Well Then..

One Of A Kind

 

The week wasn't too bad. It was quite mindnumbingly boring but had its perks. Like when I got to hear Yongguk call me jagi or see his gorgeous gummy smile when I said oppa. When the weekend came it felt like a party. Hyocha invited us over on the Saturday as an almost celebration for the near end of term. Everyone's assignments had been handed in and there were only one or two exams left for each of us. We were all anticipating the holidays more than anything else. But there was still work to be done so I went over to Hyocha's house early so that we could study for maths together, much to my distaste. "Unnie!" I bear hugged her when she opened the door. Her smile was bright but somewhat mocking.
 
"You ready to do some maths study!?" I laughed but played along.
 
"You bet I am!" My voice was thick with sarcasm  but it was fun.
 
We spread the books across the coffee table in the lounge room, seperate to the TV so we wouldn't be distracted. "We've got to do 6A, B, 7F and 8E in the textbook plus the revision questions." She had written a list of topics. "Let's start with the integration questions." We worked for what felt like two hours but ended up only being one. I felt like I was going to die from the boredom of the questions and my thoughts kept drifting away. At one point I was considering what Yongguk was going to wear today. I always seemed to like it best when he wore his wife beater under a baggy sleeveless tank top. My favourite was when it was black. Hyocha snapped her fingers a few times before I came back to reality, huffing as I set to work on only the third question I'd attempted. I sighed with thoughts of my boyfriend still swimming in my head. "Come on Sunny, only a little bit longer." She smiled but the doorbell rang. My excitement bubbled up and jumped to answer it, singing and dancing as I made my way since Hyocha's parents were out.
 
"Hello there!" He flashed his gummy smile and I hugged him tight. Yongguk's cologne filled my nose, making my head sway as I let go of him. I giggled a little because he was tually wearing what I imagined him, all black - shirt, pants and shoes.
 
"Hi." I grinned like an idiot as Hyocha stepped up behind me.
 
"Forgive her, we've been studying and it's made her a bit giddy." I was indeed happy at the interruption. She took my shoulders and guided us to the TV room. Yongguk sat first so I popped down next to him, curling up under his arm until my legs rested on his jean-covered thighs. I felt a lot calmer in his hold and I nuzzled into the sway of his neck. I lost my senses for a moment in the comfort of his body and didn't completely notice the doorbell ring again until Hyocha left to answer it.
 
"Come on jagi, don't fall asleep." Yongguk's low whisper sent a shiver down my spine as the others entered the room.
 
"Daehyunnie!" I bear hugged him like I did Hyocha and he smiled widely. Over his shoulder I saw Himchan who looked quite dissatisfied but it was only a small flicker before he hid it with a smile, pulling me into a hug as well. Yongguk stood up next to me and gave them each one of those hugs that started with a handshake but ended in a half hug. That also seemed to be the moment Hyocha's parents came back, calling for lunch. Afterwards her parents moved into some other part of the house while we went back to the couch.
 
"So what do you guys want to do? Movie?" It was a unanimous decision and much to my joy the movie was 'The Wizard of Oz'. I sang and danced along with the songs, getting Hyocha to join in. The boys just laughed a little and talked about the technicalities of the tornado. When it was over I collapsed back onto the couch next to Yongguk. He smiled down at me and I could definitely empathise with the wicked witch for what it was like to melt. I pecked his lips once but it seemed to last longer than I intended, Himchan's grunt being the cue to stop.
 
"Gross." I felt mischevious and I knew I had to say it again, hopefully coaxing something out of Himchan.
 
"Just cause you're jealous Channie." His eyes twinkled with frustration and I just smirked. He pouted at me and I suddenly felt guilty. Why did he have to be so cute that it got to me? I felt compelled to apologise so I hopped away from Yongguk and onto Himchan's lap.
 
"Aw Channie I'm sorry." i said it in the cutest, most sincere voice i could manage but he just turned away from me and folded his arms, pouting like a three year old who couldn't have a lollipop. I wrapped my arms around his neck and started doing aegyo. It was the second time that week I used it but it was quite fun to do, especially since I knew how weak everyone was against it. "Please love me again!" I continued until he peeked at me. I saw the sides of his lips tug upwards and knew I was winning. I got a small fright when he suddenly pulled me in close and squished me in his arms, nuzzling at my shoulder.
 
He was laughing as he spoke and I was glad that he wasn't really upset. "Fine, as long as you don't do that again, your a bit out of practice with the whole aegyo thing." I shoved his shoulder lightly but laughed as well and stood up. That was when I noticed Yongguk's slight grimace. How cute, he was jealous! But I had to make it up so I sat closer than before and put my arms around his waist, kissing his cheek until he grinned at me. I whispered in his ears and felt him tense a little.
 
"Don't be jealous, his smile's got nothin' on yours." To that he laughed making everyone give us a curious look when he bent over his legs chuckling.
 
