Goodbye

Click

 

Once you hear the sound of his footsteps fade, you slump on the floor and lean against the door. You pull your knees closer to your face and cry. The tears come rolling down your cheeks. And it hurts. Your heart hurts. This is your first heartbreak ever, considering you have no connection to your past memories. 

Rae watches you from the couch. Her position isn’t very far or very near from you either. She walks over to reach you, crouches down and pulls you into her embrace. She pats your back, attempting to calm you down.

You have never seen Rae this affectionate before. It sorts of shocks you when she hugs you but you are too broken to question her behavior. You cry in her arms. You let the housemate of yours calm you down.

 


 

Before you went downstairs to meet up with Woohyun, you had spoken with your mum over the phone and surprisingly, Rae too. She was lounging in the Strong Heart’s waiting room while Woohyun was filming. She called you first, asking your condition because she left you when clearly, you needed someone to talk to.

You told her about your plan to leave Korea once Woohyun rejected you. You know clearly in your head that Woohyun isn’t going to go back being romantic with you. Even if you share the physical appearance and identical name with Jung Hyeyun, you are not Jung Hyeyun at all. And Woohyun can obviously tell both of you apart.

Rae was supportive of your plan. She said it is good for you to focus on something else rather than to focus on chasing a guy whose mind is still hoping for his lover to return. She didn’t mean it in a bad way. You know Rae is very straightforward with her thoughts. And you appreciate that. She also advised you to talk it out to Woohyun. “He is as lost as you are. You need to clear his head. Let him know that it is no use waiting for the girl who is not coming back,” she said.

Your heart is broken by Woohyun’s rejection. But his heart is broken too by the fact that he has been waiting for ‘the girl who is not coming back’.

 


 

You don’t really want to see Woohyun, but since you guys are still best friends, you can’t reject his self-invitation to send you off at the airport.

But you really didn’t know that he brought his entire team with him. Infinite. They are making chaos. There are fans that knew about their whereabouts and decide to crowd the airport. Their managers and the security team are doing their best to prevent the fans from interrupting with the send off. But really, their constant declarations for their love for the boys are already interrupting the atmosphere.

“What are you thinking, Nam Woohyun?” you hiss at him when he grins at you.

“I was thinking to make our goodbyes as grand as possible,” he says nonchalantly. “And you can’t deny the fact that Infinite’s popularity is at its peak.”

You are left speechless. This is a 180-degree change from the Woohyun you spoke to yesterday. He has moved on too fast.

"Hyeyun, your flight is in 10 minutes, you’d better board the plane now,” Rae informs you. You nod and look around your luggage to see if you miss out anything.

You hug Rae and thank her for all that she had done for you. You give each of the boys a light hug. It is kind of awkward. You aren’t really close to them as you were before. But they shrug off the awkwardness with lame jokes.

“I guess there is no one left to take handsome photographs of us,” Sungyeol comments.

“Aish, now that you have move on, we are stuck with this over confident Woohyun,” Sunggyu complains. “The dorm was so peaceful for the past weeks!”

You laugh at their witty complains and you are pretty sure they are proud for making you laugh.

The last person in line is the guy who moved on too fast, Nam Woohyun. "Have fun over there. Forget all the pain you had over here. And, don't miss me too much. I don't want to receive a call from you and hear you crying over me."

"Yah, Nam Woohyun -," you say and about to explode at him, not caring about his fans watching. 

“Goodbye, best friend, I will miss you,” Woohyun says and gives you a light hug, stopping you from exploding. There is no sarcasm in it. It is genuine farewell from this conceited guy.

You smile. “Goodbye.”

Although it is a sad moment for the both of you, you can spot some happy faces around you. Some fans are doing fist pumps, exclaiming their happiness that their idol is finally free and single. Well, at least some people are happy for your departure.

You wave goodbye for the very last time to your friends. When you finally are able to let go of that pretty face of Woohyun, you leave for the gate. 

 


Not the end yet. :)