Before -1-

The One You Love The Most

"Where have you been all night?" Ruki's voice sounded angry, reproachful and extremely tired.

"I told you I was invited to a party," Reita anwered.

"No, you didn't! You never tell me anything! And I'm the one who stays awake the whole night because I worry where you are!"

Reita sighed. "I told you not to worry about me!"

Now Ruki was really upset. He nearly screamed, "How can I not worry about you? You are my boyfriend, Reita, remember that! And you hang out the whole night with other guys!" He blinked the tears, that came up to his eyes, away angrily. "How can I be sure that you don't betray me?" His voice was only a whisper now. The tears came faster and ran down his cheeks.

Reita went to Ruki and hugged him gently. The younger wanted to push him away but Reita was too strong. "Hey... I'm sorry, Ruki. Sh..."

Ruki sobbed. "Don't lie to me, Rei-chan..." he mumbled into Reita's hoodie. Reita leaned back so he could look into Ruki's eyes. "Hime-chan..." He gently kissed the tears off Ruki's cheeks. The younger put his arms slowly around Reita's waist. "Come on, let's go to bed."

 

It was 10 o'clock in the morning when Kai rang the bell of Ruki's and Reita's apartment. He waited for 30 seconds, then rang again. As he wanted to push the button a third time, the door was opened by Reita.

"Good morning, Reita! If I'm allowed to say that, you look really.. tired."

"Morning, Kai... Come in..." Reita said and yawned.

Kai followed the invitation and went into the kitchen to make some coffee. "Did I wake you up?"

"Yes, you did." Ruki entered the room, only wearing sweatpants and one of Reita's T-shirts.

As Kai saw him, his eyes widened in shock. "Did you cry last night?" he asked while looking at Ruki's eyes. Ruki didn't answer and turned his face away. "Oh no. Not again," Kai said. At the same moment, Reita entered the kitchen, too. Kai walked towards him immediately and before Reita could do anything Kai had slapped him across the face. "You damn IDIOT!" Kai screamed. "Why do you always make Ruki cry?! How often did this happen this week already? It's the third time, I guess. And today is Thursday. That's a miserable quote." Kai shook his head in disbelief, then he went over to Ruki to hug him. "What has he done this time?" he asked the younger in a worried tone.

"Nothing serious," Ruki answered but Kai did not believe him. "C'mon, tell me!"

"I was late last night." Reita had come back to his senses. He did not often get slapped. "I thought I told him that I was invited to a party but I guess I didn't. So he stayed up. And when I came back home, we had an... argument."

"An argument? You hurt him, fool!" Kai hugged Ruki again. Then he turned to Reita. "You know, if i could I would kill you! But if I did that, Ruki would be crying, too. And I don't want to make him cry!"

Reita was quiet and took two cups of coffee and gave Ruki one of them.

"Arigato, Rei-chan!" Ruki said and gave the elder a little kiss on his cheek. He took a sip of his coffee and grimaced. Then he went to the pantry to get some sugar.

Kai raised an eyebrow. "You take your sugar with coffee today?" he asked ironically. The smaller glared at him, which made Kai laugh. Then he changed the topic. "Do you want something for breakfast? I could cook something."

Ruki and Reita looked at each other then Reita said, "That would be very nice. But first I want to take a shower. What about you?" he directed the question to Ruki. The younger shrugged. "Would be a good idea. I go first." He placed his cup on the kitchen table and left the room after giving Reita another brief kiss.

His boyfriend sat down at the table. "He's so cute..."

Kai took a seat next to Reita. "Why don't you tell him?" he asked.

The taller sighed. "He gets always so... cold towards me. As if he does not want me to compliment him."

Now it was Kai's turn to sigh. "Of course he wants you to compliment him. But you should not always tell him the same things because there will be the point when he doesn't believe you anymore. For example, you could tell him what you like about him."

"There are a lot of things I like about him."

"Okay. Then tell me." Kai said while he leaned on his arm.

"Hum... I like that he can write great songs. He does always listen to me when I have a problem. I like it when he is tired and only wants to cuddle. I love his bottom. But what I love the most about him is when he says "I love you" and gives me one of his little, sweet kisses."

Kai smiled. "That's... a lot."

"What is 'a lot'?" Ruki asked as he came back. He wore a big, white and fluffy robe.

Reita stood up and hugged Ruki. "You're handsome," he whispered into Ruki's ear.

"I'm wearing a bathrobe!" the younger mumbled into Reita's shoulder.

"Why is that a reason that you shouldn't be handsome?" his boyfriend asked.

Ruki blushed. "Go and take a shower!" he changed the topic.

Kai had to laugh. "You're too cute!"

Now Reita blushed, too. "I'll go now." He left the room and a few moments later the bathroom door was closed.

"Do you want to help me? I'd like to prepare the breakfast now," Kai said to the smaller boy.

Ruki nodded. "What do you want to make?"

Kai smiled. "What about pancakes?" As his friend nodded again, Kai went to the pantry to pick up the ingredients for pancakes while he sent Ruki for a pan. "Do you have anything like blueberry or cranberry syrup?" the elder asked. The other shrugged. "Don't know. Must be in the pantry. Shall I search for a bowl?" he offered.

