SM University Hospital

If EXO Were Doctors

Chen sighed, looking Suho in the eyes, as he waited for a response.
The older man collected himself before speaking. “…I won’t allow you to be late anymore. This hospital can’t function if all its doctors show up late. …….But Chen what if they have legitimate reasons for being late all the time?”
Groaning in annoyance Chen practically snapped, “YOU FIRE THEM. Do you see your problem, Suho? You can’t be soft with them anymore. It’s. Not. Working. I’m trying as best as I can to teach you how to be assertive, you gotta work with me here, okay?”
Suho pushed a hand into his hair running it back. “I know, I know! I just don’t like raising my voice, they all work so hard.”
Chen stifled a laugh before he continued on to finish their session. “You have to talk to them soon though, okay? Of course I’ll be there too, but it’s you who needs to do the talking.” He stood, going to his desk. “Same time next week?”
“Yes, please. Thank you, Chen.” Suho gave a gentle smile before exiting the psychiatrist’s office. He glanced down at his watch before taking off through the hall to his office.

“Jeez, what’s the rush?” Xiumin called to him as he raced by.
“I’m late for meeting the new intern!” Suho replied as he turned the corner, finally slowing down when he reached the door to his office, collecting himself before entering. “I’m sorry I was late, I uh…ahem. Anyways, thank you for being here on time.” he looked at the other man, who gave a less than enthusiastic nod. “So Sehun, let me just fill you in on how we run our internships here and I’ll show you around. I’m sure you’ll fit right in with the rest of our staff. They’re really quite easy to get along with.”

—-

“Thank you again, doctor! This is great news. I really can’t thank you enough.” the woman cooed as she attempted to flirt. Jongin flashed her one of his dizzying smiles as he nodded. “No need to thank me.”
“Oh but I /want/ to, doctor.” She said, walking slowly towards him, swaying her hips in open invitation.
Jongin stood up, spun her around and practically shoved her out of the exam room. “Please don’t. Have a good day!” He saw a glimpse of her confused face as he quickly closed the door behind her.
Ugh, that was disgusting…
He waited a few minutes until he decided it was safe to venture out into the hall, heading towards the supply room to get more gloves. A few paces ahead of him, he recognised Kyungsoo’s lithe figure. The OB/GYN was often around this wing because he’s sometimes need Jongin’s advice and vice versa. A smirk slid onto his face when he realised they were probably headed to the same place. Jongin purposely hung back more, watching Kyungsoo disappear into the room. He only prayed no one else would be inside.


A minute later he slipped inside, only to find Kyungsoo speaking to Baekhyun, the chief nurse. He sighed at his bad luck. “Hey.” he said casually, causing Kyungsoo to jump in surprise.
“Oh hey Jongin. You wouldn’t happen to know where a speculum is, would you? Something happened to Kyungsoo’s old one.” Baekhyun stated for the other.
“Hmm…not sure. I haven’t seen one around here at least. I guess you’ll have to go order one.”
“Right. I’ll order one and have it rush delivered. Finishing looking around, okay?” Baekhyun patted his back and exited the room, leaving Jongin with a wide eyed Kyungsoo.
“Hmm…let’s see now… Speculum…” He walked towards the cowering OB/GYN looking him in the eye before turning him around to face the drawers. Jongin unsubtly pressed his body against Kyungsoo’s, peering over the shorter man’s shoulder. “I don’t see one~” he murmured into Kyungsoo’s ear. He could practically feel the other getting flustered and stifled a laugh, instead choosing to silently move his hands to Kyungsoo’s hips, sliding them down to his mid-thigh. He could feel him tense before escaping to the opposite side of the room. Jongin failed to stifle the chuckle he let out when he saw Kyungsoo’s red face.
“J-Jongin…! You have to stop with this! I-!”
He watched Kyungsoo’s face turned a darker shade of red as he ran out of supply room. A sly smile broke out onto his lips as he turned to the shelves again. “Mission accomplished.”

