didn’t cause but I do that a lot to other people too.

“Noona, you than anyone else should have known better. Hyung didn’t want it to happen. Why are you being like this?” That really got me thinking. Why am I being like this? He’s asking me that. He knows all of it and he’s still asking me that. Forever the baby of the group.

I picked up my bag and walked out of the class, leaving Zelo still seated in his place with his question unanswered.

~

My phone rang, scaring the soul out of me. Why wouldn’t I be when I’m all alone leaving school at night after camping in the library the whole afternoon ever since school ended?

I looked at the caller ID and saw an unknown number. An unknown number? Who would want to call me? Maybe the person got the wrong number. Giving the person a chance to explain himself for calling the wrong number, I answered the call.

“Hello?”

“Younha...?” That voice. No.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

First chapter is up. And I'm very thankful for my subbies. And the comments posted already.

I feel loved. Hahah.

Please keep the comments coming cause I really don't mind.

 

the_sphinx: Hahaha. Aww. Thank you! Don't cry so here, free hugs for you! (: And yes, Daehyun have been giving me so much Daehyun feels.