happy birthday !

Read Your Mind

 

SungYeol flopped on the couch, remote on his left hand while his right hand holding a cup of ice coffee. He slurped the chocolate liquid without mercy, almost half of a cup. Flipping through boring channels, he finally stopped at Adventure Time show.

He laughed and chuckled at the jokes that Finn and Jake made, but afterall he couldn’t drive away from dissapoinment and sadness.

The tall boy rolled his eyes, as if he want to show it to himself. No need to sad, this isn’t the first time I got my birthday alone, he thoughts while sipped the rest of his ice coffee.

Ding ding!

SungYeol’s half eyebrow furrowed as he stand up from the couch, thinking about the possibility who’s knocking the door this late.

As he reached the door knob and pulled it open, SungYeol swore he never expected this.

“ HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE SUNGYEOL!”

SungJong holding a birthday cake with an eighteen shaped candle on the top of it, HoYa and DongWoo blow out a small horn which is put out a super noisy shrill voice, WooHyun and SungGyu threw some confetti while MyungSoo clapped his hands like a happy seal.

“ You—“

“ So, you’re going to let us standing here like this?” SungJong mocked while make annoyed face.

SungYeol immediately step back and let his noisy bestfriends entered his house before neighbors scolded him for being so noisy.

The boys were gathered on television room, surrounding the birthday cake.

SungGyu chuckled at the silence and immediately started to sing, “ Saengil chukka hamnidaaa—“

“ Saengil chukka hamnidaaaaa—“ and it getting noisier.

“ Saranghaneun uri Yeollieeeeeee, saengil chukka hamnidaaaaaa—“

MyungSoo nudged SungYeol’s arm, makes the latter shifted his gaze to him. The black haired boy pointed the birthday cake and smiled, “ Go make a wish and blew the candles.”

SungYeol’s lips made a thin smile while he closed his eyes.

I guess I’m just too paranoid. Nothing’s wrong. I wish I could stay with them forever.

MyungSoo bit his lower lip, slightly peeking at the adorable SungYeol who stands beside him.

A cheering and joyfull screams filled the house after SungYeol blew the candles in one try. This is the first time SungYeol’s house isn’t so empty anymore, there’ll be always laughs echoed from now on.

 

“ Who’s the mastermind?”

Everyone certainty pointed at SungJong who busy his lemon lollipop. The maknae widen his eyes and grinned at SungYeol, asking for forgiveness.

“ How do you know my birthday date?” SungYeol asked.

“ I have many resources, afterall I’m school secretary.”

SungYeol sighed, “ No wonder you know it.”

The latter moves forward at SungJong’s direction and stretched his long arms, SungJong’s brown locks affectionately. SungYeol smiled sincerely at the younger boy, his eyes changed into cresent moon shaped. He grinned and said, “ Thanks, Jongie. This mean a lot for me.”

MyungSoo couldn’t help but felt his chest burning—in anger.

“ And all of you—“ SungYeol shifted his gaze towards the boys one by one. “—my bestfriends.”

“ You’re welcome,” SungGyu replied with a smile, sinked his eyes into a thin line.

“ So I guess I’ll cook some delicious food,” WooHyun stand up and picking two big sized plastic bags filled by groceries. “ HoYa, mind to help me?”

HoYa nods and grinned at DongWoo who clinged on his arms, “ Hyung, let’s make our infamous samgyupsal and let SungYeol tasted it.”

“ I’d love to,” SungYeol smiled. “ Use my kitchen as you like, it rarely get touched when I lived here.”

“ I wanna help too!” SungGyu dangled like a tail behing his young lover.

“ Eyy, hyung, you almost forgot to sliced the cake and gave it to someone special for you!” SungJong clapped his hands in excitement.

“ What?” SungYeol stared at the younger bewilderedly. Since he’s already sliced one and stuffed half of it to his mouth. “ Ah, yeah I forgot.”

MyungSoo watched every SungYeol moved, slightly hoping SungYeol would give him the first cake. But frowns come to his face when he saw SungYeol gave it to the maknae who squealed in delight and thanked SungYeol for umpteenth time.

“ Say aaah!”

MyungSoo blinked his eyes, stared in confusion at SungYeol who shoved half of his previously-had-been-eaten-by-himself cake. He just followed what SungYeol told him and chewed the delicious cake in silent.

Well, this is the first slice he took, right? So—

Let’s consider that’s the first cake.

