The Inbetween

Burning Reality

 

           You found yourself floating in a black tunnel. 

            Where am I? On one side, there were voices calling to you. You were very tempted to go with them. It was almost like an imaginary magnet was pulling you to that side. But, on the other end, there was a bright light that seemed so warm and comfortable. The light was slipping away.

            “Wait! No! I want to go back! I’m not ready to die yet! I want to go back!” As soon as you screamed this, the white light began to consume everything around you. The darkness was fading away, and you were soon surrounded by a meadow of flowers. 

            Seriously, where am I? You wondered. A familiar, slender figure appeared in front of you. “Mama?” you were shocked. “Mama, where am I? And, what are you doing here?” She only smiled at you and shook her head.

             You continued, “Mama! I really missed you and daddy so much. Zelo does, too.” As soon as you mentioned Zelo’s name, painful memories flooded back. Tears began to stream down your face. “Mama, is Zelo dead, too?”

             She shook her head again.

           “Sweetie, you’re not exactly dead yet either.”

            You blinked and looked down at the pink daisy that was blooming in front of you. “What?”

           “Well, you did die. But, you were lucky enough to end up in the Tunnel of Choices, and you chose the correct end. Now you're in what we like to call "The Inbetween". You’re about ready to go back to your human body. I missed you so much, __________” Her eyes glistened. “I’m so proud that you’ve grown up as such a wonderful person. We, as in me and your father, watch over you two all the time.”

           “Mama…” Suddenly, you began to feel sleepy. You tried to fight it back, but it was no use. You fell back on the soft grass and closed your eyes.

            The last thing you saw was your mother’s beautiful face smiling down at you. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry....another really short chapter ^______^ Please subscribe for updates and comment below :3 I would really appreciate it! :D Please help me improve my story! >___<