Like

Click

 

You open your eyes slightly and to your dismay, the sunlight hits directly on your face. You groan and pull the blanket over your head. You need more sleep.

You didn’t get a good sleep last night because you just couldn’t fall asleep. Your mind raced through about the music video shoot and Woohyun. It drives you nuts. For the first time in your life, you don’t want to see your best friend… well, maybe until your confusing feelings towards him die down.

“Hyeyun-ah! I am going out!” you hear Rae shouts outside of your room, followed by the fading sound of her footsteps. Rae is a party girl. She enjoys parties like nobody’s business. That explains her flamboyant personality.

Today’s an off day for Infinite, which means an off day for you, and a party-all-day for Rae. Days like these, I have my breakfast with the boys upstairs – since Woohyun’s cooking and there is no way you can skip his cooking.

However, today, your head is throbbing and your certainly need to sleep in. Just then, your phone rings. You search for your phone on your nightstand without looking.

“Hello?” you croak.

“Hyeyun-ah! Wow, what happenned to your voice?” Dongwoo laughs. “Okay sorry, but breakfast’s ready! Why aren’t you up here yet?”

“Sorry Dongwoo,” you say. “I am not feeling well today. I want to sleep in.”

“Oh. Get well soon okay? Good night!”

You smile. Good night? Leave it to Dongwoo to cheer you up.

 

 

When you wake up, it’s five in the evening. You can feel that your head is no longer throbbing, and you feel much awake than this morning. But you still catch yourself yawning.

You hop off your bed and open the door. You haven’t eaten anything since yesterday, so you decide to head towards the kitchen to see what you can make for dinner.

As you open the door, you hear sounds - pots and pans, something bubbling and footsteps. Then you smell it. You smell food. And it’s coming from your kitchen. You wonder if it’s Rae, but Rae couldn’t be home so early, and she wouldn’t even bother cooking. Only you cook around here. 

You step into the kitchen and find yourself face to face with the person you don’t want to see today: Nam Woohyun.

“Ah, Hyeyun, are you feeling better?” he asks as he scoops up rice into two bowls. “I wanted to wake you up for lunch, but seeing you sleeping so soundly, I just couldn’t.”

“What are you doing?” you ask. Your voice sounds much clearer, and you realized you are asking a stupid question. What else would Woohyun be doing in the kitchen?

“Preparing an early dinner for two,” he replies. He takes a pot of red broth with hurriedly walks past you. The aroma escapes from the pot and you can tell that it’s your favorite dish: Kimchi chigae.

Woohyun sets up the dinner table. You are standing there watching him. You are still a little hazy from the hours of sleeping. Once he is done, he laughs upon seeing you not moving and pulls you towards the table.

“Sit,” he say and you obey. You slump onto your seat and let the aroma of the food hit you. Then you realize just how hungry you are. You pick up your spoon and take a sip of the red broth.

“How is it?” Woohyun asks with his eyes shimmering at you.

You give him a thumb up and he smiles. Even his eyes smile. Your find your heart beats faster than usual. You keep your eyes off his face to reduce the beating rate. You start to take another sip to distract yourself. So much for wanting to forget about these feelings you are having for your best friend.

Woohyun, who didn’t notice your unusual behavior, digs in the food. “Hmm, you know what, we have been best friends for years and I realized that I’ve never cook for the two of us before this.”

“Yeah,” you agree. It was either you join his family for dinner or he comes over to your house for dinner back then. Now, it’s either you join Infinite for meals or you go out with Rae for meals.

Sounds of both of you sipping the broth, chewing meat, spoons hitting the metal bowl, and comments on how the food is now and then filled the early dinnertime.

Once the food is gone, Woohyun offers his service to wash the dishes. You feel a bit bad since he cooked, and you think you should do something in return, but since you slightly feel tired, you just nod.

While Woohyun is washing the dishes, you sit on the couch and switch on the TV. You flip through channels, hoping to see something that interest you. You stop when you catch sight of a drama. That will keep you occupied for now.

After a while, Woohyun joins you on the couch. He didn’t bother changing the channel and you know he hates the drama that is currently airing. Back then; he just changed the channel whenever he sees something he didn’t like. He didn’t even care if you are watching or not.

Both of you don’t talk. Both of your eyes are fixed on the TV. No one feels like speaking and no one knows why. You want to break the awkward moment between the both of you, but you are afraid you might say something stupid like, “Hey Woohyun, I think I like you.” That’s right. You like your best friend. That took you an entire night to figured that out.

 

 

You wake up early the next morning because you need to catch an early flight to Japan. Infinite is doing a live showcase over there and you are on duty to snap pretty photographs.

After you got dressed, you quickly pack a your luggage. You didn’t have the mood to pack last night. Even after sending Woohyun off, the feelings that you wanted to erase came back to haunt you.

What should you do? Tell your best friend? What if he doesn’t feel the same way? Wouldn’t it be more awkward then? Would it be more awkward than last night? Ugh. Love is too complicated for you.

 

 

In the plane, you sit with Myungsoo. He brought his camera along and he is dying to ask you a few questions about photography. You answer each and every question he asks.

“Maybe later you should try taking over my job,” you tell Myungsoo.

“Then maybe you should stand in for me later as well,” he jokes.

You laugh.

You also catch Woohyun stealing glances at you. You start to wonder if he is jealous, but somehow you feel that there is no way he could be jealous. Why would he be?

However, you would like to have a conversation with Woohyun that is filled with laughter like what you had with Myungsoo. You used to laugh a lot when you talked to Woohyun, but now, you wonder why has it turned awkward between you guys.

 

Putting your feelings towards him aside, you certainly don’t want your friendship with Woohyun to be ruined. You truly enjoy spending time with him, laugh at his greasy comments on girls and hit him when he gets too greasy. You don’t want to lose any of those moments.

That’s it; you are going to fix it.