Chapter 5

Surprise

 

After the kiss I leaned up to ask if I could go greet the other two that I had been held back from. But before I could even ask Zhou Mi chuckled softly and said “Go.” Can he read minds? I gave him a quick peck on the cheek as he released me, ran and practically knocked Hangeng and Siwon over while the rest of the room burst out laughing at my antics.

Luckily the two were expecting it and caught me in a hug without the three of us winding up in a heap on the floor. (It has happened before…with almost everyone in the room. Everyone has learned to expect it especially when I’m hyper.) I started to shake a bit. Thank shisus no one could see my face because it was buried in Siwon and Hangeng’s shoulders. “There there, we missed you too and we’re here now.” Hangeng said as Siwon rubbed my back trying to calm me down.

I was trying so hard not to breakdown in front of everyone. “Please tell me that you guys really did have to work” I thought I had said that soft enough so only the two would hear, but I was wrong when another pair of arms were added to the hug. “Sen ah of course we did, we had a few things that we had to finish before we could go on break.” “We wouldn’t deliberately put you through that for anything.” “I know none of you would it’s just it’s a lot to take in so many emotions in one day…” (Oh great here come the tears and I was doing so well too.)

The only warning I had before being squished was a voice outside of our little group calling for a group hug. Luckily Zhou Mi, Hangeng, and Siwon were able to hold them off enough for me not to be squished to death and left just enough room for me to sneak out. I managed to get to the outer ring of legs before Kyuhyun and Kibum grabbed my arms and pulled me the rest of the way out of the death trap they call a group hug. “Thanks guys” they just nodded trying not to laugh at the spectacle before us. “Ugh what’s with these hugs I swear they are trying to kill me or something. First my brothers and now this?”

“Sen, why are you over there?” Henry asked while I was waving frantically for him to shut up! Too late they noticed….. I turned to Kyuhyun and Kibum “You know where to find me” they nodded as I took off for the attic before anyone could catch me and drag me back into one of the massive death traps again.

I actually hid out on the roof for a bit first because as big as this house is they do have enough people to run a complete search of the entire house in a matter of minutes. That includes the attic for those who know where the entrance is. All though the attic is sound proof that doesn’t mean the rest of the house necessarily is, not to mention there are a few windows open and the majority of the group aren’t exactly the quietest people. I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing. Sounds of doors slamming “Not here – not here either.” “Where did she go? – I don’t know it was like she went poof and disappeared” “When did she get to be so fast?” “Haha this is why we gave up playing hide and seek when we were kids”

Man its cold out here it should be okay to go to the attic now. I made my way back to the attic thinking that it was getting late and I should probably go back down to hang with the guys for a bit but I do have the rest of break to do that, that and I didn’t really want to chance another one of those hugs tonight. I walked to the player and hit play. I’ve got way too much energy to even think about going to sleep so may as well work out the kinks in the dance that I’ve been working on by myself. I gave up after about an hour or so, lying down on the floor. There was something missing but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

I yelped when a cold cloth fell on my face. I pulled it off to find Zhou Mi sitting next to me with his Cheshire grin. “So this is where my little ninja disappeared to.” “Please” I said rolling my eyes “Sungmin and Hangeng are far more ninja than I could ever be.” He shook his head smiling “You know there are a lot of dancers downstairs that wouldn’t mind helping you with that dance.”  “Yeah I know but it’s late and I’m not gonna worry about it right now. How long have you been up here?” I asked sitting up.

“About half an hour, I think we should get you to bed its late and tomorrow is going to be a long day” he said picking me up bridal style. “Um… you do know I can walk right? And what’s happening tomorrow?” he just chuckled. “Yes and it’s a secret.” “Ugh fine, can I at least piggy back instead since you insist on carrying me down.” “You and you’re piggy backs” he said shaking his head as he set me back down so I could hop on his back. “So? I like them and you still get to carry me, it’s a win-win” I said as we headed back downstairs.