—-

Doors were thrown open as paramedics wheeled in a screaming young man on a gurney, one of them applying pressure to a wound that threatened to gush blood.
“Lee Soonwoo, 19. Ballistic trauma, he was shot while being mugged. There’s no exit wound but there’s definitely internal bleeding from somewhere. 1, 2, 3.” another nurse helped them move the stretcher onto the exam table.
“Well he’s obviously conscious!” Baekhyun loudly stated over the man’s wailing.
“For now… He goes in and out of it. Tachycardia and BP is 70/50.” The tallest paramedic, Chanyeol looked up at Baekhyun as he spoke.
“All right! Let’s get to work here, I’m going to need to thread tube into his chest cavity to empty the blood after I see where the bullet went, so make sure that’s ready.” Baekhyun noticed the paramedic still staring at him and smirked behind his face mask.
“You okay Chanyeol~?” He looked at the other with an innocently confused expression. “Do you need me to give you a check up? Or will you unfreeze on your own?”
Chanyeol blinked a few times before Baekhyun’s words finally hit him. His eyes widened as he turned and quickly left the triage, a rosy blush creeping onto his cheeks.

—-

Tao sat on Kris’ chair in the neurosurgeon’s office, playing around with the things he had on his desk. The door clicked open and he jumped. “Oh it’s just you. Why so late today?”
“Did you bring me coffee?” Kris walked towards him and Tao just looked him in the eye.
“Wha-? No, that doesn’t even answer my question.”
“Yixing forgot his coat again so I helped him steal one of Jongin’s.” 
Tao watched as Kris leaned back against his desk gazing down at him and pouted a little. “You could’ve told me! I’ve been waiting here forever.”
“Oh…? Sorry…”
There. Tao had caught a glimpse of the sincere Kris. 
To others, it was something out of a crazy dream, but with Tao it was different. Of all people in the hospital the “emo morgue guy” was the one to actually make the effort to get to know him. For someone who normally avoided unnecessary human contact, he willingly went along with everything Tao said or asked although he’d never admit it aloud. Tao guessed it was because out of the entire staff, he was the only one who worked to stubbornly gain Kris’ friendship. Kris was intimidating, but that was something Tao shared in common with the surgeon, so they were quite close.

—-

Sehun was completely exhausted. He had hardly gotten any sleep at all the previous night. Spending the majority of his day hospital touring with Suho was not what he really expected. He trudged into the elevator, gaze not wavering from the floor.
“What floor?” A soft voice said.
Sehun thought he recognised this voice from somewhere, but he drew a blank and the question came again.
“Uh…what floo-“

“Cardiology.” as soon as he looked up, it hit him. The reason he didn’t recognise the voice was because the previous night, it was far from quiet. Last night the voice was and loudly cursing beneath him. “Luhan?” he was utterly shocked. “You’re a doctor?!”
“I work up in Cardiology. I’m a cardiothoracic surgeon.” Luhan replied with a nod, pressing the correct floor to go to. “Are you a patient?” His eyes widened. “…Don’t tell me you have an STD or some other contagious disease.”
Sehun rolled his eyes. “I do not. I’ll be an intern here from now on. In fact….you’re my attending physician.” He thought for a moment as Luhan's gaze fell to the floor of the elevator.

Silence fell over them for a long while and they both avoided eye contact, the unsettling atmosphere began bothering Sehun, or at least that’s what he told himself as an excuse to speak. “Soooo…about last night…”
“You find out I’m a doctor and your attending physician and you’re trying to sleep with me again?” Luhan responded, sure that those were Sehun’s intentions.
“That’s not what I said!” He couldn’t help but blush. 

A minute later, they were all over each other. Sehun pressed Luhan against the wall of the elevator, and Luhan clung to the front of his shirt. Their lips met in a heated kiss and Sehun pressed his hips against the other man’s.
Luhan broke the kiss, panting lightly while looking into Sehun’s eyes. “Stop the elevator.”
“What, why?” he replied as he glanced over at the panel before looking back at Luhan.
“Oh I think you know why.” the other man winked and pulled his intern down into a lustful kiss, reaching past Sehun and pressing the emergency stop button.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So yup! It's short~. But I still hope you enjoy! ^-^

If you have a tumblr and would like to like/reblog this fic from my blog: Here~ I'd appreciate it. :3