Dreams and Nightmares Come True

Burning Reality

             Your face lit up and your heart skipped a beat. Wait, why did my heart skip a beat? “Oh my gosh, it really is you! What are you doing here?”

            “Well, you know that I really like to eat double chocolate chip coo—“He started.

            “No, I meant, what are you doing HERE? Didn’t you move to the other side of the country?”

            Baro pouted. “I didn’t know that you hated me THAT much…”

            Your eyes widened. “I-I didn’t mean it like that! U-um, I meant like, you were accepted to SM High, one of the top performing arts schools in the country. Why would you come back to our little town?” I see that he still carries his guitar around with him everywhere. You smiled. I guess some things never change.

            “Well, I’m just visiting during summer vacation because I missed you, _______!”His eyes were sparkling. “But since you really DON’T hate me, can I please get a hug from my best friend?”

            “Of course, dummy,” You whispered, wrapping your arms around his neck and pulling him close, breathing in his scent. “I missed you.”

            “Next!” The cashier called out in a monotone voice. You quickly broke away from your embrace with Baro and approached the counter, hoping that no one would notice that you were blushing.

            “Can I please get two slices of strawberry cheesecake, a small iced green tea, and a small strawberry frap?” You listed as you reached for your wallet.

            Baro quickly put his hand on yours and mumbled, “I’ll pay for it.” while shoving his hand into his jeans pocket for his wallet. “And can you please add a chocolate chip cookie to that order?” He placed the money on the counter and smiled. “Keep the change.”

            It’s a good thing that he didn’t notice that I was blushing. “Thank you,” You said as you waited for your order to come out, looking into his dark brown eyes. His eyes are such a deep shade of brown… Then you realized that you were staring at him and snapped out of it.

            Baro looked down at his shoes and blushed. She's so beautiful. He thought.  “________, I also had another reason for coming back to this town. I wanted to tell you that…I-I love you. I’ve always l-loved you, from the very first moment I m-met you,” he stammered while pulling out a jewelry case from his pocket. “Please do me the honor of being my girlfriend. I know that you’re too good for me. You’re so beautiful, and funny, and talented, and caring, and just…perfect, but I really will love you with all that I’m worth. I’ll protect you and make sure that nothing ever hurts you,”

           Your face felt like it was burning up. Why am I blushing so much? Why is my heart beating so fast? Baro knelt down on one knee and looked up at you as he opened the box. Inside, there was a pair of delicate necklaces. A couples’ necklace. You realized as your hands flew up to cover your mouth in shock.

            “Baro…it’s so beautiful,” You gasped. The two necklaces were puzzle pieces with a heart in the middle.

dxzzknrl.jpg

             “Um, and I wrote you a song. I posted it online first to see if it was any good,” Baro explained while pulling out his guitar from its case.

              The confession was so unexpected that you didn't know how to react. He glanced at you and smiled before strumming the first chord. I hope this works...Then his voice, so sweet and familiar, sang to you. “Hi, girl you just caught my eye…”

               Your eyes widened even more. T-this was HIS song? But…but the voice in the recording was totally different. I didn’t even expect… Baro’s voice rang in your ears and warmed your heart. “...I don’t know why I’m drawn to you. Could you be the other one so we equal two? And this…” You sang the harmonies you came up with earlier in the day. He looked at you in shock and then, feeling encouraged, broadened his smile even more. Looks like she's heard it before. When the song was over, Baro stared at you with such staggering tenderness that you were lost for words. Finally, he asked, “So, I see you've already heard the song. What do you think of it?”

             Hesitating, you spluttered, “I-I didn’t know that t-this was yours,” Why are you stammering? You mentally cursed yourself for looking like a fool. “I h-heard it on the internet and immediately fell in love with it.”

              Moving in closer to you, he tilted his head to the side and stared into your eyes until you broke eye contact and blushed. I could feel his breath on my face. It smells like strawberry candy, my favorite. You thought as you nervously gulped.

             “And what’s your reply to my confession?”

             “I—“Before you could continue, Baro cupped your chin upwards and closed the gap between the two of you. You froze in shock, his soft lips on yours. When he broke away, he rested his forehead on yours. Your heart jumped into your throat as more blood rushed to your face. What’s is this? Why did he do that?

             Baro gently moved his lips right next to your ear. "How did that feel?"

            You felt a chill ripple through your body, though it didn't feel unpleasant. It actually felt kinda...good. You began to realize your feelings for Baro. How long have I loved him? You wondered, remembering the heart wrentching pain of watching him board the plane that would take him away from you. Embarassed about your discovery, you quickly shoved him away from you.

           "I'm so confused..." You groaned as you covered your eyes with your hands.

            Baro was prepared.”I know. But, even if you don't love me back, I'll always be there for you."

           "Promise?" You took your hands off of your face and stuck your right pinkie finger out.

           "Promise. Forever and ever. I would come flying across the world for you," He replied as he wrapped his finger around yours. A warm feeling surged through your body and a smile spread across your face.

           "I love you so much, Baro," You said without realizing it. As soon as it slipped out, your eyes widened in shock at what you just said.

           Baro was taken aback. "W-what? You mean like a brother? Like Zelo?" 

           You took a deep breath. "No, it feels kinda...different. I don't really know what's going on, but I just know I want you by my side forever," After saying that, you felt embarassed and tried to cover your face again.

           "Is this a dream?" he murmered. "I mean, it’s too good to be tr—“ you reached over to pinch his cheek. “OW! That hurts! What was that for?” Baro exclaimed.

         “Does this feel like a dream to you?” you teased as you leaned over to kiss where you had just pinched. You giggled. “If it hurts, then it’s not a dream, right?”

        “Right,” Baro mumbled. “I finally got her, huh.”

        “Hm? Did you say something?”

        “Nope! Hey, if you have time, do you wanna go grab some dinner? Like, our first date?” This time, Baro was the one blushing.

        “Dinner…” You muttered. Then, your eyes widened. Crap! I forgot about Zelo! “Ah, sorry. Maybe tomorrow night! Okay? Here’s my number,” You said as you frantically scribbled it onto a napkin. “I have to hurry home and make dinner for Zelo, though. He’s gonna be SO mad at me!” You groaned. “Do you want to come over? I'm sure Zelo would love seeing you again..."

        "Nah, he would probably just be really mad at me for holding up his little sister," Baro snickered. "I’ll see you tomorrow!” He called out as you ran through the doors of the café with your groceries and drinks. Aigoo, she's so cute. Then, his eyes widened. I forgot to give her one of the necklaces! Whatever, I'll just give it to her tomorrow.

         Damn it! You mentally cursed. I can’t run very fast with these drinks in my hands and grocery bags swinging on my arms. But, I can’t believe I have a boyfriend now. You smiled to yourself. Everything will be better now. It feels like the world suddenly became a lot brighter. When you came closer to your house, you could see smoke emerging from above the trees in the surrounding area. What’s going on? Maybe it’s just a bonfire or something. You reassured yourself.

         As you ran closer to the entrance of your neighborhood, you could see flames on one of the houses the sky. No, no, no, no…This can’t be happening! But you knew as soon as you saw it. Your body was frozen with fear. My house is burning down right in front of my eyes. Zelo. You realized that he might still be inside. Zelo. ZELO! Suddenly, you could move again. You dropped everything you were holding and dashed for the house.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please subscribe and/or comment :3 Hope you're enjoying the story so far! Please read on...I would really apprecitate feedback, positive OR negative...I mean, I'm new at this...so I don't really know what I'm doing... ^____^ Thanks! :D

***Sorry about the mistakes I made before...I fixed them now :)