His eyes went wide, staring at the latter who frowned cause the maknae for watching Adventure Time. MyungSoo swallowed the cake in one gulp and stay frozen.

Ugh, I hate you for thinking about that, SungYeol!

“ Jong, bring me the milk! I left that close to you!” WooHyun’s voice echoed between the noisy chit-chat sound from HoYa and DongWoo.

SungJong stand up and snatched the bottle of milk, left MyungSoo and SungYeol alone.

“ Happy birthday, Yeol.”

“ ... Thanks.”

“ So you’re getting older, huh?”

“ But I’m so young inside.”

“ Indeed, you’re a choding.”

SungYeol frowned. MyungSoo laughed.

“ Thanks for the first slice.”

“ I thought you didn’t realized.”

“ I’m sharp, you know.”

“ You’re welcome.”

“ Why me?”

“...”

“...”

“ Just wanted to.”

“ Dinner come!” SungGyu interrupted the conversation, holding a big bowl of kimchi fried rice in his hand and carefully put it on the table. “ Or should I say, an early breakfast?”

SungYeol chuckled. “ I guess so, it’s already 1PM. You could have a sleepover.”

“ Well, that’s nice,” WooHyun replied, arranged bowls of rice on the table one by one. “ We could have chit-chat or maybe watching horror movies!”

“ I’m in!” SungJong yelled in joyfull, while his hyungs sighed loudly. “ Horror is best movie genre, though,” he put his hands on hip and flipped his bangs.

HoYa and DongWoo come last while brought their infamous samgyupsal, which is seduced SungYeol’s stomach by only smelling the delicious scent. The next minutes, they ate in silence, busy inhaling meat and kimchi. Some compliments come from SungYeol’s lips, makes the chefs grinned thriumphantly.

“ This is the best dinner I ever had!” SungYeol smiled. “ You two should open a samgyupsal restaurant in the future, hyungs!”

DongWoo’s eyes glistening while he laughed, “ I’m adding your idea to my list on future.”

“ And I’m sure SungGyu hyung won’t be starved since WooHyun hyung cooks well.”

Both WooHyun and SungGyu blushed from SungYeol’s compliment and earned a loud laughs from other.

“ You should tried MyungSoo’s ramen,” SungGyu suggested. “ It’s super yummy.”

“ Really?” MyungSoo getting uneasy as SungYeol stared at him. “ Would you cook one for me later?”

MyungSoo nods in silent. “ Sure, why not.”

Better say thanks to me, KimSoo.

MyungSoo lifted his face and stucked his tongue at SungGyu’s direction.

“ Jong, no horror movies,” SungYeol pulled SungJong away, prevented the boy to put a horror movie DVD into the player. “ I don’t want horror ruined my birthday.”

“ You’re no fun,” SungJong pouted and folded his arms.

SungYeol ruffled the younger’s locks and earning a light smack on his arm. He laughed and left the angry diva on television room, while he decided to go to the kitchen. The tall boy find HoYa and DongWoo busy washing the dishes while WooHyun arranged the leftover groceries with SungGyu.

It has been long time he felt so warm like this.

“ Hyung, would you help me to take some thick blankets from upstairs? We can sleep in front of television, how’s that sound?”

 

 

MyungSoo silently laughed to himself.

It’s already 3PM, and everyone was fell asleep soundly on the television room.

They put some thick blanket and slept like a bunch of sardinese.

HoYa and DongWoo who planned to play poker cards with eyeryone, already drove into dreamland with arms cling to each other. SungGyu, being the oldest, sleep first and then WooHyun too. While the maknae who insist that he could stay awake all night long, already found a comfy position by leaned close at SungGyu.

MyungSoo couldn’t sleep.

Cause SungYeol was lie down beside him.

But he immediately closed his eyes when he felt SungYeol moved. He stay closed his eyelids when he felt the blanket were brushing his arms and he knows SungYeol was awake.

Something bothered him? But what?

MyungSoo decided to follow the latter to the kitchen.

 

 

--to be continued--

 

HI EVERYONE ! thanks for reading the chapter again :3 kkkk

and well i never expected that i'll have 100 subscriber, so THANKYOUUUUUUU~! 

thankyou so much, i couldn't say anything else  orz

this story is getting closer to the top of problem, soooo stay tuned ! ahahaha~

once again thank you very gamsa ! :D