Mixed Feelings

Click

 

Woohyun looks at you when your fingers locked in with his. He did not expect that…not at all. He wonders if you are too good of an actress or you really want to hold his hand.

“Action!” yells the director.

Woohyun leads you well. He starts walking and making conversations with you.

“Hey have you seen the second episode of The Thousandth Man?” he asks. He is still holding your hand. You are starting to like, you know, holding hands with him.

“Well, one could not missed it if somebody recorded the episode on my decoder and constantly texts me to watch it,” you say.

He laughs, his shoulders move up and down and giving me his eye-smile. “Did I annoy you?” he asks.

“What do you think?”

He is silent for a while. “How did you find it? The second episode?” he asks.

“You mean the episode which you lift up your shirt?” You raise your eyebrow.

“Did I impress you?” Woohyun asks, hoping that you would be impressed with his performance. “Inspirits are impressed though.”

You keep quiet and look away. You are impressed, but you don’t want to tell him directly. He could be too boastful sometimes.

Suddenly, your walk with him becomes silent. You hear birds chirping. You also see Sungjong (Extra No.1) and Myungsoo (Extra No.2) cycling around the park. You are pretty sure it has been silence for about three minutes. You wonder when the director is going to yell ‘Cut!’

Just then, Woohyun stops walking and turns to face you. “When I die, don’t you dare come to your funeral,” he suddenly says. He looks directly into your eyes. You look at him, not amused and also wishing he couldn’t see how red your cheeks have turn. You are hoping the make-up is able to cover up.

“What? Why?” you ask. You are obviously not amused with his sudden…declaration. Why funeral? Is he dying?

He smirks, as if he’s expecting you to ask why. He bends down so that his mouth is right beside your ear. “Because when I see you, my heart just might beat again.”

You swear you almost die from extreme blushing.

 


 

After the shoot, you sit behind the monitor with Woohyun and the director. The director keeps on praising the both of you, saying how naturally everything seems, and he likes how you blushed when Woohyun whispered in your ears. You want to die. Whenever you think of that moment, you want to die. It must be embarrassing.

While the director keeps on praising and pointing out the good points, you zone out. You watch the replay of the entire shooting. You imagine yourself as a third person and watch it. You must admit it; you and Woohyun look like a real couple. During the picnic scene, both of you fed each other. There was even a scene you tripped and Woohyun caught you just in time (this scene was entirely the director’s idea). You blush harder as you watch the replay. Oh my Gosh, how in the world are you going to look at Woohyun’s face ever again?

Wait, why are you even embarrassed? This is all an act right? But why does it not feel like an act to you?

 


 

The next early morning, you and Infinite arrive at the filming location, which happens to be a street. The area is blocked for this very purpose. The clouds filled the sky, making the atmosphere gloomy.

Of course, it’s exactly what the director wants. A gloomy sky, so he can adds artificial rain for the break-up scene. You are curious to how Woohyun and you are going to play out this scene. How do you even break up with someone when you didn’t even date him or her? Well, technically, there was a date yesterday, but that doesn’t really count.

Rae suits you up and hands you a transparent umbrella. “Go impress the hell out of the director!” You smile and give her a thumb up before exiting the dressing room or tent, in this case.

You walk into the middle of the street and spot Woohyun smiling at you. You smile back. Woohyun still treats you the same way as he ever does, so you should forget about yesterday’s feelings. You also spot the rest of the Infinite as extras around you and each of them holding an umbrella.

“Hyeyun-ah, come over here,” Woohyun calls you.

“Oh right,” you almost forgot that you have to share the umbrella with Woohyun. You walk over to him and open the umbrella, protecting you and him from the expected fake rainfall.

“Alright, let it pour!” yells the director.

You have your umbrella ready and watch the artificial rainfall from a machine.

 


 

“I am sorry,” you whisper as you slide your hand off Woohyun’s. You turn to walk away, but his hand catches your wrist.

“Hyeyun-ah,” Woohyun whispers. His eyes are filled with tears. He looks sad. He deserves an Oscar.

You hesitate to push his hand off your wrist, because you are supposed to be reluctant about this break up. You are supposed to be still in love, but due to unexplainable reasons, a break up is needed.

You shake your head and manage to cry a little before you he lets go off your wrist. “I am sorry,” you whisper again and walk away with your umbrella. You walk all the way behind the camera and watch Woohyun drench in the rain.

Woohyun looks devastated. He falls to his feet and his head hangs low. Then, the rest of the members are on cue. They walk past Woohyun back and fro with their umbrella, ignoring the heartbroken man in the rain. The camera zooms to get close up of the members face.

Your eyes locked on Woohyun. You have never seen him this broken, not even when he broke up with his ex. Suddenly, you want to his bubbly self. You want him to smile. You can’t stand looking at him like that. It’s even worse than watching BTD.

“Cut!” The director yells before you can throw yourself on set and shake Woohyun off his acting. Sunggyu walk over to Woohyun and helps him up. Rae covers Woohyun with a towel. Woohyun meets your eyes and throws you a heart.

You sigh in relief. He really deserves an Oscar. 

 


Oh, I forgot this. Haha. The greasy don't-come-to-my-funeral-because-my-heart-might-beat-again line is real. As in, Woohyun really did say that. Here's the link. I don't know where's the original though... but if you do, please do share with me. :)