Observing Him

Read Your Mind

 

“ Hyung.”

SungGyu flinched a bit from his comfy position on his bed. His hamster eye catched MyungSoo’s figure standing in front of door, giving him a desperate look. And he know his brother needed him to talk.

“ WooHyunnie, I need to do something with MyungSoo. Called you later kay?” he tried to persuade WooHyun cause his younger lover is rarely wants their conversation get disturbed by MyungSoo. He smiled as MyungSoo sat on the edge of his bed. “ Thanks, urrrm—darl. I catch you up later.”

MyungSoo put both his hands in front of his lips, preventing to bursting out laugh. While SungGyu’s face flushed in red tint.

“ What do you want?” he asked firmly, takes a pillow to covered up his red face.

“ Since when you become cheesy like that?” MyungSoo can’t help but laughed loudly.

“ Shut up. Too much hanging around WooHyun.”

“ Cause there’s no possibility you stay away from your young lover,” MyungSoo laid down his tired body. His eyes wandering somewhere.

“ Is there something bothering you, KimSoo?”

MyungSoo’s eyes met his. Somehow since their parents are busy with their own world which is never involved their two sons, SungGyu is the only person he can trusted on. And KimSoo is his habit whenever he knows MyungSoo having some problem.

“ I can’t read his mind, that new kid—“ MyungSoo sighed, but in second he glared sharply towards SungGyu. “ Wait, you know I can’t read his mind?”

“ Stop reading my mind and by the way, that’s obvious, KimSoo,” his bottom lip jutted out as he thinks about the previous lunch on school. “ You can’t tell what kind of food that he want.”

“ Yep. I’ve been trying to read his mind, guessing his name back on the class. But I don’t find anything,” MyungSoo ruffled his short jet black hair in frustation. “ It’s just like something obstructed me from reading his mind.”

“ But he’s not like someone who had double personality or something.”

“ I know.”

“ Or probably you’re right, there’s something preventing you from reading his mind.”

“ But he doesn’t look like have an ability to reject mine. He’s just like the bubbly choding student who likes to spreading his adorable shining gummy smile to everyone and—“

SungGyu’s eyes went wide—as wide as he can—staring at MyungSoo who seems already realized what is he talking about.

“ Oh, I see someone get interested at the new kid...”

“ I am not.”

“ He seems nice, friendly and fit well with us. I like him though.”

“ I am not interesting.”

“ Said who frustated cause he can’t read his mind.”

“ Hyung! You should listen to me, not teasing,” SungGyu covered up his ear when MyungSoo’s childish whining comes the way. He know he can’t resist this side of his younger brother.

MyungSoo smiled thriumphantly as SungGyu nodded.

“ Thanks, bro,” he got back to his usual side and get up. “ Thanks for listening by the way. Now you can catch up your darling again.”

“ YAH!”

 

 

MyungSoo locked his room, getting ready to sleep. But somehow, he’s still wandering why he can’t read SungYeol’s mind.

What if my ability got fading? MyungSoo’s eyebrows furrowed in unpleasant. He walks toward the open window, sat on the edge and enjoying the night wind his face. No way, its just the matter of time until I found the way to read his mind.

He recalled the time when he faced SungYeol for the first time.

That brown deer eyes seems so bright and mild, but somehow there’s a fragile beam on it, like he’s trying to be tough. Or much like he learned a lot from pain, and now he’s strong.

Strong enough to prevent MyungSoo’s ability.

Well actually, what am I doing? MyungSoo’s eyes furrowed. It’s just not like...me.

MyungSoo is not kind of person who loves to involved into people’s problem, especially with a person who’s just be acquainted with him for a short period.

Am I—ugh, what am I thinking? MyungSoo shook his head fiercely. I’m just curious, that’s it!

And with that thought, MyungSoo drifted off to sleep.

 

 

MyungSoo loves photography.

He always bring his camera everywhere and anytime. That raven haired boy just love to take pictures, something that can trapped a beautiful unforgettable moment into something that remain everlasting.

It’s his mom who introduced him into photography which is being MyungSoo’s life for now. Off course it’s before his mom... being busy with her job.

“ YAH!”

MyungSoo taken aback in surprise, almost jumped from his seat when SungJong’s face appeared in front of his camera lens—which is makes his face look bigger and that’s why MyungSoo’s surprised.

“ You could broke my camera lens!” MyungSoo frowned, checking his lens.

SungJong pouted and put his hands on hip like a diva. “ Off course no! My precious face is perfect for camera, you know! So now take a picture of me and SungYeol hyung, hurry!”

Too absorbed with checking his camera lens, MyungSoo didn’t realized that SungYeol is actually there with SungJong since before. Instead of taking picture, MyungSoo’s eyes peered up into SungYeol’s expression.

He doesn’t look like someone who have been something hard..., MyungSoo tells himself. Or he did have an ability to reject mine?

“ Hyung! Hurry up!”

MyungSoo blinked in surprise and immediately directing his lens towards two guys in front of him. SungJong had his two arms swung into SungYeol’s shoulder, his head leaned on. While SungYeol smiled widely as he always do.

