Before -2- The End?

The One You Love The Most

A couple of months later.

"I can't believe how popular we have become in the last few months!" Uruha said. They were sitting in the tour bus, on the way to the next concert hall.

"And that we will play at Yokohama Stadium! That's... I never even dared to dream about that!" Aoi agreed with his boyfriend.

Kai looked from one man to the other and then to Reita and Ruki who sat leaned against each other and slept. "Try to be a bit more quiet, please! Don't wake them up."

Both Uruha and Aoi shut up immediately. Kai went on. "All this driving around is very annoying. Ruki is really aggressive sometimes. I'm afraid that it's a bit too much for him..."

His band mates looked down in embarrassement.

"Especially because he is the youngest of us." Kai sighed.

"I'm glad he has Reita... even though they had a lot of arguments lately." Uruha said worriedly.

"But still, they are a very cute couple. And this tour is really tiring. Maybe it's hard for them that they have not so much time for each other as usually." Aoi assumed.

"But why don't we have a problem in our relationship?" Uruha asked.

"Maybe because you know each other for a longer time?" Kai said.

Aoi and his lover sighed simultaneous. As no-one said anything else, Aoi took out his iPod and switched it on. After he had made himself comfortable in the seat, Uruha leaned against him.

But while all his bandmates slept Kai stayed awake, worrying if his friends were able to deal with the stress.

 

"WHERE IS MY BELT?" Ruki screamed through the backstage area.

It was the last day of Gazette's first Japan-tour, the Tour Final at Yokohama Stadium. They had to be on the stage in 10 minutes and nearly nothing worked as it should. Only Uruha was ready and made sit-ups to stretch his muscles. As he heard Ruki screaming around he stood up to help him finding his belt. "Which one do you need?" Uruha asked.

"The grey one with the glittering elements." Ruki watched after his friend who opened a dark-blue bag and pulled aout the belt.

"Why do you know where I put my stuff?" Ruki asked in a wondering tone.

"Um... I don't know. It was just a possibility. I also could have been wrong."

"But you weren't. Thank you." The singer put the belt on. As he put on his jacket as well, Aoi and Kai entered the room.

"Are you ready?" Kai asked.

"Yes, I am. Jesus, I am so nervous!" Ruki meddled with the seam of his jacket.

"Do you want to tear apart your clothes?" Reita asked in a low tone and wrapped his arms around Ruki's body, who flinched in astonishment. "Since when are you behind me?!"

His lover laughed. "For a few seconds." He kissed Ruki's neck.

"So is everybody here? Are you ready?" Kai asked. As his band mates nodded nervously, he went on. "Okay, then let's go. Say hello to Yokohama Stadium!"

 

About three hours later.

Ruki, Reita and Aoi entered the backstage room. While Reita got himself a water bottle, Ruki sighed. "Did you have to do that? I mean, you flirted with that girl in the first row! I really get the feeling you don't care about me anymore!" He sat down and drank something.

"Do you want to forbid me to look at the fans? Shall I play with my back towards them or what do you want to tell me?"

"No! Of course you can look at them. But when you start to flirt, I feel like... like..." He searched for the right word.

"I don't flirt! You are just too jealous!" Reita answered angrily.

"And now it's all my fault!" Ruki screamed in a disbelieving tone.

"Hey guys.. Calm down..." Aoi wanted to soothe his friends, but Ruki snapped at him, "Don't interfere!"

"What's your problem?" Kai said as he came in. "It was a great concert, and all you do is argue?!"

Aoi sighed. "Ruki thinks Reita flirted with a fan."

Kai looked at Ruki. "Are you serious? We have to be friendly to our fans. And of course we flirt a bit. But that's nothing serious! What would that be for a fanservice if we'd behave like nuns?"

But Ruki did not even think about calming down. "He is my boyfriend, for God's sake! And why should I believe that he doesn't betray me?"

"Better question: Why should you believe he does betray you?" Kai threw in.

"And if I'm allowed to remind you: You were the one who wanted to hide your relationship. Of course he won't behave as if you are a couple." Uruha said in a soft tone.

"And now it's my fault again?!" Ruki jumped up and ran around the table. All the pressure of the tour and the anger and disappointment aboout Reita's behavior inside of him were very close to find a way to break out of him.

"Calm down, then we can talk to each other like adults. It's no good if we keep on arguing." Reita said.

"I don't want to calm down!" Ruki screamed and threw a glass at the wall. It broke and the splinters flew around. One piece scratches his arm and it started to bleed.

"Oh my god, Ruki! What are you doing?!" Aoi took a Kleenex and wrapped it around Ruki's wound. Ruki put his hand on his arm and kept on walking. "I don't want this anymore."

"What?" Reita's voice sounded thin.

"This. The pressure. The feeling that you don't care about me. It makes me sick!" Ruki walked through the room, from one wall to the opposite and back.

"I know our success came very fast, but we can't go back. And of course I care about you. I really do. But there are other things, too, about which I have to care."

Ruki stopped suddenly. "Oh, that's how it is! I thought that I - as your boyfriend - would have a priority?!" He spat the word at him.

Reita sighed. "I didn't mean it like that."

His lover glared at him. "In which way did you mean it then? Why are you always lying at me?" he started to shiver in anger. "Did you even notice how lonely I feel?"

All the others looked at Reita and waited for him to say something, but he didn't.

Ruki's rage mixed with his disappointment. "I can't live like that anymore. I break up with you!" He ran out of the room, out of the building, and into the night.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, finally I got it. I'm very sorry I needed so long to update it^^
I just had to do a lot for school.

I would be very happy about any kind of criticism! (co-author's note: she means comments!)