Unexpected Meeting

Burning Reality

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKCVYKzLsjs <---play this song :)

            “Hi, girl you just caught my eye. Thought I should give it a try and get your name and your number, go grab some lunch and eat some cucumbers. Why did I say that? I don’t know why, but you’re smilin’ and it’s something I like on your face. Yeah, it suits you…” The song blasted from the stereo as you sang along, attempting to create a harmony for it. “...And this is all based on a lucky chance that you would rather add than subtract. You and I could be like Sonny and Char, honey and bears. And you and I could be like Aladdin and Jasmine. Let’s make it happen. La la la la…”

          After the song was finished, you tripped on some clothes on the ground while trying to walk over to the stereo to hit repeat.

          “OW…that really hurt!” You whined as you sat down on your bed, rubbing your throbbing toe. Glancing over at the ring sitting on your windowsill, you whispered, “I miss you, mom and dad…” As soon as the song began to play again, you squealed and immediately bounced off of the bed to dance and sing along with the music, forgetting the pain in your foot. “I love this song so much!”

            “Hey, little sis! That song is really annoying me!” Your brother, Zelo, yelled from his room while pounding on the wall that separated us.

            “Too bad. It’s my new favorite song, so you’ll be hearing it plenty more times from now on!” You retorted, sneering when you heard him groan. I can only be this way with you. Suddenly, your bedroom door swung open and Zelo charged in, swung you onto his shoulder, and spun you around.

            “Turn it OFF!” He yelled, reaching for the stereo.

            “NO! I really like it!” you giggled. “But I’m starting to feel dizzy…” As soon as Zelo put you down, you collapsed on your bed, breathing hard, stomach hurting from laughing so much.

            “Serves you right,” he mumbled. “Why are you so heavy? My shoulder hurts now ‘cause you put so much weight on it!” he teased.

            “It’s your fau—“Before you could finish, Zelo bent down and began to tickle you. “Stop it, Zelo! S-Stop…I SAID STOP!” He wouldn’t listen to you, and you were thrown into another laughing fit. “Ze…lo…if you don’t stop…I’m gonna die…from laughing…so much…” you managed to choke out.

            “Well, I think you’ve had enough torture for one day!” He cheerfully pronounced as he rose from where he was kneeling. “Are you hungry? ‘Cause I need food, desperately.”

            “You’re such a bully!” you gasped for air. “What I need is to relax. Geez, my sides hurt so badly now, and it’s all your fault. Are you happy now?” you stated while propping yourself up on your elbows.

            “Yeah, but I would be even happier if you made me food. Preferably mac & cheese,” Zelo teased with a wide grin on his face.

            Smacking him on the arm, you scooted out of bed. “You’re such a jerk.”

            “But you love me, anyways!” Zelo winked.

            You rolled your eyes at him and walked downstairs to the kitchen to make dinner. When you scanned the contents of the pantry, you couldn’t find any more macaroni. And, to add on to not having macaroni, the refrigerator didn’t have enough milk, cheese, and butter for your homemade recipe. “Zelo?” you called.

            “What?” He shouted from upstairs.

            “I’m going to the store to get some ingredients. Can I entrust our house to your responsible self?”

            “Gosh, I’m older than you! Of course you can. As the man of the house, nothing bad will happen as long as I’m here!”

            “You’re only older by a year,” you yelled out in protest. “And besides, you’re only seventeen, and you don’t have a girlfriend. You’re not a true man yet!" 

             But you will be one, soon. I hope you won’t leave me when the time comes. You thought.

            “Whatever. Are you going or what? The sooner you go, the sooner you come back. And the sooner you come back, the sooner I get your yummy cooking. So hurry up!” Zelo complained.

            “Fine, I’m going now,” Laughing as you pulled on a jacket and stepped out of the front door into the chilly air. I should save up for a car. Walking everywhere is always so annoying. It's so awkward when I see people that I know around. You reflected while you strode to the supermarket a couple miles away from home. After picking up the food, you stopped by a café to order some drinks and desert. Strawberry cheesecake is Zelo’s favorite. And he also likes iced green tea. You deliberated as you stood in line, waiting to order. 

            “___________?" You heard a voice behind you. “Is that you,________?”

            You turned around to see your childhood friend that moved away a year ago to attend a prestigious performing arts school across the country. “Baro?”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry....I know this is really short, but I'm still working on the next chapter...so please bear with me! ^______^ Please continue reading my story! :D Please subscribe for updates and comment on how I can improve the story. Thank you! :D