 
HIMCHAN'S POV
 
Himchan's gaze kept flickering to Yongguk and Sunny. They whispered and giggled to each other and Himchan kept being distracted from the rest of the conversation. Sunny was curled up under Yongguk's arm but Himchan didn't feel the usually bitterness he had a few weeks earlier. It had faded to just a tickle, something that made him feel more like he wanted their relationship for himself, not Sunny. He wanted to know how that happened. Why was he feeling jealous of what they had not what Yongguk had? Well yeah, he was jealous but he wouldn't admit that to their faces. He knew he might be teased worse for it.  His own emotions dumbfounded him although he was glad to get rid of what had caused him and his friends so much pain. Without even really noticing it his heart had changed, shifted it's direction. He hadn't completely forgotten what he felt for his best friend but he knew it was slowly being replace by something he didn't object to. His stomach tickled again when his glances left the couple and ended on the girl by his side. He bit his lip when she smiled at Daehyun, laughing at some joke that Himchan was too lost to hear. The afternoon went along like that. Himchan stared around the room, feeling his stomach bubble and jump for his confusing wants.
 
"Bye everyone~!" Sunny bent to hug Himchan as he sat on the edge of the sofa. It was time for her to leave with Yongguk and Daehyun. When she pulled back he barely caught the stern look Sunny gave him after the others left the room. What was that? It was like she was telling him to behave himself. He wasn't a child, he just wanted to fix the problems of his heart. Whatever she thought he was going to do, he was going to prove wrong. Himchan fist bumped with Daehyun and shook Yonggk's hand before they left.
 
"So what do we do now?" Hyocha came back after Himchan heard the door thump closed. He wanted to stay a little longer than the rest, making some sort of excuse as to why he couldn't go home just yet. He knew this was his moment.
 
"Can we just talk?" It seemed cutting to the chase was going to be difficult as his heart beat fast enough to leave his chest. Hyocha hummed in response. His mind became blocked as she looked at him expectantly. What should he say? Himchan cursed himself for not thinking about it earlier and cursed the fact that he couldn't think of it now with her light perfume making his head sway. She was distracting him from his intention to speak, the way her lips pursed and her eyes glanced around the room. Her full chocolate orbs were making his insides melt with the innocence they held.  Her hands danced together as she fiddled with the hem of her dress, the white cotton slipping between her long graceful fingers. Himchan was mesmerised by the sight before him. She glanced back at him and raised her brows, an urge to him to speak. The silence was getting awkward as Himchan's words hung off the tip of his tongue but he couldn't quite reach them..
 
That was when Hyocha placed one of her soft, milky hands on his clothed thigh. "Himchan?" She could tell he was getting nervous. He pulled at his collar feeling his body heat up with anxiety. There was so much to say and so much to risk in that moment and since they were alone there was no way for him to distract from he said when the words came out, if they came out. She started blowing up her cheeks at poking at them, obviously bored at waiting for him to talk. But when she opened to talk once more he couldnt let her speak.
 
"I....I wa-want...." He couldn't believe he was stuttering, Kim Hmchan what are you doing!? He was making a fool of himself in front of one of his closest friends, it wasn't right. He could feel his confidence waning and leaving every part of his body. Soon he might not be able to part his lips in order to breath. His eyes raked over her once more and he swallowed hard. He really couldn't believe he'd missed all of this the past few years. Himchan was marveling in how pretty Hyocha finally was to him. The way her skin looked as soft as ice cream, the way her lips were naturally as pink as dragon fruit and the way her hair looked like silk and shone in the glow of the sun coming from the large window behind her. He took a deep breath to steady himself.
 
"What do you want Himchan?" Her hand was still on his thigh and he felt the pressure as she squeezed it lightly, assuring him it was okay to talk. He hadn't really done this before. Sunny didn't count since he wasn't really saying the same thing.
 
"I want...to,well....to uh...as-a-ask you." This was more difficult than he expected. Why was he taking so long to only say a few words? But he knew there was every chance she could hate him for it and he was prepared for any sort of negative reaction. "I want to ask you out.....on a date." The words came out in rush and he let the long breath he'd held in go. His relief was only temporary when he saw the look that overcame her features. He wondered at how she managed to not look angry even though he was sure that's what she would be. She seemed surpsied more than anything but he wasn't sure if he noticed a small glint of relief in her eyes. They stayed there for a few minutes, in a silence more deafening than when Himchan had lost the ability to talks just a moment ago. His heart thumped when he saw her move to speak. He wanted to know quickly if he had been rejected or not, like ripping off a long left band-aid.
 
Hyocha's expression was blank, giving no hint of what she felt and only building on Himchan's concern. He swallowed again when her tongue darted out to her lips before she opened them in a half simle to talk. "Well, go on then, ask.
 
 

Well there you have you it ladies and gentlemen *cough* I mean Babyz and warriors. Himchan has guts after all haha

also I changed the image so you knew what i was describing for Yongguk's clothes ^-^ mmm and i wrote this twice, since the first one I wrote was perfect! Ugh but the pabo I am I pressed delete instead of save so I'm not overjoyed at how it turned out......

anyway enjoy the shorter-than-usual-update!