After -2- The End (may be a new beginning)

The One You Love The Most

Reita forgot to breath.

"Hello?" The female voice on the telephone asked.

The young man did not believe this was happening.

"Hello! Is there anyone?" The voice became impatient.

"Ye-Yes." Reita answered with a husky voice. "It's Suzuki Akira. You called me..."

"Ah, I see! We didn't reach you on the phone. I'd like you to come to the hospital. It's about a friend of you..."

Reita didn't hear her last words. He felt like the floor was being pulled out beneath him, like he fell down into a deep, black hole. He barely noticed that Kai took the cell phone out of his hand to explain the situation to the nurse.

After a few minutes, Reita came back to his senses. His heart beat so hard, it almost hurt in his rib cage.

Kai picked up his keys. "Let's go. Ruki shouldn't wait any longer for you." Even though Kai tried to calm down his voice, Reita heard it trembling. He nodded and stood up. He was surprised he could stand because his legs felt like they would refuse their duty.

Kai led him to the car and opened the door for his friend. "Come on, enter!" he said and interrupted Reita's thoughts by doing so. Then Kai went to the driver's site and sat down behind the steering wheel. He started the engine and drove.

The radio played a song from their band and Reita switched it off. The closer they got to the hospital the more nervous he became. He was completely tensed and bit absent-mindedly on his lower lip.

He really jumped frightened as an ambulance overtook Kai's car.

"Hey... Everything's fine." Kai tried to calm down his pal.

"No, it's not! Otherwise I wouldn't need to go to the hospital to see Ruki!" Reita answered angrily and looked out of the window again while he continued treating his lower lip with his teeth.

Kai sighed but didn't say anything else.

After 15 minutes, they arrived at the hospital. While Kai was looking for a parking space, Reita felt nausea rising inside of him. He would really liked to run away, but Kai pushed him gently towards the entry.

"I-I can't!" Reita said with a panic filled voice.

"Yes, you can! And you will!" Kai replied in a determined tone.

Unwillingly, Reita entered the building. Slowly he went to the receptionist to ask for Ruki. The young lady told him the floor and the room number, then he thanked her and went with Kai to the lift. Kai pressed the number of the floor to which they needed to go.

Reita was extremely nervous. He played with a loose thread of his shirt hem and sighed continously.

"We have to leave here." Kai said to him and looked into Reita's eyes that had a diffident glance. "What is with you?" he asked the bassist.

"I don't know if Ruki even wants to see me... After all the mistakes I made." Reita looked down at his feet, but Kai lay a hand under his chin and elevated his face so he had to look into his eyes again.

"Listen to me carefully now. Your biggest mistake will be if you don't go to him now. He needs you! If you leave now, I'm pretty sure he won't forgive you anymore." Kai let go of Reita's chin and stepped out of the lift.

Reita breathed hard, then he went after Kai.

They walked down a long corridor, then they had to turn left. The bassist couldn't explain how Kai knew the right way. There were so many corridors...

Finally, Kai stopped in front of a door. "After you, please." He said and opened the door for Reita.

Hesitantly, Reita entered the room. It was white with one orange wall and not as cold as the corridor, but the young man didn't feel well in it. He gasped as he saw Ruki, who was connected with hoses to a lot of medical machines, lying on the hospital bed. "Ru...Ruki..." he whispered with a lump in his throat. He felt a tear running down his cheek and angrily wiped it away. Slowly, he went closer and looked at the pale face that looked exhausted. Ruki seemed to sleep, his rib cage heaved periodically and the machines cheeped in constant intervals.

The tears came faster and faster and Reita wasn't able to wipe them all away, so they dripped down onto his shirt. Suddenly, arms were wrapped around his chest and Kai held him close. Reita shivered because his heart hurt so much, but he broke away from the hug. Carefully, he sat down on the bed and took Ruki's small hand. "I'm so very sorry." He started with a breaking voice. "How could I be so foolish to hurt you so much? And why does it need an accident to open my eyes to see how important you are to me and how much I love and need you?" He leaned forward and gave Ruki's cheek a butterfly kiss.

"Do you want to stay with him?" Kai asked cautiously.

Reita turned slowly around. He had completely forgotten about his friend's presence. "I won't let him alone now. Do you want to drive home?"

Kai smiled. "Well, I have to go to work now. But I will come again this evening to take you home, okay?"

His pal nodded. "Thank you. You're a real friend, Kai-chan!"

The young man blushed. "Don't say things like that... See you later!" Then he left the room and Reita was alone with Ruki.

 

It was dark outside when Ruki woke up. He felt incredibly tired and thirsty. Clumsyly he turned his head and blinked a few times until he was able to see clearly, but he was really surprised when he saw a blond mop of hair lying next to him. He needed a few seconds to realize that it was Reita who slept there. "Rei?" He asked still astonished. Then he reached out his hand and touched Reita's cheek gently. When he felt the warm skin, he moved his hand away just to touch it again.

Suddenly Reita began to move a bit and Ruki held his breath. His heart beat fast and he had to swallow when his friend slowly opened his tired eyes.

"Uhm... Sorry... I must have been fallen asleep." He apologized and wanted to get up, but Ruki clung to his shirt. "Please, stay with me!"

Reita raised his eyebrows. "Okay." He bit his lower lip, then he added. "I wasn't sure if you wanted to see me..."

"Of course I want to have you here! It's so cold and... clinical... in here. I wished nothing more than your closeness."

Reita was surprised when he saw a tear running down Ruki's cheek. "Hey... There's no reason to cry!" He said and wiped the tear away.

"I know." His lover whispered. "I'm just so happy..."

 

They lay awake on Ruki's hopsital bed for about two hours, then Reita slowly dozed off. Just as he was about to fall asleep, Ruki gave him a little, sweet kiss. "I love you, Rei."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally I finished it v.v

I'm very sorry that I didn't update earlier. I had no ideas what I should write. So I needed really much time but regrettably the chapter is rather short. I hope you understand that!

This is the end of the main story. My dearest co-author Evy wrote a special chapter #5 (and I really LOVE it :D). I hope you like this ending!

 

Evy:

Yeah, well, thanks Rei. Yes, I wrote a 'fifth chapter', also called sequel in this case. It starts right when Ruki comes back home from his hospital stay. But those who are interested can simply find out more here: As You Wish

Then, I am really thankful for the subscribtions and sweet comments! You've been very kind to Rei and me. Thank you. *bows*

Any other last words, Rei?

 

Rei: Yes, I have. I hope I am as good as you as a coauthor!

 

Evy: You will be for sure. And now let's not let our precious readers wait for too long. *smiles at everyone reading this* I love you all~!!!

 

Rei: Me too! Thanks for your patience! *bows*