Investigation and A Whole Lot of Problems

Even if it hurts, it will be worth it for you.

 

---No one’s Pov---

In a spacious office at the top of one of Seoul’s highest building, a man sat in silence behind a large mahogany desk, deep in thought.

He broke the quiet.

“Tell me about her.” He instructed his secretary. “Tell me about my Granddaughter.”

His secretary, a woman in her early thirties consulted her sheet and said “Yuna Hanashima, 21 yrs old. Birthday June 9th 1989. Mother - Australian Dara Jones, Father - half Chinese half Korean, Daniel Hanashima. Twin brother Yuu, 21yrs old. She is fluent in English, Chinese, Japanese and she learnt Korean during her time in University.”

“Does she speak it well?” the man

"She does. Astoundingly well for a girl who only started learning it. Recently graduated with honours in Law and Psychology from one of Australia’s most prestigious universities, University of Queensland. First in her class. She was also in the debating team that won the national competition.”

“Oh, so she is intelligent.” Then man stated

“Very, sources say that she has idiographic memory, the ability to remember things if she reads it once. Not only that but word of mouth says she’s, athletically gifted too. She also competed in the National under 16’s tennis tournament when she was 12 and won the Championships….”

“Does she still play now?” the man asked.

“No she stopped when she was 13. My sources say that she didn't find it to be a challenge anymore. Shall I continue?” the woman questioned.

“Please Do.”

“Black Belt in Karate, Judo and Taekwondo. Apparently her parents were concerned that people would take advantage of her so they made her learn the martial arts.”

“Does she still do that now?”

“No, she started in Grade 2 when she was 7, received the black belt in Judo when she was 12, karate- age 15, Taekwondo – age 16. After that she stopped.”

“So, what does she do now?” the man said.

“She used to ski when she was younger but she recently swapped that over to snowboarding, she also still runs track. She holds the record for 400ms for her age group.”

“So she’s smart and sporty, so in my companies absolutely no use at all…” The man said with a frown.

“Actually that’s not true.” The woman interrupted. “My sources say, she is actually a very talented singer and gifted dancer.”

“Oh, singing and dancing too. That is something we can actually use.” The man said.

“Are you thinking about bringing her into the company?” The woman asked. “I don’t think that is a very good idea, the gossip magazines would have a field day. They would say its nepotism, sharing the wealth between your family.”

“Ah but if she gets discovered by herself, than it would be no problem would it.” The man said with a smirk.

“What are you suggesting we do?” The woman asked.

“Let’s just keep her family a secret for now and see how it all pans out.”

 

---Yuna’s Pov---

I arrived in Korea after travelling a total of 12hr flight from Australia. Get hit on my 3 different seedy old men, get gawked at like an animal in a zoo, by a whole lot more and now there is no one picking me up at the airport great.

I look around the airport hoping, that someone anyone would come and get me. I saw a woman smartly dressed in a business suit approach cautiously approach me and I wondered whether she knew me.

“Yuna-shi. Are you Yuna Hanashima?” the lady inquired.

“Yes, I am…” I began cautiously.  “Who are you?”

“I’m your grandfathers personal assistant, EunHye. He asked me to pick you up and take you to your apartment he organised for you.” She said.

“Oh, so I’m not going to be able to meet him?” I ask.

“No not for the time being. I’m sorry to say.” She said “But he does have a few requests he wishes for you comply with.”

“Really?” I say with shock  “So just to clarify, He’s not going to meet me but he has things he already wants me to do.”

“I’m really sorry about this, I can’t explain to you right now why your grandfather is making you do this, but let me assure you he has your best interests at heart. But first let's grab your luggage and we shall talk on our way to your apartment.”

I sigh and say, “Fine."

We walk over towards the entrance, and EunHye makes a quick call on her cell phone and a black tinted van pulls over by the entrance door. The driver hopes out and takes my luggage from me and places it in the van behind Eunhye and I. Still curious i ask her more questions as she taps into her blackberry.

"So what exactly does my grandfather do? I know he like works at SM Entertainment and what was the other one called again?”

EunHye look at me strangley “JYPE..”

“Yeah that’s it.” I say as I continue  “So what does these companies do?”

So instead of looking at me strangley now she’s looking at me like I’ve grown three extra heads or something.

“You don't know what JYPE and SM Entertainment is?”

I shake my head.

“Have you ever heard of bands like Super Junior?”

“No.”

“SNSD?”

“2pm?”

No.

I could see with every ‘No’, she was getting more and more shocked.

“2am?”

“No.”

“SHINee?”

“No. For the last time no, I don’t know any of these bands. Do you expect me to know these bands?” I ask as I get increasingly flustered

Ignorance. I hate ignorance. And stupidity, come to think of it. I don’t mean to get mad at her but that’s what she was making me feel like: an ignorant and stupid person. It’s not my fault that I have no idea what she’s talking about. It’s not like I’ve been in this country very long and it’s not like the first thing I’m going to do is check out the local music scene. But from the look on her first I probably will have to…

She continues in disbelief  “How much do you know about Korean pop music?”

“I know nothing. Apart from the fact there are bands like Super Junior, 2pm, 2am and what was it…Shiny? That exist.”

“So you do know them?” she asked confused.

“No, you just mentioned them… and I just repeated their names back to you.” I say more than a little confused too.

“Oh, so you remembered all those names, just after I said it once…” she looked curious.

“Yes.” I say exasperatedly, “Moving on. What does this have to do with my Grandfather? He’s not in one of these bands is he? Because that's just weird isn’t he like 68 or something…”

Hahaha, maybe he is in shiny. Shiny like his bald spot, like in the photo my dad showed me of him. 

I see the expression on her face. 

Forget three extra heads, from the look on her face she’s probably wondering if I was hiding a tail and a few extra limbs as well.

“No…” EunHye says slowly. “He manages them. As in he looks over them and tells them what they need to do.”

“He’s a dictator?”

I didn’t know it then, but my guess wasn’t to far from the truth.

“No, nothing like that. He just manages them and looks out for them. Speaking of it – that brings me to his request.” She says.

“Which is?” I ask apprehensively.

“He wants you to be the caretaker of one particular group. 2pm to be precise.”

“He wants me to be what…” I thought I was in shock and I misheard what she said.

“Their caretaker, follow them around to their concerts, promotional activities and recordings.”

“Oh is 2pm actually big enough to hold their own concerts. Exactly how famous are they?”

“Let’s just say, you are the first girl in a very long time who didn’t know who they are.”

Seriously?!??! That’s it as soon as I get to my apartment I’m going to dump my bags and do a little googleing and a whole lot of youtubeing.

“Okay, so you just want me to follow them around and observe? I can do that.” I said

“Well not just that..” she said as I gave her a look.  “ Your grandfather wants to you fully understand the industry he is in. So when I said caretaker that includes actually taking care of them like cleaning and….. living with them.” She said the last bit really quickly.

“WHAT.” I yell, “He wants me to live with them? Seriously he wants me to live with a bunch of girls I’ve never met before. Great…”

I can honestly say, although I have never met the man I already strongly dislike him. Greatly.

“2pm isn’t a girl group is a group of guys.”

My mouth actually fell open from shock.