"Yes, thank you."

While Kai was mixing the dough, Ruki sat down at the table. "About what did you talk to Rei-chan?" he finally asked.

The cook looked up. "About you," he answered directly.

"Hum... Why that?"

"Because I wanted to know why he made you cry. So we ended up talking about you."

"And..." He stopped.

"Yes, Ru-chan?"

"What - what did he say?" He tried to not show his voice was trembling but he couldn't.

Kai smiled a bit. "It wasn't anything bad. Why are you so... anxious about what he might have said?"

Ruki stared down on the floor. "Because I don't want to lose him. I'm scared he would break up with me."

 

Reita heard every word that Ruki said. 'Why should I leave him?" he asked himself. When he had left the bathroom a minute ago, he had heard Ruki and Kai talking. So he had waited in the hall because he didn't want to disturb his friends. He waited another 20 seconds, then he went into the kitchen.

Kai sighed. "Could you please be so kind and put something on?" he asked when he saw Reita was only wearing pants. His pal grimaced and went out again to get himself a T-shirt.

As Kai looked over to Ruki he saw the younger smiling.

"He looks good, hm?" he said and Ruki blushed immediately, what made Kai laugh.

As Reita came back for the second time, he wore a Pistols-T-shirt. "Has someone made a joke while I was gone?" he asked suspicious but his friend had to laugh even more until he had tears in his eyes. "You guys are too much for me!" Reita said while watching what Kai had prepared. "Pancakes?" he asked and wanted to taste the dough but as he stuck out his finger, Kai hit him. "Don't be so impatient! Sit down and wait!"

 

After breakfast, as Ruki and Reita had just sat down on the sofa, the door bell rang again. The elder stood up and went to the door that was already opened by Kai.

"Hey, Aoi! Ah, and Uruha's here, too. Come in! How has your night been?" his pal asked the two boys outside the door who came in now.

"Reita~!" Aoi screamed before he hugged him.

"Hi Aoi... How are you?" he asked while his got crushed.

As Aoi stopped squeezing him, he had to take a deep breath.

"I'm fine," Aoi answered.

"And you, Uruha?" the still a bit breathless asked the other young man.

"Oh, I'm fine as well." He smiled. "Where is Ruki?"

"On the sofa. Our night was... quite short."

Uruha and Aoi both cocked an eyebrow and exchanged a knowing gaze but Reita ignored them. Instead of answering, he walked back to the living room where he found his lover sleeping on the sofa. Quietly he left the room to get a blanket from the bedroom. Then he covered the other and left the room so Ruki could get the sleep he had missed the night before.

As he had shut the door Uruha squeaked "He is so damn cute while sleeping! Not as cute as Aoi of course but still very cute!"

Reita sighed. "I will slip away if you keep on buttering up like that!" He went into the kitchen to get himself another cup of coffee. He also offered some to his friends but they shook their heads in a 'no'.

"So, how are you?" Aoi asked Kai who just entered the room.

"I'm fine. I cooked something for Ruki and Reita for breakfast." He smiled.

Uruha sighed. "You always do so much for everyone of us... How shall we ever thank you?"

Kai bluhsed. "I'm happy if you are happy. So I do everything possible to make you happy!"

"You're too kind." Aoi stood up and hugged him tightly.

"Oh no... don't say something like that!" Kai blushed again.

"By the way, do you want to eat something? There are a few pancakes left."

Both Uruha and Aoi nodded eagerly, so Kai gave one pancake to each of them.

While eating the four boys talked about music and when they would rehearse together the next time. They were a band for a few years but they were not very known.

Just as they were discussing when they would give their next little concert, Ruki entered the room. His hair was a mess and he had wrapped the blanket around his shoulders.

"Hey guys... How are you?" He yawned and sat down at the table.

Instead of answering his question Uruha said, "Do you know how cute you are while sleeping? I almost wanted to cuddle you!"

Rukie glared at him. "If you do that, I will think about a very mean punishment for you!"

All the others had to laugh but Ruki just took a sip of coffee from Reita's cup.

"Well, when both of you are here, we can tell the real reason why we came to you." Aoi looked at everyone. "You know about the demo tape I sent to some labels? Well, one label said they would produce our music."

"W-wait. They would... Oh my god!" Kai stood up fast and hugged Aoi. "Since when do you know?"

"They called yesterday. But because I didn't want to tell you on the phone, Uruha and I decided to come over."

They all stared at him in disbelief. "And you couldn't do that yesterday?" Ruki asked taunting.

"No. So, we should think about our styling and so on..."

They were discussing until the evening, then Uruha, Aoi and Kai left.

"Oh my god, I can't belive it! We will be famous!" Reita said as he and Ruki lay on the bed.

"That's what we hope. But what if no one wants to listen to our music?" his lover asked.

"They will." Reita kissed Ruki passionately.

"We will see..." Ruki said before his mouth was closed by his boyfriend's.

 

______________________________________________________

hey guys!

Well, this is my first fic as you can see. So... please comment and subscribe?? That would really mean a lot to me! Thank you for reading and I can't wait to read your feedback!!! *waves*