Have We Met Somewhere Before?

Retention Loss

 

 

Chapter Three: Have We Met Somewhere Before?

 

Staying in her apartment bores Ami to death.

She hates it almost as much as she hates her memory loss.
 
But, traveling places has become a nuisance for her, even simply short distances.
Many times has she been positive of where she was going, but ended up getting lost anyway.
Take today for instance.
 
Ami was at the local bookstore.
It was only three blocks from her apartment, but she'd still managed to get lost on the way.
She notes to write down the directions in her photo book before she forgot again.
 
Ami has a love of reading.
Something she thinks had some form of special meaning to her in the past, but that too had been lost.
She sifts through romance novels in the back of the store, looking for a special book. A book of which the title had been noted in her photo book.
 
As she stands on her tiptoes to reach a shelf too high, she feels a sudden rush of deja vu, when a hand beats her to it and pulls it down to hand to her.
 
"Thank you." Ami smiles, taking the book from the hands of a tall and handsome blonde.
 
He smiles, "You're welco-" he looks down at the much shorter girl with a shocked expression. "Ami?"
 
Kris watches the way her head tilts to one side in confusion, and she gives him a bewildered look.
He expects her to recognize him, but instead.....
 
"Have we met somewhere before?"
 
-----
Tiny double update! Barely counts because it's so short!
And, @Poison-Ivy: Thank you! ^^