Your own grave

Click

 

“What? She can’t make it?” The director barks into his phone.

You are in the middle of charging your camera’s battery and eating an apple when you heard that bark. You know things aren’t going as planned.

“Where in the world can we find an actress at this moment?” The barking continues. “No! We can’t postpone the shoot!”

“Looks like it’s impossible to negotiate with him,” Sungyeol says as he lands on the seat next to you. “You know, to swap the lead actor.”

“I wouldn’t even want to stand near him,” you say. The director is practically on fire, and you certainly don’t want to be burned.

As the barking continues, you offer Sungyeol an apple. “Why don’t you just ask any random female staff here to act? She doesn’t have to say anything right?” you suggest.

Sungyeol takes a bite of the apple. “Yeah, she just need to act in love with Woohyun hyung, and breaks up with him later.” Then, Sungyeol’s eyes grow wide and a smile spread across his face.

“I will be right back,” he says and leaps off to join the barking director, his managers and Sunggyu.

 


 

“What? Me?” Now, it’s your turn to bark. Sungyeol ran off to tell them your suggestion, and he suggested you to be the female lead.

“Come on, please?” Sunggyu pleads.

“Noona?” Sungjong calls and pouts.

“I am not a good actress,” you give an excuse. You have your finger crossed, hoping that Infinite and the filming crew will buy it. However, you have no such luck.

“Liar,” Woohyun says. “You are good. I watched your play last year.”

You drop your head. It’s true, you are pretty good, and you admit it yourself. You were the star of your university’s play last year and to quote your drama coach, “You brought the house down!”

You sigh. Infinite needs you. Woohyun needs you. They need a female actress to do this. They need you in order to have a music video. You…just dug your own grave.

“Fine,” you say. “I will do it.”

 


 

“I don’t think they simply chose you without a reason,” Rae says as she zips up my dress from behind. “This dress is tailored made for the original actress, and what do you know, it fits you perfectly! I am sure they chose you because you’d fit into the clothes.”

“O-Okay?” you say. You don’t really know what to say besides that. You never told anything to Rae before this. You just went into the dressing room and Rae strips you off without a question.

After Rae is satisfied with you, the hairstylist does her magic with your hair. You close your eyes, trying to think things through. “Alright, I am going to be in an Infinite’s music video. I am going to be in a music video, a Hallyu idol’s music video. Oh my Gosh, what did I just get myself into? Oh yeah, I have to act with Woohyun too. Well, that shouldn’t be a problem right? Oh no, I forgot. We are supposed to be lovers.” If it weren’t for the hairstylist pulling your hair, you would have just hit your head on the table.

 


 

The first scene is the ‘A date in the park’ scene. There is a park just outside the studio. It’s more like a large garden actually, but the crew moved things around and created pathways to make it look like an actual park.

Woohyun wears a sleeveless black tank top and jeans, while you are in a blue summer dress. Your hair is even braided. You bet this is the first time Woohyun has ever seen you this girly… since elementary school or something. Since you are a photographer, wearing a dress or skirt is really inappropriate or somewhat disturbing when you need to squat down to get a better angle.

“I need both of you to just take a stroll along the pathway, holding hands, smiling…you know, like an actual date,” the director says.

 


 

Woohyun grabs your right hand with his left hand. The sensation that you feel when your skin touches his tickles you. You don’t particularly hate it though. You like it. In fact, you find it a bit weird that Woohyun used to hold your hand all the time when you guys were younger, and there wasn’t any sensation that you feel now.

You realize you have been staring at your right hand for quite sometime. “Hello? Earth to Hyeyun?” Woohyun calls.

“I am right here,” you responds and lock your fingers with his.

 


A new chapter tomorrow! :D  Sorry guys, I am afraid Chap 4 has to wait :( Due to some complications. I will try to put it up soon! :D - haleyhy