“ The result is come out perfect!” SungJong claimed, clapped his hands in happiness.

“ Why did we look like a newlywed couple?” SungYeol grinning, amused with SungJong’s red flush on his cheeks but tried to covered it.

“ We’re not!” SungJong stucked out his tongue.

“ Go away,” MyungSoo cut in. “ Don’t act lovey dovey in front of me.”

SungJong scoffed, flipped his hair and grabbed SungYeol from his seat. Probably having some lemon candy cause MyungSoo is ruining his mood.

MyungSoo can’t help but smiled when he saw SungYeol turned his head, grinning towards him and mouthed, “ SungJong is in his period.”

His eyes staring sharply into the camera screen which is displaying the previous picture of his friends. And there he is, unconsiously scanning SungYeol again.

SungYeol seems like normal person, nothing wrong with him, MyungSoo scratched his nose awkwardly. But I’m totally sure there’s something! Something that I can’t figured out now. If only I was closer with SungYeol, probably I would know...

His fingers tracing SungYeol’s faceline on the screen. And he stopped at those pair eyes of him. This is definitely the reason why MyungSoo keep insisted to figured out why he can’t read SungYeol’s mind.

Bright but in pain, shady but deeply suffered.

I have to get closer with SungYeol...

 

 

SungGyu’s lips curved into a smile when he saw WooHyun’s figure approaching him. As usual the older is always stays on library when he have spare time, relaxing himself from his lead of choir team activity with reading some books.

“ Shakespeare...,” WooHyun mumbled while sat down beside his lover. “ Don’t tell me you’re trying to be greasy.”

“ Said who always being grease ball,” SungGyu laughed.

“ I’ll be glad to be the grease ball who always played by you, HamsterGyu.”

“ Ew!”

WooHyun laughed at SungGyu’s disgust expression. He get used to it. Maybe SungGyu looked like displeased with WooHyun’s cheesy lines, but he know that SungGyu won’t be able to resist it.

“ I thought you we’re hanging out with other,” SungGyu’s words snapped WooHyun from staring at his lover too much. “ Stop staring at me and why are you here?”

WooHyun shrugged. “ HoYa and DongWoo spending their spare time with practicing dance these days—or maybe something else, while MyungSoo is like glued on his seat, and SungJong is being clingy with SungYeol on the canteen. I don’t wanna look like a third wheel.”

SungGyu put an understanding nod.

“ And off course I would be here cause I missed you.”

The younger laughed until his eyes shaped into a cresent when he saw SungGyu rolled his eyes. “ Anyway, SungYeol seems fit in so fast,” he commented, closed the book he held and focused on WooHyun. “ SungJong attached to him like no tomorrow, and MyungSoo seems interested with him.”

“ Really?” WooHyun’s voice raised, that’s a shocking news. “ Well, MyungSoo never been interested in someone before, right?”

SungGyu nodded. “ I know. Probably SungYeol’s bright side is slowly breaking his ice mental.”

“ Yeah—but it seems like I’ve met him before.”

“ What do you mean?”

WooHyun shifted his position, leaning his body on the couch. “ Remember when I told you that I’ve lived on Japan for a year before I moved here?” the brown haired boy continued his story after SungGyu nodding. “ I lived in school dormitory. And he’s in the same floor with me too. I guess I didn’t wrong... Lee SungYeol, room 4D. Apart five rooms from mine.”

“ And SungYeol... is not just like SungYeol we know right now.”

 

 

“ You likes taking picture so much, eh?”

MyungSoo turned his face and smiled instantly. “ A lot,” he replied.

“ You seems enjoyed your time taking pictures of them,” the taller joining MyungSoo to sat on the edge of window. There’s only few students on the class cause the recess bell already ringing.

He nodded and back to his work, directing his camera lens towards a couple who play under the raindrop. They shared laugh and happiness, ignoring the fact that people staring at them and their uniform are soaked. The taller boy even swing his lover around caused the shorter screaming in joyfull. There’s nothing more gorgeous than a picture of a lover, MyungSoo tought. Plus the scenery from second floor, from his class to be exact, is MyungSoo’s favourite angle.

“ You like photographs too?” now its MyungSoo turn to ask.

SungYeol giggled, “ I like taking photo with my polaroid camera.”

“ Wanna join photograph class?”

“ ...”

“ Don’t worry, I can help you.”

“ Well, I’m not talented—“

“ Photography isn’t something that required talent only, but also passion,” MyungSoo checking his shoot, not even staring at the hesitate SungYeol. “ It helps you feel free, or maybe makes you forget something that makes you sad or in pain.”

MyungSoo peeked at SungYeol from the corner of his sharp smoky eyes. SungYeol seems like pondering about something, his eyes somehow glistening in sad but his smile still remain there.

And I still can’t read your mind, Lee SungYeol.

“ Okay, I’ll join.”

 

-to be continued-

 

 

 

---

hi everyone :3 thanks for subscribing and leaving comments!

your comments are really supporting me on writing hehehehh~

ah ne, since English isn't my mother languange, so bear with me please.

I know my tenses and grammar is *facepalm* heh

keep reading and leaving comment ! ILY <3